U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2008, 01:47 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,944,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
That poster was giving you factual information. Long, thoughtful replies. I don't see that as a valid reason for putting someone on ignore, unless...

"you can't handle the the truth!"
was the last straw. You people are pushing to get this thread closed because you cannot stand the fact that everybody doesn't LOVE your "wonderful" state.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:52 PM

8,900 posts, read 13,198,151 times
I never ever see NYers who act like a lot of the people do on this board.

I think it might be better to just ignore them and not respond to them anymore.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:57 PM

1,505 posts, read 2,808,635 times
Everything in the world doesn't revolve around NY'ers.
Especially now, with the economic crisis.
Nobody will be able to afford those teeny apartments for $1500/mo. & up anymore.
Everything's on an express elevator down the toilet there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I never ever see NYers who act like a lot of the people do on this board.

I think it might be better to just ignore them and not respond to them anymore.

Old 10-04-2008, 02:05 PM

Default When you have two very young NYC teachers

Quote:
Everything in the world doesn't revolve around NY'ers.
Especially now, with the economic crisis.
Nobody will be able to afford those teeny apartments for $1500/mo. & up anymore.
Everything's on an express elevator down the toilet there.
making $110,000 together, yes, they can afford $1500 a month, unlike teachers in FLORIDUH.

No, my sinking house on the golf course in Naples ain't worth $450,000 EITHER, in comparison to what I had on Long Island. Oh, I forgot. I am paying for the priviledge of living in blazing SUMMER sunshine 12 months out of the damned year.

Hell, I would rather be in INDIANA, not just New York.

Old 10-04-2008, 02:05 PM

72 posts, read 143,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenng104 View Post
I just want to agree with some others. For those of us who have moved here from COMPLETELY different climates, lifestyles, and surroundings...this is like a whole new world. Depending on your situation, you either embrace this whole new world and make it your own, or you just cannot seem to "fit in " or enjoy it. That would be me. I feel that there is a completely different mindset, way of life and living, that may or may not have a lot to do with the climate, diversity, traditions, etc...I don't know. But coming from the northeast ( New Jersey) to Florida, there is a definate LACK of tradition and culture. I moved here at 32 years old and will leave at 38 years old without one bit of sadness. I do have some nice memories and people that I have met, but visiting here or even thinking about here will be the last thing on my mind for a long, long time. I have family here, and I have already told them NOT to expect me to visit for a long while...please come visit me! I have had enough of Florida and I am so ready to GO HOME in 8 months.
You and I think alike. I am quoting you again because you really summed up my own thoughts when you talk about Florida's COMPLETELY different lifestyles, climates, surroundings, mindsets, traditions, and ways of life and living. These are the things in your post that I identify with the most. Coming from the Chicago area, the culture is radically different.

As for Florida's history or lack thereof, I couldn't care less. There are few things that would give me a more severe nausea. When it comes to Florida, the only thing I am interested in is its demise. Living here is like living with two hands wrapped around my neck in a permanent stranglehold.

Old 10-04-2008, 02:07 PM

And how soon will they end up killing each other sharing that studio apartment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
making $110,000 together, yes, they can afford $1500 a month, unlike teachers in FLORIDUH.

Old 10-04-2008, 02:09 PM

Default Listen to these other posts

Quote:
That poster was giving you factual information. Long, thoughtful replies. I don't see that as a valid reason for putting someone on ignore, unless...

"you can't handle the the truth!"
They aren't New Yorkers either. They are basically saying what I am saying.

Good bye.

Old 10-04-2008, 02:15 PM

8,900 posts, read 13,198,151 times
Quote:
And how soon will they end up killing each other sharing that studio apartment?

Actually, we're better off than a lot of people. Not all people in NY are facing bad times. We're looking to buy a house when people are getting laid off.

Old 10-04-2008, 02:15 PM

I don't even understand what you mean. His whole post was about Florida (which is also the topic of this thread).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
They aren't New Yorkers either. They are basically saying what I am saying.

Good bye.

Old 10-04-2008, 02:18 PM

Default The topic is about why you are UNHAPPY in Florida

Quote:
I don't even understand what you mean. His whole post was about Florida (which is also the topic of this thread).
Not just being in Florida. If you are not UNHAPPY in Florida, why post here? You are NOT going to change anybody's mind and make them love Florida. Get it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or