U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 11:56 AM

90 posts, read 174,693 times

Advertisements

i was at publix today, and this guy in line got like 3 different types of sodas. well, the cashier, an older nice guy was telling the guy that he needed to ring up each soda because they were different flavors (he got three or four 2-liters). well the customer wanted the cashier to ring up all of the 2-liters together, as if they were all the same exact brand. anyways, the customer had a fit and was breathing heavy and all pissed off and trying to argue because the cashier was doing what he was supposed to be doing. now as he is leaving, he yells, "i just wanna watch the damn giants game!" (the ny giants i guess were playing at 1 pm.) stuff like this ticks me off, so when i was ready to check out, i made sure everything went smoothly and told him "thank you" and so forth, hoping he'd forget about the guy before me.

the customer wasnt even in a hurry, i saw him walking to his car slowly, starring at his receipt after he exited the store. he spent so much time arguing, he could have been done already!

why cant people in fla just take things a little easier, and not be so rude all the time. it has changed drastically in this state over the yrs, sad to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 12:15 PM

1,380 posts, read 5,235,467 times
I've always believed that life can be hard enough without someone making it harder by being a jerk. We all have bad days no need to spread the misery around.

The problem with rude people is not isolated to FL, but it would be nice if Floridians could start to change the trend.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:16 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,651,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroQuest View Post
i was at publix today, and this guy in line got like 3 different types of sodas. well, the cashier, an older nice guy was telling the guy that he needed to ring up each soda because they were different flavors (he got three or four 2-liters). well the customer wanted the cashier to ring up all of the 2-liters together, as if they were all the same exact brand. anyways, the customer had a fit and was breathing heavy and all pissed off and trying to argue because the cashier was doing what he was supposed to be doing. now as he is leaving, he yells, "i just wanna watch the damn giants game!" (the ny giants i guess were playing at 1 pm.) stuff like this ticks me off, so when i was ready to check out, i made sure everything went smoothly and told him "thank you" and so forth, hoping he'd forget about the guy before me.

the customer wasnt even in a hurry, i saw him walking to his car slowly, starring at his receipt after he exited the store. he spent so much time arguing, he could have been done already!

why cant people in fla just take things a little easier, and not be so rude all the time. it has changed drastically in this state over the yrs, sad to say.
People like this are basically unhappy and miserable as a rule. They behave this way everywhere they go. They want to take everyone down with them. I work retail and let me tell you, you don't forget these kind of jerks. It's them you remember most. I try to make it my business when I get someone who has an issue that is nice about it, I will go as far out of my way for them as I can to make them happy. Jerks like this guy, make me want to find out where they work, just so I can go there and ruin their day! When I am behind someone like this in a store, I always say something to let them know their behavior is not acceptable. It pisses me off too!

Last edited by Kim918; 09-21-2008 at 12:41 PM..

Old 09-21-2008, 12:32 PM

oh believe me, i wanted to say something. it was so clear where the guy was from (strong accent), i would have had to say something in regards to that and would have loved to tell him to go back there if this is how he is going to act, but i let it slide.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:33 PM

1,802 posts, read 7,281,595 times
Just curious...why is it that you believe that this type of behavior is unique to Florida? I run across people like this all the time no matter where I am.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetvj View Post
Just curious...why is it that you believe that this type of behavior is unique to Florida? I run across people like this all the time no matter where I am.
It's not unique to FL, but very prevalent in FL. Especially South Florida.

To the OP, I am orignally from NY and would never treat anyone like that. I know you see that a lot of times it's a NYer giving people a hard time, but please don't paint us all with the same broad brush. We are not all like that.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:39 PM

unique to florida? i wouldnt say that. but we have a large share of unhappy people (for whatever reason). i come across more rude people here in orlando than i did in nc in one yrs time, no kidding.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim918 View Post
It's not unique to FL, but very prevalent in FL. Especially South Florida.

To the OP, I am orignally from NY and would never treat anyone like that. I know you see that a lot of times it's a NYer giving people a hard time but please don't paint us all with the same broad brush. We are not all like that.

no, of course i know all people from certain areas are not like that, i am sure your a very nice person, kim918. it just so happens, that down here in fla, we see a lot of it, and it can be difficult not to hold a grudge at times against people from certain areas.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:41 PM

55,589 posts, read 74,481,084 times
the assumption is that everybody that goes in a store and watches sports is sane, not so.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroQuest View Post
no, of course i know all people from certain areas are not like that, i am sure your a very nice person, kim918. it just so happens, that down here in fla, we see a lot of it, and it can be difficult not to hold a grudge at times against people from certain areas.
Trust me, I know this. I lived there for 30 years. I only moved away last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or