Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2008, 03:46 PM

1,555 posts, read 4,149,130 times

Advertisements

I drove from Sarasota to West Palm Beach a couple weeks ago, using 80 for the trek east across the state, and driving most of it at night. The bugs were heavy, so when we got to Clewiston, I stopped to clean off the windscreen. When I got out of the car, I noticed a fairly strong fishy smell. I figured it must have been drifting over from the lake . . . it seemed odd to me, as I didn't remember Clewiston ever smelling like fish before, but then again, it's not like I've ever spent much time hanging out in Clewiston.

Anyway, the next morning, I went out to the car and noticed that it was caked with bug gunk and it stunk to high heaven--it had that kind of fishy smell. So I guess it was the smushed bugs on my car stinking in Clewiston, too. I washed them off--actually had to use steel wool on the windscreen--but couldn't identify the bugs--it was mostly just smushy stuff. I know quite a few of them were pretty big, as it occasionally sounded like birds hitting the windscreen when I was driving, lol. Anyone know what they were?

By the way, I was awfully happy I didn't decide to take my motorcycle on the trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida