U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 07:12 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 8,685,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckerd View Post
I was wanting to know if anybody gets dizzy and have headaches while they are in the state of Florida.
Ever since we have been here, my husband has been getting headaches every day. It goes away when we leave the state. He is going to the doctor to find out what is wrong with him. I was wanting to know if anybody else gets this type of thing?
I got major headaches too, trying to figure out on how to pay for everything, while we were here....lol (kidding, people)
Seriously, the state has a major problem with pollen, and so many, many people I know down there, have SEVERE sinus problems!
I would definately start with that.....
Also, he is staying out of the sun, right? Maybe the heat is getting to him?
Hope he will go to the doc, and wish, he's ok!
Keep us posted!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 07:15 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 8,685,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
I was watching Oprah and she and Dr. Oz were talking about a think called a netty pot or nose bidet...you put saline in the pot and there is a special way to pour it in your sinus cavity, it fills the sinus, cleans it out and then runs out the other side of your nose...

This woman who had never done it before got up there and tried it out and didn't choke on the water, then she came back a month later and talked about how her and her husband were so much better...

I think I'm going to get one, I have been having such sinus problems...
OMG...I watched that show too, and it REALLY WORKS!! (if you know oprah and her show, you'll know it is true! )
I definately have to let my friends know, one in particular. She has had several surgeries on her sinus...that's how bad it is. I really feel bad for her

Old 05-23-2007, 07:36 AM

1,343 posts, read 4,667,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoaster View Post
Are you still living in FL? What region? I'd love to move anywhere (in FL, of course) where I could get relief from it. The last one went on for 5 days, ended yesterday - and here comes another!

Yikes, you poor thing. My headaches used to start at the lower back of my skull, behind my ears.

I live in Flagler County, about 10 miles inland, but I think it's the loratidine that helps, not the area.

Hope you find some relief!!!

Old 05-23-2007, 11:01 AM

15,112 posts, read 31,005,993 times
When I lived in Sarasota, I got bad headaches all the time, along with other strange symptoms, like dizziness and extreme tiredness. I also had very bad allergies. I think some of it had to do with red tide, and some of the invasive tropical vegetation. I am much better living inland and north of there.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:32 PM

20 posts, read 77,189 times
i have lived in florida for 30 years and have dealt with the same problem for as long as i can remember. my head tells me when it's gonna rain here before it even does. sinus headache pills are what works best for me. good luck!

Old 05-27-2007, 07:59 AM

262 posts, read 846,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg II View Post
Yikes, you poor thing. My headaches used to start at the lower back of my skull, behind my ears.

I live in Flagler County, about 10 miles inland, but I think it's the loratidine that helps, not the area.

Hope you find some relief!!!
Thanks! This is no way to live, going from headache to headache. Mine are very much like yours, the base of the skull, behind the ears. And with stabbing pains in the sinus area. I am glad you found relief from your headaches, they are debilitating.

What's strange is, when I go south - with one of these migraines in progress - by the time we reach Ft. Myers, it vanishes. Then on the return trip, we get to around Bradenton, and bam! it resumes. When I went up to GA, it was bad there. Something's going on, but I can't figure out what

When barometric pressure goes up, that is the worst trigger.

Old 05-27-2007, 09:48 AM

3,258 posts, read 8,023,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
I was watching Oprah and she and Dr. Oz were talking about a think called a netty pot or nose bidet...you put saline in the pot and there is a special way to pour it in your sinus cavity, it fills the sinus, cleans it out and then runs out the other side of your nose...

This woman who had never done it before got up there and tried it out and didn't choke on the water, then she came back a month later and talked about how her and her husband were so much better...

I think I'm going to get one, I have been having such sinus problems...
They did a similar thing on Greys Anatomy recently just using a bulb syringe. Seems to work, just do it slowly.

Old 05-27-2007, 10:55 AM

2,209 posts, read 6,902,448 times
I only get headaches when I'm around people who complain about Florida. I wish they would simply not come here

Old 07-27-2008, 09:01 AM

24 posts, read 138,112 times
Thought I would bump this up again as I continue my search for input from people who have made a move from a cold climate to a warm one. I'm seeeking an area with fairly conistent barometric pressures to help with migraine headaches. I am starting research into Windermere...near Orlando. It's not a perfect match..but may be where our business takes us!

Any input from fellow migraine sufferers or weather buffs would be very much appreciated!

Old 07-27-2008, 01:07 PM

991 posts, read 4,217,681 times
Hi I moved from Long Island NY 8 months agao and have had nothing but sinus headaches, ear problems ever since. I live near Tampa also. On LI I had probably 2 sius headaches my whole life. and only when it rained for a long period of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or