Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 03:22 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,744,304 times

Advertisements

Funny, after I moved in the builders across the street let their people try and steal my water. So I disconnected the yard spigot and hooked it up to the salt water well for the air conditioner......the results were worth the effort! Two hours with Bobcat and trencher, 20.00 in PVC....the results- priceless!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2007, 07:09 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,432,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Funny, after I moved in the builders across the street let their people try and steal my water. So I disconnected the yard spigot and hooked it up to the salt water well for the air conditioner......the results were worth the effort! Two hours with Bobcat and trencher, 20.00 in PVC....the results- priceless!
That is SO FUNNY!!!
Thank's, I needed a good laugh today!!!
We need people like you, and maybe they will learn their lesson???

Old 01-30-2007, 07:43 AM

442 posts, read 2,912,598 times
BEN come on Be Realistic, Most builders will "fix" some stuff, but I know some of the Bowen Homes are Very Poor workmen ship and there excuse is " oh its just the home Setteling"?.. yeah not going to pull the wool over my eyes, sorry but I think the Mexicans Salvadorians , Guatamalins all do Crappy work, they are paid by amot of work they do not by the hour.. so putting up one house in less then 2 months is good quick Money for them , and ****tious house for you!

Last edited by AJ67; 01-30-2007 at 07:46 AM.. Reason: word mushed together

Old 01-30-2007, 08:22 AM

55 posts, read 194,700 times
Default Cheap labor thats all

Lets face it the only ones willing to work for 7 or 8 bucks an hour and the mexicans etc. Don't get lazy and wait until the house is finished because chances are the builder will fight you on fixing most things. Make sure your builder knows that you are coming to the sight daily. Trust me if he knows your breathing down his neck, his workers will know it too. So many people buy these beautiful new homes only to find out years later that they have serious problems. Good luck.

Old 01-30-2007, 08:43 AM

523 posts, read 2,829,772 times
We went to our home everynite after work to ck out the progress.
(however some builders now require the supv with you to go to site)
We signed contract 11-2000, 157000 2000sq ft,
January we kept waiting for precontruction meeting, we noticed the blueprinted showed trees pulled up. We told eng we definately dont want the trees removed , to flip the garage and driveway to save the trees. He said no problem.
1-2001 we drove out on sunday (no contruction meeting yet) trees were gone. I was really upset. we had paid 10 thousand extra for treed lot with big yard for pool. The supv ws nearby, he said they never sent the updated blueprint to him. He would see about getting me 2 palm trees planted. By Monday they had poured concrete with no preconstruction meeting, we process to ck our house out every day after work.
finally we had list of problems. we ask for owner to come out of company
they sent one of there inspectors, who made list. we had about 49 on list.
They assured us we would be happy.
Closing was to be April 4-2001, supv called us to say delayed 3 weeks,
June would be good day to close. Ok our lease is up June 1, so okay.
supv called us , still no problems fixed when will they make us happy?
I felt sorry for him, he called to say well we have a problem we built your home on easement we have get county to waive it so we can close, it will be at least Sept before meeting.
we were heartbroken. we backed out at that point, and go our money back,
they sold that home in December for 40.000 more than we were paying and never fixed the stuff. The sales person then told us you have contract with us and cant say anything negative about your houes until the contract is cancelled. You signed it .

Old 01-30-2007, 09:13 AM

523 posts, read 2,829,772 times
i just wanted to say I am done complaining. I had a wonderful experience with Bowen homes in 2005. I love Lakeland and my home.

Old 01-30-2007, 09:43 AM

55 posts, read 194,700 times
Default Now you see

Just think if you had not gone to your site daily. You may never have known the problems and could have gotten stuck. I'm glad you were able to back up and get your $ back.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:23 AM

442 posts, read 2,912,598 times
LoL @ TALLRICK!
that sounds like a good idea...LOl

Old 01-30-2007, 12:31 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,578,172 times
Default Accountability

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ67 View Post
BEN come on Be Realistic, Most builders will "fix" some stuff, but I know some of the Bowen Homes are Very Poor workmen ship and there excuse is " oh its just the home Setteling"?.. yeah not going to pull the wool over my eyes, sorry but I think the Mexicans Salvadorians , Guatamalins all do Crappy work, they are paid by amot of work they do not by the hour.. so putting up one house in less then 2 months is good quick Money for them , and ****tious house for you!
Yeah, but put the blame where it belongs: not on the poorly trained, inexperienced workers who put up crappy structures, but on the guy who hired them and took your money!

Old 01-30-2007, 02:34 PM

713 posts, read 2,669,562 times
Default We've built w/2 different builders and had great luck w/both

Levitt Homes and Holiday Builders were both great. Not perfect but much better than the horror builders that I've heard and read about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida