Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 03:34 PM

2 posts, read 5,612 times

Advertisements

I am now retired and I am looking to escape the midwest winters. I am single and looking for an area of Florida that has reasonably priced golf (November through April) and some night life mainly in the form of dancing. I like west coast, east coast and cha-cha primarily. Being by the water doesn't necessarily interest me, inland is fine. I would just be there in the wintertime and even a mobile home in a nice park would work okay for me.
I would probably prefer renting the first winter just to use that area as a base to check out the rest of Florida. Does not have to be swimming/sunbathing weather.....just warm enough to play golf!

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.....Wilt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 07:35 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times
Vero beach and Hutchinson Island has the right age bracket 25 - 40 (HA HA) seriously it's really nice here for you and the best part is there are two condo communities very reasonable with golf right on the property, with carts and stuff. It might even be free but even for outsiders it's cheap I noticed llike .12 bucks. Modest golf not fancy shmancy golf ...but some famous pro owns one of them so.Vista Gardens with gorgeous landscaping and Vista Royale more modest but nice....but there are other communities with the big courses. There's a ton of golf. Both HOAs are very active all winter with parties too so there must be dancing or you can start it up lol.

Hutchinson Island has a ocean side mobile home neighborhood that is really nice it seem to be where all the Canadians come. And Vero on the mainland has a brand new mobile home neighborhood right on the Intracoastal...meaning both of these are not in deteriorated conditions.

Also check Vista Plantation it's a HUGE golf condo neighborhood perfectly landscaped and maintained next to where I live in a nice area by the Indian River Mall that is not run down and has every single thing you can want.

Rents start at 450 there's a surplus at the Vista Royale and probably Vista Gardens too. You can buy any of these properties at ridiculously low prices now and they will continue to do down. Sadly several spouses are selling as they lose their spouses and they can 't wait out the market like other neighborhoods. These are 55 Plus with an 80/20 rule on age.

For dancing you're on your own but I googled it and there seems to be some. Also the HOA are very active and have dancing other activities all the time, too.

I'm laughing when I saw "golf and nightlife" I thought of miniature golf and there is NONE HERE. What's up with that? I havent seen miniature golf in Indian river, Palm beach OR broward !!

Old 07-20-2008, 07:49 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times
Here ya go, if you're good you can get a job there too!

http://www.dancevero.com/

Old 07-20-2008, 08:00 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,029,725 times
I don't know how old you are, but The Villages has unlimited golf. It doesn't get cheaper than that. You could also look at PGA National in Port St. Lucie.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:59 AM

2 posts, read 5,612 times
I'm 65. I'm aware of the Villages but it's a little pricey to rent there in the wintertime. I was hoping that some golfers would check in here. I'm used to paying around $25 to play a round of golf here in central Indiana during the week at senior rates (including cart) at some pretty decent courses. I know wintertime golf in Florida can be fairly expensive. i play a lot so I don't want to be paying $100 for a round of golf.

Again, what I'm looking for is reasonably priced winter golf (November through April) and a way to meet other singles (men & women). I'm a strictly heterosexual male but looking for somewhere that offers a social life with other single people. I wouldn't particularily want to be in a retirement community as I picture that as being mostly couples.

Any more ideas?....preferably from someone who been there, done that.

It doesn't necessarily have to be Florida.....just someplace fairly warm in the winter.

Thanks.....wilt

Old 07-21-2008, 09:00 AM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,139,627 times
Try The World Golf Village near jacksonville and St. Augustine

Old 07-21-2008, 09:15 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,555,533 times
Wedgefield Golf Club

I think you would love Wedgefield.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:10 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,530,753 times
Wedgefield is a great suggestion...my uncle works at the course there.

Also try Zellwood Station, it is a mobile home community with a golf course. Lots of snowbirds reside there.
My mom and her husband live there and he golfs almost daily. It must by reasonable cuz he's about as tight as they come.

Google Zellwood Station for more info.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:06 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,555,533 times
Fairways Country Club is another mobile home community in Orlando:

Fairways Country Club | Fairways Golf Course

Old 07-21-2008, 05:10 PM

440 posts, read 2,425,886 times
We've got all kinds of golf up here along the Emerald Coast. Here is a website that provides a list and info on the area and most of the golf courses that are around.

Beaches of South Walton Golf Courses (http://beachesofsouthwalton.com/Todo_GolfResults.asp - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida