Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 05:17 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,938,238 times

Advertisements

Well you met someone who loves it. Certain areas that is like treasure Island.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 05:24 PM

710 posts, read 2,225,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
I don't know anyone in between, not blogger either
Yes you do... ME!!! Nice to meet you.

If you ask them, most of the posters in the Miami forum are somewhere in between too:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/miami...ppy-miami.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Sorry, I have not personally met anyone in between who is actually living here and is a transplant.
That seems very odd, but like I said -- we don't have to agree.

Last edited by planetsurf; 09-19-2008 at 05:41 PM..

Old 09-20-2008, 07:49 AM

159 posts, read 454,337 times
I was born in Tampa and moved to Ft. Lauderdale when I was 9 years old, and then moved to Atlanta when I was 14. I had a wonderful childhood in Florida and loved it. I still love Florida. It is my home and it's a beautiful and wonderful state. I moved down there four years ago (Tampa), came back, moved back, (Ft. Lauderdale) but found it was a very difficult state to live in. I wanted to stay, but no jobs, low pay, crime, and the people are not friendly, I am a very friendly person and talk to everyone, but did not make a single friend down there. The people in Atlanta are friendly and wonderful, and the traffice is not that bad. Atlanta is a good town in live in and be happy. I love to visit Florida but would not move back down there. I visit friends and always enjoy being there. I would not live in Florida with children, too many negatives.

Old 09-20-2008, 08:01 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,594,961 times
Default That is why the man we know from Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia1113 View Post
I was born in Tampa and moved to Ft. Lauderdale when I was 9 years old, and then moved to Atlanta when I was 14. I had a wonderful childhood in Florida and loved it. I still love Florida. It is my home and it's a beautiful and wonderful state. I moved down there four years ago (Tampa), came back, moved back, (Ft. Lauderdale) but found it was a very difficult state to live in. I wanted to stay, but no jobs, low pay, crime, and the people are not friendly, I am a very friendly person and talk to everyone, but did not make a single friend down there. The people in Atlanta are friendly and wonderful, and the traffice is not that bad. Atlanta is a good town in live in and be happy. I love to visit Florida but would not move back down there. I visit friends and always enjoy being there. I would not live in Florida with children, too many negatives.
is leaving Florida when he gets married. Both he and his wife have said they don't want to raise children in Florida. Too many negatives they have said too. They haven't made the decision where yet. It will either be Michigan where he is from or Pa. where her family is.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:58 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,723,341 times

Old 09-21-2008, 07:05 AM

159 posts, read 454,337 times
Beautiful picture. Makes me want to go up there.

Old 09-21-2008, 07:58 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,817,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrine View Post
The reality is, my life could be a hundred times worse and I know that. I think about that every day. I know that, and I make the best of the life I have, thanking God for and finding joy in even the smallest things.

I do this while I suffer. Saying this, in my opinion, is not so much complaining as it is being honest. Even prisoners make the best of their surroundings, but no matter how many songs they sing to themselves, they do not find it wonderful!

Being chained to a palm tree in a hot and humid dungeon, with pictures of bad memories hanging all over the walls, new ones added with each passing year, is not wonderful!
Again, another spoiled Floridian who does not appreciate what they have. Palm trees and beautiful beaches. Try living other places and you will find something wrong there too. Its a given.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:14 PM

72 posts, read 161,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
Again, another spoiled Floridian who does not appreciate what they have. Palm trees and beautiful beaches. Try living other places and you will find something wrong there too. Its a given.
Do you bother to read through these threads carefully before you post? What I don't appreciate is your unfair judgment.

I don't know why I'm bothering to reply to your post, but the Almighty Palm Trees and Sacred Beaches aren't enough reasons for me to want to stay here (since, as I said, I am not from here, which means I have lived in other places). I have a lot of reasons for wanting to leave, some that have nothing to do with the state.

Please don't call me a Floridian again.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:19 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,369,037 times
Quote:
Not every place is perfect for everyone. Just because someone may not be happy living in Florida doesn't mean they don't appreciate where they live. I am sure the poster is appreciative of living in Florida to some degree.

Also, not everyone loves Florida. I have a friend who lives in Minnesota and would never, never move Florida, she feels sorry for Floridians that we don't experience the wonderful thing called "Seasons" and we can't do any fun winter sports. Another friend came to visit from Cali and couldn't stop complaining about our humidity, "how can you live with all this humidity, its like a wall when you walk outside." Florida isn't for everyone.

There are plenty of places in this beautiful country that have great weather depending on what one likes. Its a good thing that we all don't like the same places, otherwise those states would be overpopulated.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:31 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,594,961 times
Default She came here as a kid

Quote:
She was not born here, so she apparently she has her memories of someplace else. My husband's boss came to Florida as a teenager in 1982. He still calls himself a New Yorker. He is from upstate around the Catskill area and always talks about his beautiful mountains. He is the only one of his siblings who has not moved back. He stayed because of his Dad. The man has said when his Dad passes, he will go back. His wife is from Philly and also came here as a teenager. She constantly says she hates it. ALL her family, including her parents, left many years ago.

I work with an 8 year boy from Michigan who came here 3 years ago. He constantly says how much he misses Michigan and playing in the fall leaves and sledding in the snow. He doesn't go to the beach. "I don't like the beach", he always says.

Are all these people "ungrateful Floridians"? They are all from someplace else and miss where they are from.

I am not a Floridian and never will be, no matter how long I have to stay here. I am a temporary resident, that's it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida