Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2010, 01:07 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,008,871 times

Advertisements

Thanks for sharing that, Renaud.
Boston.com always has incredible photos.
In this particular collection, the different perspectives found in the comments are as interesting as the photos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 12:03 PM

65 posts, read 354,467 times
Talking It's All Around Us

Beautiful Florida

Photos courtesy of My Photo Blog

Osprey in Dunedin's Hammock Park

Sun setting into the Gulf of Mexico off Clearwater Beach

The Marina in Safety Harbor, on Tampa Bay

Photos copyright My Photo Blog

Old 10-17-2010, 10:34 AM

495 posts, read 2,328,398 times
View out my back winder last spring. Cows on far hill side.

Click on bar to enlarge and note "Redneck Windchimes" in lower left:

Old 10-17-2010, 11:09 AM

Cows near the yard.

Jesus Rays in sunset:

Fog in "valley"

Wild turkeys in back yard:

Old 10-17-2010, 12:02 PM

Old abandoned house near Micanopy. It was built in the 1870s.

they even had lectricity fer a while.

Back of home and separate kitchen shack.

The kitchen was built separate from the main house. Back then, with no AC they wanted the heat from cooking out of the house.

The front yard:

Old porch light:

Front steps:

Bay Winder:

Front of house:

Old 10-19-2010, 06:13 AM

39 posts, read 134,694 times
Wacahoota Man, can I come live with you and your wife? LOL Wow, such gorgeous pictures!! Do you live up near Micanopy? The scenery is breathtaking!

And to everyone who is so generous to share their beautiful photos, THANK YOU for lifting my spirits and putting a smile on my face whenever I get on this board. Whenever I've entertained thoughts of moving to a different state other than my native Florida, all I have to do is get on here, look at these pictures and you people talk me out of it every time! :-) And "My Home Is In Ocala", congratulations on the birth of your daughter! Your pictures are exquisite, too. I haven't seen a red-winged black bird down here in SoFla in AGES. Used to get them all the time at my birdfeeder.

Old 10-20-2010, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Wacahoota Man, can I come live with you and your wife? LOL Wow, such gorgeous pictures!! Do you live up near Micanopy? The scenery is breathtaking!
Actually I lives down the road frum Micanopy. More toward Wacahoota.

The Micanopy area is still old Florida. Plenty of small towns that are like Florida before the strip malls and fast food franchises came to town.

Donno if the ole lady wud take kindly to a stranger movin in. Besides my dogs aint to civil to strangers no how.

But Cuzin Lonnie gots this single wide he wud rent ya rite cheap. It needs a little of sprucin up but it is back in the deep woods at the end of a long dirt road so aint no revenuers like to bother ya either.

It even gots an mud dobber alarm system on the front door!

An the truck in the front yard is considered to be" Redneck Yard Art" by the art authorities at Sothebys . Theys is gonna put it on the cover of ther Spring Art Auction Catalog. So it shud be gone if it fetches a good price at the spring auction.

It better bring a good price. I can part wif the truck as I gots ten more jus like it. But them bumperstickers is hard to come by!

Old 11-03-2010, 07:45 AM

39 posts, read 134,694 times
Hi, Wacahoota Man! LOL! What can I say? You even managed to make your Cuzin Lonnie's place look like an idyllic paradise! Do ya think he'd mind it if I brought my husband with me when we come on up? (Although, he might even have a problem with ME movin' on in, seein' as how we ain't related by blood and all.) I also did not realize there was an actual place in Florida called "Wacahoota". I thought you made that up for the message forum. :-D

I really enjoy your pictures and your wonderful sense of humor. Please keep posting those pics!!! You live in a beautiful place! (Yes, Old Florida. Just the words alone can take some of the tension right out of a person's body and mind.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacahootaman View Post
Actually I lives down the road frum Micanopy. More toward Wacahoota.

The Micanopy area is still old Florida. Plenty of small towns that are like Florida before the strip malls and fast food franchises came to town.

Donno if the ole lady wud take kindly to a stranger movin in. Besides my dogs aint to civil to strangers no how.

But Cuzin Lonnie gots this single wide he wud rent ya rite cheap. It needs a little of sprucin up but it is back in the deep woods at the end of a long dirt road so aint no revenuers like to bother ya either.

It even gots an mud dobber alarm system on the front door!

An the truck in the front yard is considered to be" Redneck Yard Art" by the art authorities at Sothebys . Theys is gonna put it on the cover of ther Spring Art Auction Catalog. So it shud be gone if it fetches a good price at the spring auction.

It better bring a good price. I can part wif the truck as I gots ten more jus like it. But them bumperstickers is hard to come by!

Old 11-03-2010, 10:33 AM

23 posts, read 53,638 times
Default Flahrida

more pics of Flahridur
Attached Thumbnails
Preserving the Beauty of FL 2009-normaldayinnininhotoototida.jpg   Preserving the Beauty of FL 2009-flordailakesarehotototototo.jpg   Preserving the Beauty of FL 2009-floridascoolspellwascold.jpg   Preserving the Beauty of FL 2009-typicaldayinsotuhrlfoorida.jpg   Preserving the Beauty of FL 2009-flordadlllllflodaamamgeehuuricane.jpg  

Preserving the Beauty of FL 2009-gatorsonafloridabeachhhh.jpg   Preserving the Beauty of FL 2009-typicaldayinmiamiiiiiii.jpg  

Old 11-04-2010, 02:13 PM

Another nice country town in the area is McIntosh.

Lots of victorian homes were built there when folks got rich off oranges when the railroad was put through in the 1880s. They could put the orange crop on a train then and they would sell for a fortune in NYC three days later.

But the big freezes of the 1890s wiped out the groves and the town has slept ever since.

Old church in McIntosh.

MacIntosh Avenue B

Old home

Big Tree

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida