Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 03:24 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,901,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Wow! Those are pretty good stats. Where did the info come from? City-Data and FDLE?

What is the average price of a newer home in these areas?

I would say about 325k and falling for the higher end towns (Weston, Cooper City) and about 275k and rapidly falling for some of the other ones (Sunrise, Plantation). Those are mostly just the run of the mill Broward area towns that everyone moans about and Lauderhill and Ft. Lauderdale are known for bad areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 03:32 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,894,623 times
OP don't freak out. I already knew this and moved here. You cannot trust any people near your kids registered or not, so really, with kids you have to be totally vigilant and that applies to all places because there are alot more creeps NOT registered than REGISTERED.

You saw Dateline to catch a predator right? Letting you kid on a chat board is more dangerous than you guys going to the mall.

What town did you start with, and what is bringing you here? A job somewhere or just a "move".

If it's a simple move for "fun" what is your housing target range?

This forum is part of City Data - city information site. you can read about each city on here, several informational things about each town now just crime.... home page looks like this:

http://www.city-data.com/

Here is the link for my town Vero Beach on the east coast. and a random one called Crystal Springs (mighta been from the zip you gave)

You can read about each town here by searching a new one. If you don't know where to start I have to ask back to what is your reason for coming and what do you like....if you're starting from scratch. And what about a job?

Vero 1 to 148 low population

http://www.city-data.com/city/Vero-Beach-Florida.html

Crystal Springs Fl 1 to 588 very low population

http://www.city-data.com/city/Crysta...s-Florida.html

Old 07-18-2008, 03:43 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,920,068 times
From my experience in working at the Sarasota Sheriff's Department, I do know that Sarasota county really cracks down on the registration of the sexual offenders. I think that there are many cities where there are more sexual predators but they just aren't registered so the stats tend to look better. I'd rather there not be any, but if they do live in the area I'd rather know where they are living. Just my opinion.

Take the Jessica Lunsford case. The prevert was living right next door but wasn't registered at that address.

I am not referring to above cities specifically as I don't know anything about their police department.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:44 PM

Here the cities pass ordinances (beyond the state standard) so they can't live anywhere even if they wanted to which probably explains the relatively low ratios.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Here the cities pass ordinances (beyond the state standard) so they can't live anywhere even if they wanted to which probably explains the relatively low ratios.
Hmmm...that's interesting. Do you happen to know how the ordinances read? I'd be interested in taking a look at them. Any idea if they are online?

Old 07-18-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Hmmm...that's interesting. Do you happen to know how the ordinances read? I'd be interested in taking a look at them. Any idea if they are online?
SPECIAL REPORT: SEX OFFENDERS -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Old 07-18-2008, 04:47 PM

Ya Gotta LOVE City data.....I didn't even know about this s/o page

http://www.city-data.com/so/Florida.html

Old 07-18-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
This week the NJ courts overthrew one of those. Two townships passed ordinances prohibiting 2500 feet. It got tossed.

I think psl is doing the same thing, increasing from 1500 to 2500 I think.

So that probably EXACTLY explains why some are worse than others, like Vero.

I knew you'd think of it!

ETA: Oh nice, all your offenders are up my way .....lol:

The ratio of number of residents in Weston to the number of sex offenders is 13159 to 1

Old 07-18-2008, 05:04 PM

Looking at the sex offenders in North Port 46 of the 78 registered offenders did not commit the crime in Sarasota county. Many of the offenders are coming from VT, IL, NJ, OH & other areas of FL. Interesting...

Over 1/4 of the offenders in NP are under 30, many are under 20. Might have been a teenage lover kind of situation. Not that that's great but it's better than a 60 year old man preying on a little kid. There are six sexual predators, one of which is a woman

Last edited by SoFLGal; 07-18-2008 at 05:22 PM..

Old 07-18-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Looking at the sex offenders in North Port 46 of the 78 registered offenders did not commit the crime in Sarasota county. Many of the offenders are coming from VT, IL, NJ, OH & other areas of FL. Interesting...

Over 1/4 of the offenders in NP are under 30, many are under 20. Might have been a teenage lover kind of situation. Not that that's great but it's better than a 60 year old man preying on a little kid. There are six sexual predators, one of which is a woman
I saw two women. The only thing about predator over offender is how the 'ring up " the charges. Like if they can get them on two imo.

Where were you looking? On this link there is not a single solitary one under 20 that would be DOB before 1987 ......there are one or two born 1986....but still...so what...that is a major age difference. Age 21 and someone under 14 (usually) or even 12 even if you want to stretch a point....without reading the flyer.

http://www.city-data.com/so/so-North-Port-Florida.html

The thing is if you watch Dateline, you cannot assume under 30 or 20 is a "poor guy" situation. I mean really, do you actually think that? Have you seen that show? It was a marathon all day on July 4th. There is a steady stream of men all ages, all jobs even Rabbis, driving all over the country for children under age.

ONE guy was a prosecutor on Pensacola and drove to freaking Michigan and then killed himself when he got caught.

These guys go there to be with a KNOWN 12 YEAR OLD. It's right in the chat transcripts. they are not being tricked....they even chat about not getting caught by police etc....

One guy thought he was meeting a 12 year old, walked right into the kitchen with nobody in there, just opened up the door....walked in...and took all his clothes off and sat at the kitchen table.

I mean, come ON ha ha

Alot of them have bad stuff though in the car...like handcuffs, duct tape etc....so I'm laughing but not really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida