U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-17-2008, 04:12 PM

8,904 posts, read 6,791,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
Does that apartment in Queens have a swimming pool and a parking place? How many square feet is it? Does each each get it's own washer & dryer?
Oh, I forgot, you don't need a car there. But needs one when it's so easy to walk five blocks carrying big grocery bags from some dirty bodega?

Well, you know it's actually different when you're living in NYC and go to Brokers to find apartments. I live in a real safe area in Astoria (one of the most popular areas in all of the city), not in a basement, and it's quiet. I just got a really good deal. It's a 15 minute subway to Manhattan from my apartment.

hey, it definitely beats living in a van

Old 09-17-2008, 04:19 PM

3,543 posts, read 5,731,886 times
I got back to Cape death heat(Cape Coral) from St pete at 2 this afternoon and WHAT A DIFFERENCE. The humidity and heat are VERY different. I forgot it was like that since I have been here for a few years. I knew it was a bit cooler the more north you go here. SWFL is rediculous... I liked Melbourne/Palm Bay, there was a stron seabreeze there, and Vero Beach too.

Yep, not all Florida weather areas are created equal.

Stopped at the Cracker Barrel in Bradenton too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Exactly - the temps are NOT the same all over Florida. Even within a city they can differ. For instance, Lakeland was really HOT in the middle of the day, but the morning felt kind of cool, and so did the evening, and humidity dropped. In Sarasota we are close to the bay and there is ALWAYS a cool bay breeze blowing even on the hottest day - however; inland it can be as hot as it gets. Honestly, I totally understand why you and a few others hate the weather way down south, I would too. I know it never cools off that far south and the humidity is off the charts. I personally don't like the weather in Florida much past Sarasota due to extremely high heat and humidity, and even then must be close to the water to feel OK.

While Lakeland and Orlando being inland can get hot in summer, it cools off much sooner in the fall and lasts longer. Also, while I can't speak for Orlando since I live in Lakeland, we live in town which is very, very shady and hilly with several lakes around, which give off nice breezes and moderate the temps. So, bottom line, temps can vary quite a bit in this state, but more than the actual temps is how comfortable one feels depending on shade or breezes. Those who love to be really hot and never experience anything much below 70 will love south Florida, while those of us who like at least a little bit of change would do better to live central and up north further. Something for everyone!

Old 09-17-2008, 04:22 PM

1,505 posts, read 2,080,292 times
Was anyone wearing gang colors there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoMA4good View Post

Stopped at the Cracker Barrel in Bradenton too!!!

Old 09-17-2008, 04:24 PM

5,973 posts, read 3,680,404 times
Quote:
Where you there in your van?

Old 09-17-2008, 04:27 PM

yeah, I was there--trying to get away from you. I guess it didn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Where you there in your van?

Old 09-17-2008, 04:27 PM

3,543 posts, read 5,731,886 times
What are you talking about now???? Do you ever quit? I'm reporting you for all this, tired of your snyde, rude comments.

Bradenton happens to be a nice place, I lived there for a while, and had no problems...

Quote:

Old 09-17-2008, 04:28 PM

it was a joke, becuase DJ claimed it was gang infested. Why is everyone so serious and ready to blow on here?

Quote:
What are you talking about now???? Do you ever quit? I'm reporting you for all this, tired of your snyde, rude comments.

Bradenton happens to be a nice place, I lived there for a while, and had no problems...

Old 09-17-2008, 04:29 PM

5,973 posts, read 3,680,404 times
Quote:

This guy is out of control, has all these sreen names just so he can start trouble. He needs to get a job and a home, and better yet a life!!!

Old 09-17-2008, 04:30 PM

5,643 posts, read 4,242,053 times
Swimming pool? ROFL. In NYC? Well, my daughter, Rachael, HAD a swimming pool on LI where she grew up. She and her sister, NEVER WENT IN IT, and neither did we. We shut it down when she was about 10. No point in spending all that money maintaining a pool that was just for decoration purposes. Rachael and her sister were too busy playing sports year round to want or have the time for pools, or beaches.

Incidentially, she not only played college hockey, but she as a teenager she played with a now NHL player (on a boys team) and an Olympic team women's hockey player, besides players from all around the the country and Canada.

Pools? Beaches? Oh, yes. She was very deprived missing out on all that.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:33 PM

I was just making the point that you get no amenities or space with an apartment up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Swimming pool? ROFL. In NYC? Well, my daughter, Rachael, HAD a swimming pool on LI where she grew up. She and her sister, NEVER WENT IN IT, and neither did we. We shut it down when she was about 10. No point in spending all that money maintaining a pool that was just for decoration purposes. Rachael and her sister were too busy playing sports year round to want or have the time for pools, or beaches.

Incidentially, she not only played college hockey, but she as a teenager she played with a now NHL player (on a boys team) and an Olympic team women's hockey player, besides players from all around the the country and Canada.

Pools? Beaches? Oh, yes. She was very deprived missing out on all that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida