Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 09:23 AM

14,955 posts, read 9,790,824 times

Advertisements

Mercedes Homes files Chapter 11 - Jacksonville Business Journal:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 04:15 AM

807 posts, read 3,186,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plans Examiner View Post
My statements were drawn from 30+ years in and a lifetime around same. It was not just condemnation but rather an commentary on the state of the current construction industry. I know several very good to excellent trades from south of the border. Most are hard workers and diligent in what they do. But, they too will work to the lowest denominator if allowed!
In a nut shell, job quality is a share responsibility from start to finish by all involved!
Your comments are spot on. Add in the greed that requires the home to be thrown together as quickly as possible by superintendants who don't know what they're doing.
I saw a pool cabana built backwards at a townhouse community. I told the super as soon as it was being blocked up that it was facing the wrong way. He said I was nuts (maybe true)...gee...guess who was right, but he didn't admit it until it was done. Imagine what the framing in his townhouses looked like. And that was a nationally recognized builder.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,851 times
Default Mercedes trouble

How did you get out of the contract? We are having so many problems and its only been 22 days. Did you lose your earnest money? Please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridasunshine View Post
We got our money back after a miserable home was built. We raised so much stink they gave us it back right away. The model looked so good, but the actual home was awful, We had list 49 things wrong. THen we found out in our contract to build there was clause we could not tell anyone about anything we were unhappy with per the contract. We were lucky and were able to cancel our contract 9mos into the game. But we should of talked to the neighbors, signs up everywhere for sale first 3mos of living in the homes.
We had 2 different windows sizes in family room, The dry wall was awful. The side walk and cement work was bad. Even the supervisor said it was sad. He
promised to fix but he was gone before long.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:35 AM

986 posts, read 3,549,070 times
I assume you used a realtor. They should be assisting you and explaining to you what you need to do to voind the contract and get your earnest money back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexas View Post
How did you get out of the contract? We are having so many problems and its only been 22 days. Did you lose your earnest money? Please help!

Old 01-04-2012, 11:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,111 times
Default Mercedes Homes

ONe of the worst constructions I have ever seen. Unfortunately we live in a Mercedes Home and the constructionis so poor.The stucco is leaking - the home is barely 5 years old! We fixed the stucco but the water damage sustained to the balcony has been severe.Needless to say Mercedes Homes will not return my calls.The kitchen sink just fell off today and needs to be fixed. All in all a terrible terrible investment.I would caution anyone before purchasing a Mercedes Home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida