Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 03:57 AM

10 posts, read 40,789 times

Advertisements

in the panhandle, or ocala. they are both beautiful. lakeland is an overcrowded and expensive redneck paradise.

Old 09-13-2006, 06:34 AM

243 posts, read 1,093,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
YES!!! Hey wait a minute! You DON'T need a car in Sunny Isles!!!

In the 5 yrs I lived in Sunny Isles I found the grocery store, bank, doctors, gym, fast food, hair cut places all in walking distance. Same deal with the places on the beach both north and south of Sunny Isles (Hallandale, Hollywood, Miami Beach, Bal Harbor). I could see where someone who lives on South Beach and works there or downtown wouldn't need a car.

Old 09-13-2006, 10:45 AM

65 posts, read 340,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDog View Post
In the 5 yrs I lived in Sunny Isles I found the grocery store, bank, doctors, gym, fast food, hair cut places all in walking distance. Same deal with the places on the beach both north and south of Sunny Isles (Hallandale, Hollywood, Miami Beach, Bal Harbor). I could see where someone who lives on South Beach and works there or downtown wouldn't need a car.
I don't see too many people walking outside in 88 degree sunshine. That's like asking for trouble. And the public buses? Oh, boy! They'll let anyone ride and anyone usually does, making it more dangerous than driving.

Old 09-13-2006, 10:54 AM

421 posts, read 465,825 times
Default Psl

Like i said, i have all that i want and need east of rt1...I wanted to be as close to the beach as possible and i am...there is so very little crime here to date altho with size, it's picking up..I wouldn't leave my doors unlocked no matter what state or town i lived in...

Old 09-13-2006, 12:54 PM

243 posts, read 1,093,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnywabbit! View Post
I don't see too many people walking outside in 88 degree sunshine. That's like asking for trouble. And the public buses? Oh, boy! They'll let anyone ride and anyone usually does, making it more dangerous than driving.

Well then you don't get out much.

Old 09-13-2006, 02:22 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,160,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnywabbit! View Post
Although this post is most likely going to be removed by the moderator I can't help but notice a definite theme to all your posts so far.

"safe, friendly, American"

"the community looks out for one another and refuses to give housing to undesirables"

"And the public buses? Oh, boy! They'll let anyone ride"

"Many folks who live in North and Central Fl are ex-Miamians who moved to get away from huge Hispanic populations."

Old 09-13-2006, 06:04 PM

1,307 posts, read 5,487,676 times
I do think the thread has run its course and nothing will be gained by keeping it around.

It's closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida