U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we add a St. Petersburg sub-forum or rename the Tampa sub-forum?
Add a separate St. Petersburg sub-forum 17 40.48%
Rename the Tampa sub-forum to Tampa Bay area (covering St. Petersburg and Clearwater) 25 59.52%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 11:45 AM

34,240 posts, read 41,245,337 times

Advertisements

Granted the naming of the whole area Tampa does make it convenient in that it includes many towns and cities in the area but as some one who spent a good part of my Youth in St Pete seems rather a shame to relegate a city with so much Florida history as simply a side note to Tampa.

Old 09-30-2012, 01:22 PM

15,112 posts, read 31,000,924 times
It's fine as is, although it could be renamed "Tampa Bay Area", with the subtitle as is (Tampa, St. Pete, Clearwater). Tampa is the largest city by far hence the "Tampa Bay" designation. St. Pete is beautiful and I love it, but it was developed right from the start as a retirement destination, which it has been up until the last decade or two. Tampa always has been the main settlement area, and business oriented with the larger and more diverse (age-wise and other) population.

I am just surprised this forum never established a Lakeland or Polk County forum. Polk County is HUGE. People really don't know where to post there questions. Don't really belong in either Tampa or Orlando forums.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:14 PM

21 posts, read 15,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
An interesting suggestion...I realize this is a from a few years ago. But, as a person searching out information specifically about St. Petersburg, without much interest in Tampa itself. It's certainly interesting that it has been mentioned to separate them before.

As I'm not living there, it's largely irrelevant to me. But, curious if St. Pete residents might beg to differ...or if they consider themselves more or less part of the one large Tampa Bay metro...?
I don't live there but to me it's the same area. Tampa itself it's not that big and many people live in other counties like Pasco, Hernando and Pinellas. Tampa Bay is the best description.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:16 PM

10,576 posts, read 10,792,849 times
A St Pete subforum in Tampa makes sense IMO.

What doesn't make sense is a lack of any forum for the Volusia/Flagler area that includes Daytona/New Smyrna Beach/Flagler But I digress....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or