U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 03:28 PM

22,553 posts, read 47,245,506 times

Advertisements

The problem with Lee County schools is that some schools are good and some are not. The system has school choice, which is touted as a way for parents to pick the schools, but in actuality it is way for the county to force your child to attend a less than desirable school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2007, 06:05 PM

124 posts, read 745,376 times
If you can afford it, move to Naples, good schools, nice beaches, lots of young families at all the parks, all the shopping you can imagine.

Old 01-19-2007, 06:27 PM

22,553 posts, read 47,245,506 times
Naples. Honestly, I wouldn't even want to vacation there. Lot's of strip malls. Miles of them. Horrible traffic. And you best be independently wealthy.

What is the attraction? I don't get it. It's an incredibly congested area. The mall is subpar. It does not even remotely resemble what it once was.

And yes, it is better than Fort Myers, but that is not saying much.

Old 01-19-2007, 07:31 PM

4 posts, read 8,952 times
So, in regards to Ft. Meyers whats particular areas should I be looking at. I will be flying down within the next couple of weeks to explore the area.

Old 01-20-2007, 04:39 PM

2 posts, read 3,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Well, there is more bad areas than Pine Manor. The poster neglected to mention the Dunbar/MLK area. I think that area is worse than Pine Manor, and that is saying something. Dunbar is also right next to the small downtown area. Heading to the east of Dunbar isn't really great, either.
Moderator cut: rude
If there's one good thing about the high-crime statistics of Ft. Myers it scares people away and my nice little city doesn't turn into one big suburban mess like parts of the East Coast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRF26 View Post
So, in regards to Ft. Meyers whats particular areas should I be looking at. I will be flying down within the next couple of weeks to explore the area.
Anything off of McGregor Blvd. out to the beach. South Fort Myers. North Fort Myers along the river is nice. There are a lot of places.

Old 01-20-2007, 04:57 PM

60 posts, read 269,364 times
Talking Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRF26 View Post
I've been going down to North Naples for the last 16yrs. It is really beautiful. You go and check out North Naples and Bonita Springs these areas are decent. Sure, it is expensive but everything is going up these days. I am also moving down there this spring. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or