Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 01:13 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,366,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by giddyup View Post
Thanks for your response, how can a seller force you to use their lender? (I understand how a builder could do that... but not any old seller)

Thank you.
No one can force anyone to do anything, seller's market or buyer's market. You also can't force a seller to pick up your closing costs. A seller has to pay his own selling costs and he has to pay closing costs as a buyer on the house he is moving to. Yes, if he really wants to sell, he can pick up your closing costs but if I were the seller I'd expect you to come to the sale prepared and to pick up your own closing costs. You should know what your closing costs will be, what your insurance will be, and what your property tax will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2007, 01:16 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,366,552 times
There's no advantage to you in asking a seller to pay your closing costs. It is better to just make a lower offer. The price you pay on your new home determines your property tax base. The county isn't going to subtract $6,000 from your purchase price to determine your property taxes.

Old 01-26-2007, 01:20 PM

18 posts, read 54,995 times
Default BEWARE of mortgage brokers charging YSP

In Florida there is a law that requires lenders/mortgage brokers to deliver a valid closing statemnt to both parties 48 hours prior to closing. I suggest you scrutinize it carefully and ask for an explanantion for any fee that you don't understand. Also, there is a sneaky trick that mortgage brokers use to get more money from buyers. It is call YSP or Yield Spread Premium. Just google those words and see what comes up. Once I knew about this I starting asking the brokers up front if they do this and let me tell you, they were not happy to be asked that question. I finally found a broker who pledged to charge only the upfront, fully disclosed orgination fee and no other YSP fees. I told her that if there was a YSP fee on the closing statement, I would not proceed with the purchase.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:51 PM

13 posts, read 71,001 times
I have always found it to be pretty common that the seller pays all closing costs. If you are a buyer that is paying your closing costs and yo uare not in a hot market like LA or NY then your realtor is not working well for you. You should be able to get the buyer to pay those costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida