Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2008, 01:58 AM

2 posts, read 4,568 times

Advertisements

Hi, We're relocating to Florida we are in need of some housing, an apartment to be exact. Either Jacksonville or Gainsville. We are not rich so need something very resonable. There is myself , my husband and 13 yr. son. We need to find one ASAP in order to claim my job offered to me. We need only 2 br. or 1 (around 400 month) if we have to for now until we get finaces under control. Due to the recent Hurricanes here in Mississippi were I live there is nothing left no jobs no housing so, we are relocating. I love the Jacksonville area. I was offered a job at a nursing home if I could move there. So, we need housing now. Please e-mail with any information you can give to me..thanks carol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 03:12 AM

1,555 posts, read 4,148,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbitcraze View Post
Hi, We're relocating to Florida we are in need of some housing, an apartment to be exact. Either Jacksonville or Gainsville. We are not rich so need something very resonable. There is myself , my husband and 13 yr. son. We need to find one ASAP in order to claim my job offered to me. We need only 2 br. or 1 (around 400 month) if we have to for now until we get finaces under control. Due to the recent Hurricanes here in Mississippi were I live there is nothing left no jobs no housing so, we are relocating. I love the Jacksonville area. I was offered a job at a nursing home if I could move there. So, we need housing now. Please e-mail with any information you can give to me..thanks carol
Search engines are your friends. There are a number of good sites to look on. You'll find them with a search engine.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:38 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,698,888 times
Well, you're best bet is take the job in Jax. Gainesville is a college town and jobs there are scarce. Rent may be cheap, but I am sure you can find something just as cheap in the Jax. area, just on the outskirts.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:43 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,055,357 times
craigslist!

Old 09-22-2008, 05:41 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,836,214 times
I'm not sure if $400 is realistic- but if you're working in Jacksonville, check out the surrounding areas as well- Clay & Nassau Counties. Maybe Green Cove Springs- a bit of a ride but will likely be less expensive living.

Best of luck to you. I hope it all works out.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:18 PM

2 posts, read 4,001 times
Smile ????

That is exactly what I am wondering also....I am a cosmetologist and we are moving from Indiana to Jacksonville Florida next week......I have to get there find a job and a home......so hopefully there are alot of people that need hair cuts etc......Please email me if anyone can give me any advice on jobs and good places to live. We are 31 & 32 and we have two children.....Thanks to all!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida