U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 07:40 AM

1,781 posts, read 6,351,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoMA4good View Post
Nah, I will be here. BUT a different frame of mind. I will post in Florida, but not the bad stuff I promise Sunrico90. I do say good things too. There will be a few things I will miss...

If your going to pittsfield you won`t travel thru RI will you?

Old 09-27-2008, 08:47 AM

1,555 posts, read 3,721,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrine View Post
Moved here when I was the age he is now. I cried for days and days, both before and after the move.
I was a bit younger (not too much younger), moved to West Palm Beach from Cleveland, Ohio, but I couldn't have been more excited about it . . . maybe it had something to do with visiting Florida on vacation a number of times before that, but I saw it as an exciting new adventure . . . and one where you got to be very close to Disney, Miami, etc. [City-Data needs a shrug icon]. It's not that I dislike Cleveland--heck, I wouldn't mind living there again, either, but I usually enjoy wherever I'm at and I love traveling, going to different places, etc.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
They added two lanes in each direction on the LIE, much, much farther mileage than anything here. It took maybe two years?
Maybe a particular section was done in two years, but there has been construction on the LIE in and near New York City since I moved here in 1995. There still is. I've never been on it when there wasn't construction on it. Also, the World Trade Center site is still basically a hole in the ground. The original target date to finish the new building was 2010. There's no possible way it's going to be done in 2010 (well, and they realized that--the banners proclaiming 2010 were changed to 2011, and now you just don't see them anywhere). At the rate they're going, I wouldn't be surprised if it's still not done in 2021, for the 20th anniversary.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:57 AM

5,642 posts, read 7,982,570 times
Default They couldn't agree on what they were

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten_Udder View Post
Maybe a particular section was done in two years, but there has been construction on the LIE in and near New York City since I moved here in 1995. There still is. I've never been on it when there wasn't construction on it. Also, the World Trade Center site is still basically a hole in the ground. The original target date to finish the new building was 2010. There's no possible way it's going to be done in 2010 (well, and they realized that--the banners proclaiming 2010 were changed to 2011, and now you just don't see them anywhere). At the rate they're going, I wouldn't be surprised if it's still not done in 2021, for the 20th anniversary.
going to do.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
going to do.
There have been construction workers there around the clock. So no, that's not the hold-up (although, yes, it was, prior to a couple years ago--but once that controversy had passed, the banners proclaiming "2010" went up). I don't know what they're doing. The workers are there all the time, but it's still just basically just a hole in the ground--you can still see to the bottom, although there are a couple walls and pipes up.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:05 AM

Default My Mom wanted to move to Indiana

Quote:
I was a bit younger (not too much younger), moved to West Palm Beach from Cleveland, Ohio, but I couldn't have been more excited about it . . . maybe it had something to do with visiting Florida on vacation a number of times before that, but I saw it as an exciting new adventure . . . and one where you got to be very close to Disney, Miami, etc. [City-Data needs a shrug icon]. It's not that I dislike Cleveland--heck, I wouldn't mind living there again, either, but I usually enjoy wherever I'm at and I love traveling, going to different places, etc.
when I was about 10. Her brother lived there and we used to spend our summers there from when I was about 2 years old. I did not want to move there, even though I had been there many times for months on end. I did not want to leave NY, even at 10 years old. Fortunately for me, my Dad felt the same way. Mom was outnumbered. Yet as I have said before, I would now pick Indiana over Florida, other than still too far away from my kids.

I have traveled around the country and around the world. As much as I liked the traveling, it was always so good to come home. The only place I have ever said I might have liked to live was in Ireland. Besides being an entire country away from my kids, I don't know if I would really want to leave the USA permanently.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:26 AM

3,633 posts, read 8,543,090 times
Nope, I will be going up through 91, right through the center of CT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
If your going to pittsfield you won`t travel thru RI will you?

Old 09-27-2008, 03:45 PM

72 posts, read 144,328 times
Quote:
for the position of top malcontent on this board. However, even though you have lived here so much longer than me, I still think I got you beat for the top spot.

Everyone, meet my hero.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:52 PM

72 posts, read 144,328 times
Quote:
Well, it's great that you felt that way. That's how I feel when I travel, and how I feel when I think of moving away from Florida. I have no attachments to this state at all.

Old 09-27-2008, 05:45 PM

Default Not me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoMA4good View Post
Nah, I will be here. BUT a different frame of mind. I will post in Florida, but not the bad stuff I promise Sunrico90. I do say good things too. There will be a few things I will miss...
Whenever I can get the hell out of this state, I will not be back, figuratively (on this board) or literally. I said the same thing when I left 30 years ago. I visited 3 times in all those years. This time it will quite literally be never. I won't be alive 30 years from now. If I cannot sell both the condo and the house, I/we are prepared to walk away from them. As my husband said, we are ready to sell the condo for $100 just to get rid of it. I want no ties whatsoever to Florida. I do not want to keep a place here to even visit.

#1 Florida Malcontent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or