Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2007, 09:59 AM

41 posts, read 143,870 times

Advertisements

I too have a gripe about living in Florida.

When I lived in Ohio, friends and family would visit for a few hours, have a few beers and go home.

Now they visit for a week, sleep in my spare bedroom and drink all of my beer.

They sometimes complain about the heat and humidity, but they seem to show up again a year later.

I know this sounds like sour grapes, but did I mention that they drink all of my beer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2007, 10:09 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,325,994 times
Move into a smaller home and let everyone know you don't have a spare room. You also have to make it clear that you don't drink anymore so there's no beer at your house.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:22 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,724,506 times
That's too funny! It's nice to see someone post something funny once in a while instead of all the serious stuff. Thanks for the laugh.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:31 AM

1,398 posts, read 7,689,585 times
I prommise not to complain about the heat and humidity.

What kinda beer do you keep on hand ??

Old 01-26-2007, 10:44 AM

627 posts, read 2,841,747 times
Buy Neer-Beer for them!

Thanks for the grin!!!

Last edited by MyHomeIsInOcala; 01-26-2007 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: add...

Old 01-26-2007, 12:46 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,161,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdsimpson View Post
I too have a gripe about living in Florida.

When I lived in Ohio, friends and family would visit for a few hours, have a few beers and go home.

Now they visit for a week, sleep in my spare bedroom and drink all of my beer.

They sometimes complain about the heat and humidity, but they seem to show up again a year later.

I know this sounds like sour grapes, but did I mention that they drink all of my beer?
I know you are being funny but my comments are going to be a little serious because it reminds me of something. My father bought a 16 unit motel on Fort Lauderdale beach shortly after moving from New Jersey. It was no time before friends from back home would just show up. None of them expected to pay anything or would just make a token offer putting him in an awkward position. He finally just put his foot down and there were no more free-bes. Funny thing is, these so called friends stopped even sending Christmas cards.

In reality, you don't have as many friends as you may think when it comes right down to it, just people you know, work with or have something in common with, but not really friends. When My father had a heart attack we found out who our real friends really were and they came in some cases from some of the most unlikely places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida