U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Seeking balanced information on Florida, disregarding negative commentary and complaining about state, appreciate real opinions not complaining, not interested in skewed chamber of commerce information

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 07:30 AM

177 posts, read 620,652 times

Advertisements

I have been posting on message boards for a long time. (My first computer was a Commodore 64.) In my experience, the majority of posters on most threads are the one's who are unhappy with the subject whatever it is. These forums give them an opportunity to vent and rail against the subject. Those who post on message boards usually make up an extremely small percentage of the residents of an area or of those affected by the subject.
People who are happy with their situation or don't have an ax to grind, in general, don't really see the need to post their feelings on a public message board
My suggestion to those who are looking to move to Florida or to move out of Florida is to read these posts, decide whether you think that they apply to you, file away the information and do as much research as you can before you make a decision.
For those thinking of a move to Florida, you probably know people who have relocated to Florida. Contact them or their families and see how they like it. Ask them about the heat, humidity and what they like or dislike about the area of Florida where they live. You will then get an opinion from someone you know and who knows a little about you.
Then take all of this information, put it into the mix and make your decision. Only you know what you are looking for and what you expect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2007, 07:43 AM

13,374 posts, read 40,153,042 times
A grateful Thank You to whoever took out the off topic posts and returned this thread to the Florida forum, with it's proper title. I really appreciate it.

Old 02-04-2007, 07:48 AM

13,495 posts, read 33,426,829 times
Cil, I'm sorry. It was me who originally messed this up while moving it. I'm still learning.

Old 02-04-2007, 08:08 AM

13,374 posts, read 40,153,042 times
That's okay Jammie.
I moderate another board and understand that it can get tricky.
And it's not that I want to dwell on this subject and continue the handwringing.
But you could probably imagine my frustration at seeing that illegal immigration thread with my username on it.

Old 02-04-2007, 08:45 AM

7,281 posts, read 18,703,493 times
Happy to help here Cil. Give Jammie some time, she is doing great and the help is appreciated as you are correct. There are A LOT of negative posts/threads in the Fl forum. But then again as I lived in S.E. Fl for 11 years, and my children are 5th generation native Floridians, I understand some peoples frustration with the state. What I don't understand (from a moderators perspective) is why some folks feel the need to repeat the same information over and over in every thread. And why it is so hard to stay on topic with a thread or start a new one???? Why is "agree to disagree" such a hard concept?
Sounds easy enough eh? hahahahahha
I am glad you started this thread too, I hope others reading it might see that this is a state forum, not a chat room or a Blog space. And that yes, there are rules and it is moderated.
And as far as the immigration issue goes, there is a General US Forum with a politics sub forum, THAT is where that topic belongs, that is why those posts were moved there. So again, I hope everyone reads your thread and this statement and thank you.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:30 PM

13 posts, read 72,507 times
Hey all. Just read up on comments. It is not my intent to be a liar or make up any facts and I would hope that none of my comments are viewed that way. There are issues in any state. I would also state though that my comments are not centralized to my city though as some mentioned that people are stating what it is like (viewpoint) from one city, etc. So many eastern US people think that Florida is the best place to live. I know when I have spoken to sales people in Chicago or New York somehow the conversation always gets to "Florida huh, wish I was there" --you know what I mean. BUT there are some things people do not know about that may seem NEGATIVE that are facts about the state and this forum is a great place to voice those ideas as long as they are genuine and of value to others. I think that Florida is viewed very positively by most people as a desired state to live in. Those that actually do live here also have the inside scoop. I enjoy reading the comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida