U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 03:36 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,337,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
What about Vegas? That's cheaper than California, plus near snowy mountains as well. Only thing it doesn't have is the ocean

Don`t get me wrong snow is pretty and I would go and visit my sister up north and enjoy the sights and snow, But I just don`t like living in that weather. I can take short visits knowing that I am not stuck there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 03:37 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,943,719 times
Default I did all that

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Yeah.... but it's always easy to hop a plane and head off into it to "play."

As many people say, snow is nice when you don't have to LIVE in it, drive through it to work, and shovel it.
and I do miss it. I drove in the snow also when I worked the midnight shift. Shoveled out the car and heated it up when the rest of the world was tucked in their beds asleep. None of the roads were plowed either at that time of night. I made my own path in the snow. This was right before I moved here too. Not once did I ever say I cannot wait to this to be all over. Never.

I guess that only proves how much I like cold and snow.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:46 PM

Default March

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
I never plan on returning to the state of FL & hope my children never want to go to Disney World BUT....come Feb/Mar when it's very cold, very raw & everything is gray....I miss the sun & warmth. Mid march anywhere up north is a complete drag.

That's why there are planes & if we needed to, we could hop on them & go "play" in the ocean & then head back home to sanity!
You do get tired of it by March, but hey that is the nice thing about 4 seasons. One season doesn't last forever and you have something to look forward to.

I used to have daffodils in my yard in NY. Sometimes we had a late spring and there would still be snow on the ground in late March and April. Yet, coming up through the snow were the green stalks of those daffodils. They survived and were growing despite the cold and snow on the ground. There is an order to life. You can see that with the 4 seasons. No matter how severe winter was, those flowers/spring was still going to come. It gives one a sense of hope. You cannot experience anything like that here. As I said on another post, it is the same. No changes.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:54 PM

3,633 posts, read 8,514,505 times
Oh I sure do miss it all, and I will be back in it by Wednesday when I move back to MA. I will miss some of Floridas offerings, but I miss New England. I am sure by March I will be jonesing for some sun and warm, but it will be right around the corner....

Old 09-26-2008, 07:22 PM

1,505 posts, read 2,808,485 times
I prefer our two seasons in florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
You do get tired of it by March, but hey that is the nice thing about 4 seasons. One season doesn't last forever and you have something to look forward to.

I used to have daffodils in my yard in NY. Sometimes we had a late spring and there would still be snow on the ground in late March and April. Yet, coming up through the snow were the green stalks of those daffodils. They survived and were growing despite the cold and snow on the ground. There is an order to life. You can see that with the 4 seasons. No matter how severe winter was, those flowers/spring was still going to come. It gives one a sense of hope. You cannot experience anything like that here. As I said on another post, it is the same. No changes.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:33 PM

Default Summer and Summerest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu101 View Post
i prefer our two seasons in florida.
:d:d

Old 09-26-2008, 07:58 PM

3,633 posts, read 8,514,505 times
Summer, then "wow you have to be kidding me hot"...

I found this online.. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
:d:d

Old 09-26-2008, 08:44 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,337,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
I prefer our two seasons in florida.

Yep Hot and cool, it works for me

Old 09-26-2008, 09:39 PM

1,752 posts, read 3,738,016 times
Having grown up in Michigan and spent time in England, Pennsylvania and Boston, I do miss snow from time to time. But not nearly as much as I miss autumn.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:04 AM

Default Autumn is my favorite season too

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
Having grown up in Michigan and spent time in England, Pennsylvania and Boston, I do miss snow from time to time. But not nearly as much as I miss autumn.
followed by winter, spring, and then summer. That is why I didn't go back up north in summer with my husband, who had to use up his vacation time before Labor Day. I'm going Columbus Day and Thanksgiving weekends.

I need a break from summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida