U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 01:50 PM

55 posts, read 177,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
The answer to this question is so simple...

R = Cost to replace furniture
M = Cost to move furniture

If R > M, then bring your furniture

If M > R, then buy new furniture

Unless your furniture has some sentimental value, it really is that simple.
I'm factoring in the sore mucles too. I'd rather carry a suitcase than a couch!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2007, 01:54 PM

10 posts, read 37,291 times
What we did for each family member that moved at vaious times from the NE to Florida was purchase a Box Truck and sold it for a profit once we unpacked it. There is always someone coming and someone leaving! Worked 3x for us!

Old 05-12-2008, 08:34 PM

86 posts, read 310,721 times
For ottomobeale,
You wrote: "What the others said. Figure what you can fit in 1 truck and fill it. Sell the rest."

I totally agree. However, here is my problem. I welcome any and all suggestions, pleeeeeeze.

I am having trouble selling things. I've put things on craigslist. I've used yahoo groups. People are just too squirrelly. They rarely show up after they have begged for me to hold something until they get here. If I could have a yard sale, that would help a lot. Problem is, I am 67 years old, not very strong (108 lbs.) and since my husband died I have absolutely no help at all. Nobody wants to help organize and have a yard sale. I know it is taking a chance to have strangers help do these things, but I can't even find anyone to PAY to help me.

Has anyone else been in this situation? I am seriously wanting to downsize, but a lot of my things are too good to just give away. Estate sale people tell me I don't have enough things for them to bother with. Same with the auction people. They all want to include my house, which is under contract with a realtor. No house, no deal, they tell me.

I need to sell furniture, etc., so I can get out of Missouri and into a warmer climate.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or