U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 08:16 AM

1,505 posts, read 2,813,172 times

Advertisements

congratulations on a safe return. That was me shadowing in the van behind you up until the Georgia state line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoMA4good View Post
Guess who is back home up in Massachusetts???? Yes we made it fine. Nice and easy drive, no problems. Colors are flowing in the trees. It's 52 degrees andpartly sunny. this feels so great!!!

Old 10-02-2008, 09:05 AM

1,555 posts, read 3,719,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
I am and have always been a history buff. I spent over 30 years doing genealogy. It is all connected . . .
It's far better for you to just say that you don't like Florida. That's fine. You don't have to like Florida. But the majority of the "logical" argument you're attempting to make doesn't work.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:13 AM

6,102 posts, read 13,105,215 times
Quote:
Guess who is back home up in Massachusetts???? Yes we made it fine. Nice and easy drive, no problems. Colors are flowing in the trees. It's 52 degrees andpartly sunny. this feels so great!!!
Hey, Glad you made it back safely to the place you love!
I was thinking of you too, her it was 51 degrees when I left this morning for work. The trees are just starting to change color here in MD right now. In a couple weeks they will be in their full glory! It is a brisk sunny day! Even though it is cool, I don't begin wearing a jacket or anything till it gets down in the mid 40s.

Along with your fishcakes, you need to start a warm fire, make some tea, pull up the blanket, and wiggle your toes near the fire. - Isn't that pretty close to the paradise you're looking for?

Old 10-02-2008, 10:43 AM

159 posts, read 409,307 times
Back to MA. Congratulations on going home at last! This is your happiness and you are very lucky. I love the change of seasons here in Georgia and we are having a little coolness but not much. Bet you can't wait for snow!!

Old 10-02-2008, 02:24 PM

8,900 posts, read 13,246,890 times
There's just a minuscule change in the leaves changing here in NYC. The smaller trees are starting to change, and it's getting a little spotty on the big oak trees, but nothing that big. But, this week it's supposed to get a lot cooler, so by the time my mom comes to visit, she'll see some leaves changing :-) Also, there's probably a lot more trees changing out east on Long Island where we're going.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:27 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,974,390 times
Default You will be a perfect fit for Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten_Udder View Post
It's far better for you to just say that you don't like Florida. That's fine. You don't have to like Florida. But the majority of the "logical" argument you're attempting to make doesn't work.
I got a full weekend planned here in Florida, going mountain climbing. Might do some winesap apple picking before then. Maybe I will stop for a good old fashioned egg cream on the way. Only a few more weeks and I will be sledding down that same mountain.

Maybe I will even be able to fit in a historical walking tour of Naples if I push it. Wonder if they have any haunted house sightenings planned for Halloween? I will have to check that out too. No time to travel up to Orlando for the biggie Halloween Bloody Mary Night.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:31 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,974,390 times
Default Congratulations

Quote:
Enjoy the wonder Fall weather and everything associated with it. My daughter on LI tells me it has been very hot (70s) there lately and because of that very of the trees have changed. Booooooo. Hoping for some nice COOL weather next week when I go up.

I want to wear JEANS and SWEATSHIRTS. No, no, no SHORTS.

Have fun. We will all be thinking of you and very envious.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:00 PM

3,633 posts, read 8,537,320 times
Thanks! Just making sure I was safe on my way up right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
congratulations on a safe return. That was me shadowing in the van behind you up until the Georgia state line.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:03 PM

3,633 posts, read 8,537,320 times
As I drove through Connecticut the lower half had very few trees changing, but from Hartford on up, they were pooping here and there. When I hit the MA line in Enfield they got more and more colorful as I went north then west. Trees are colorful all over out here. It's 50 and mostly sunny, really nice crisp air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
There's just a minuscule change in the leaves changing here in NYC. The smaller trees are starting to change, and it's getting a little spotty on the big oak trees, but nothing that big. But, this week it's supposed to get a lot cooler, so by the time my mom comes to visit, she'll see some leaves changing :-) Also, there's probably a lot more trees changing out east on Long Island where we're going.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:09 PM

1,505 posts, read 2,813,172 times
People have been known to get flat tires.

Quote:
Thanks! Just making sure I was safe on my way up right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or