Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Florida a good place to visit, but a bad place to live?
Yes! 296 52.02%
No. 273 47.98%
Voters: 569. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 10:33 AM

2,394 posts, read 5,000,289 times

Advertisements

Having been born in FL and lived there 99% of my life I think it's a bad place to live. I think really the only people who like it just don't know any better and haven't seen other places. Moved to Colorado about a year ago and it's really like 100 times better in pretty much every way (IMO of course).

Having grown up in Florida I know a lot of natives, and pretty much everyone I know wants out

Old 04-26-2011, 08:10 PM

769 posts, read 1,730,693 times
I have never lived anywhere else, but I do not feel at all unhappy here. In fact, I don't ever see myself living anywhere else. Florida is home, always will be.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:40 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,946,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
Having been born in FL and lived there 99% of my life I think it's a bad place to live. I think really the only people who like it just don't know any better and haven't seen other places. Moved to Colorado about a year ago and it's really like 100 times better in pretty much every way (IMO of course).
Right, cause that's the logical answer when most of our population comes from somewhere else.

Quote:
Having grown up in Florida I know a lot of natives, and pretty much everyone I know wants out
That must be why Florida is the 4th most populated state in the US. What's Colorado again... 22nd wow.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:30 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
I sure have seen some ridiculous comments in this long long thread. I just don't see why people complain, especially the transplants (of which I am one). If you don't like it here, pack your stuff and leave. Go someplace that meets your desires. If you're a transplant, you got here, it's just as easy to go elsewhere.

For those who are native to FL, born and raised here, I can understand your desire to go elsewhere to experience something different. To you folks I say go for it. Do not hesitate.

The biggest complaint I have seen on this thread is the weather. Anyone who came to FL not knowing that the summers are very hot and the winters quite mild must have been living in a bunker somewhere tuning out the rest of the world. I knew when I was 7 years old that the south is warmer than the north. What did everyone miss?

Nothing, I do mean nothing, would keep me in a place that I could not tolerate for one reason or another.

This state has always been a draw to outsiders due to the warm climate.

Over 18 million people can't be wrong.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:45 AM

179 posts, read 565,863 times
RAH,RAH!!!! You are so accurate.
As for TxRyan23, all I can say is I hope he is happy where he is now. We here are very accommodating in Fl, and I am very "PRO" this state.
You create your own happiness where ever you go. You have to find what you are looking for, and make the most with what you have to work with. If you approach this task with a negative attitude, you have already set yourself for failure .
I have lived in this state since 1964, and watched it grow steadily.
I must admit I would have liked a lot of things to maybe have stayed the way they were back then. But one thing inevitable, (no matter where you live) things will change, you can not stop, change.
Florida is very EASY to love, but there is really no in-between, (you love it here or Hate it), and I wish everyone that hates it, would do what TxRyan23 did.

OUR BORDERS, SWING BOTH WAYS!!!!!

Last edited by P Andrews; 04-27-2011 at 04:59 AM..

Old 04-27-2011, 05:09 AM

I could've not said this better!!!!!!!!!!

I said simular statements in the begining of this thread.....
Why stay where you are not happy, why spend your days complaining to everyone about how much you dis-like this place.
Unless you are physically locked up here as a guest of our state, YOU CAN LEAVE..... we will understand.
Our fine state will survive, and we are sure you will be much happier too

Old 04-27-2011, 05:42 AM

Kevin from Tampa, I'm WPB and

YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

There should be a large sign at the border, and everyone should have to go through their check list before they enter...
I hate when people come here and only point out the bad things....
There are so many great things about our state,
what about the other states???
Pacific States, Floods Mudslides Earthquakes Fires
Central US, Floods, Tornadoes
New England States, Floods, Blizzards, Nor-Easters
Central Northeast,Floods, Hurricanes
Our State, just has our little issues,that are always widely publicized
I mean if you want to get technical anywhere you go there will be some undesirable events.
So all I can say is like us or leave us, we will be here making news, attracting visitors and basting in the sun long after you leave!!!!

Old 04-27-2011, 08:03 AM

2,394 posts, read 5,000,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Right, cause that's the logical answer when most of our population comes from somewhere else.

That must be why Florida is the 4th most populated state in the US. What's Colorado again... 22nd wow.
Number of people isn't exactly a defense, there is over 1 billion people in China and it's not exactly paradise.

Everyone I know in FL that wants to leave are stuck in their houses with FL's wonderful real estate.

Either way, 51% of people on this post did vote that it was a nice place to visit but terrible place to live.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:13 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,303,620 times
Quote:
Either way, 51% of people on this post did vote that it was a nice place to visit but terrible place to live.
And internet polls are legitimate data sources...

Old 04-27-2011, 08:23 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
How many people do you actually know that want to leave FL?

Nobody is stuck anywhere. Homes sell everyday. What their problem may be is they want prices that are not in line with the current market prices.
People in China don't have much choice. People in the U.S. have nothing blocking them from relocating. Over 1 million new Floridians in 5 years.
Yep, a terrible place to live indeed.

Quote:
Number of people isn't exactly a defense, there is over 1 billion people in China and it's not exactly paradise.

Everyone I know in FL that wants to leave are stuck in their houses with FL's wonderful real estate.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida