Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 05:28 AM

657 posts, read 1,788,254 times

Advertisements

i probobly wont have an issue with a job because i will search when i come visit and look for a house.
my husband will stay home with the family so i can do this.
for a mortage, we need job verification from florida. he will apply online but what are his chances of getting a job without being there for an interview? it is all going to happen so fast once we sell.
has anyone that relocated and purchased a home had this issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 10:42 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,139,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdzup3 View Post
i probobly wont have an issue with a job because i will search when i come visit and look for a house.
for a mortage, we need job verification from florida. he will apply online but what are his chances of getting a job without being there for an interview? it is all going to happen so fast once we sell.
Never heard of this before, but with the way banks are going, I'm not surprised...

Chances of getting a job without a face to face interview...wow...never heard of that one either....

Old 09-30-2008, 10:49 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Sorry, probably zero. With all the competition for jobs, there can be two to three face-to-face interviews before a company decides. Plan on being here for interviews. Good luck!

Old 09-30-2008, 12:55 PM

OH CRAP!!! lol. as i see it so far, if its meant to be it will all fall into place.. i just hope we get situated quick.. mabey we have to just rent first... my issue with that is that i have 2 girls. im affraid for my 6 yr old to get settled and make friends esp if one or 2 are neighbors where we rent, then we have to move again. gots to do what we gots to do i guess. just looking for some direction. thanx girls!!

Old 09-30-2008, 01:46 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,086,723 times
Quote:
OH CRAP!!! lol. as i see it so far, if its meant to be it will all fall into place.. i just hope we get situated quick.. mabey we have to just rent first... my issue with that is that i have 2 girls. im affraid for my 6 yr old to get settled and make friends esp if one or 2 are neighbors where we rent, then we have to move again. gots to do what we gots to do i guess. just looking for some direction. thanx girls!!
I would start preparing now. Develop a list of all the companies in the area where you may apply. See if you can get the applications on-line or ahead of time. Get them filled out (except for the dates), and when you are ready drop them by, make face to face appointment where you can, check them off the list, and make as many appointments (when the time comes that you can). Don't expect anything, and add to you back-up plan list with as many application / appointments as you can. Be organized so you can hit as many places effectively and efficiently as you can. Don't be down, be positive (no one wants to hire someone that is down, no matter what the circumstances). Don't oversell, but make sure they understand that you are focused on bringing in new clients and building that base - or what ever - so they know you are focused on being an income generator. These are tough times, but the basics don't change, if you can generate revenue / income / clients you will get the job. You need to let them know that you understand that, and have a plan to do it. Getting work in tough times is tough, but for those that know how to succeed, those people are invaluable. You need to make them feel they can't afford to let you get out the door without a job offer from them in your hand. Success doesn't come to those who wait - it really only comes to the people who know what they want, and go after it. Also, don't send signals that you don't want something that you really do want. I see people do that to me all the time, break down the barriers to achieve what you want, don't build them and then wait. That will just cause confusion, and it will stop them dead in their tracks. If you want something, tell them what you want . . . and work through the rest of the requirements.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:58 AM

i dont think i will have an issue with the job search. i have some possibilities linedup. but my husband will be applying online for jobs.. i dont know how he will have time to get down for interviews by the time we apply for a mortage. we have friends in the area who will probobly help us try to find him a job too.
when i come down.. i will be so excited. i am just greatful that i will beable to look for work while im looking at houses. the best thing would be for my husband to come too and to have the kids stay with grandparents... hes so affraid to fly...lol..
im sure its all going to work out fine. thanx for the advise. im trying to work on it and wish i could take the next step but for now just spinning my wheels and waiting...
there are so many nice people on here that help alot, and keep me moving forward. thanx!!!!

Old 10-01-2008, 08:08 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,139,157 times
Please tell me you're moving with at least six months income in the bank....in case your job search takes a while...?

Old 10-01-2008, 09:28 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,086,723 times
Quote:
i dont think i will have an issue with the job search. i have some possibilities linedup. but my husband will be applying online for jobs.. i dont know how he will have time to get down for interviews by the time we apply for a mortage. we have friends in the area who will probobly help us try to find him a job too.
when i come down.. i will be so excited. i am just greatful that i will beable to look for work while im looking at houses. the best thing would be for my husband to come too and to have the kids stay with grandparents... hes so affraid to fly...lol..
im sure its all going to work out fine. thanx for the advise. im trying to work on it and wish i could take the next step but for now just spinning my wheels and waiting...
there are so many nice people on here that help alot, and keep me moving forward. thanx!!!!
From what you told me, I think you will do fine. It is a tough market. If your expectations properly prepare you, then you might be pleasantly surprised. But again, it is a tough market. I was offering general advice, that I hope will help a lot of people here that are looking for a job.

My fingers are crossed (+ = left hand + = right hand) for you. From what I've been told this financial mess should not effect you or others (your potential buyers) from getting a mortgage. So long as you/they met the standards that were set a couple weeks ago. - That's a good thing! Good Luck - let me know if things turn positive. . .

Old 10-01-2008, 10:20 AM

810 posts, read 3,306,378 times
Why buy now? There are plenty of rentals on the market. Why buy in area A and find out a job offer is for area B 60 miles away. Are you willing to commute?

Old 10-01-2008, 03:36 PM

no probobly not... we will hope for around the area 30-40 min commute will be ok.
ladywithafan.... yes i hope to have 20-30k in the bank by my plan... this is a huge thing for us.. to have a savings... something we will never beable to do here. i would also love to pay off my car but it doesnt look like that will happen . i had a huge master plan.. its changed by 45k.so ive also lowered my house standards. i have goals and am hopeing i can stick to them.. ive got so much in my head about this whole relocating thing that it drives me crazy. constantly writing down figures. trying to figure out what my weekly budget might be compared to here. i think it will work for us. just scary about the job thing.. im working on that too. but unfortunately i cant do anything until i have a contract on my house. then it will be a mad rush.
i have the renting thing in my head too. it might work out better that way in the long run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida