U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 09:37 PM

66 posts, read 318,682 times
Default i want to live in florida!

ok so im graduating soon and after i work the rest of the summer i am planning to move down to florida from pennsylvania. im thinking i want to live on the east coast and some what close to the beach. im young and want to have a lot of fun and would prefer not to live in a real big city. i want action but not a whole lot of crime. i will be renting an apartment with one roommate. quality is not an issue it just needs to be cheap. where would you floridians recommend?? ive wanted to live in florida since i was very young. i hate the cold and want a warm paradise all year long. any info would be very much appreciated. oh yea i dont want to live in the ghetto or with a bunch of old folks (40+) or a real touristy area. thanks!

Last edited by JPSchaff; 02-10-2007 at 09:41 PM.. Reason: forgot info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2007, 10:03 PM

1 posts, read 3,733 times
Which Florida cities have the cheapest new homes? I, too, am from PA.

Old 02-10-2007, 10:26 PM

5 posts, read 10,990 times
Default ft lauderdale or hollywood

lived there and going back nexxt week also lived in miami, miami is a lil crazy but south florida has the most stuff going on, ft lauderdale has tons of stuff and hollywood is between mia and ft laud, the beaches are great and it is paradise!

Old 02-11-2007, 02:04 AM

442 posts, read 2,096,430 times
40 , old? i did'nt get that memo!

Old 02-11-2007, 06:42 AM

796 posts, read 2,460,212 times
40 , old? i did'nt get that memo!

I'm in trouble myself...guess I better look for nursing home LOL!

Old 02-11-2007, 07:03 AM

5,289 posts, read 4,304,002 times
Guess I'm really old going to be 41 in 13 days,guess that makes me 40+

Old 02-11-2007, 07:09 AM

10,036 posts, read 16,024,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSchaff View Post
ok so im graduating soon and after i work the rest of the summer i am planning to move down to florida from pennsylvania. im thinking i want to live on the east coast and some what close to the beach. im young and want to have a lot of fun and would prefer not to live in a real big city. i want action but not a whole lot of crime. i will be renting an apartment with one roommate. quality is not an issue it just needs to be cheap. where would you floridians recommend?? ive wanted to live in florida since i was very young. i hate the cold and want a warm paradise all year long. any info would be very much appreciated. oh yea i dont want to live in the ghetto or with a bunch of old folks (40+) or a real touristy area. thanks!
When you find a place in Fla. that meets all those criteria, would you please clue the rest of us in? BTW, I am 57, so I guess I must have one foot in the grave!

Old 02-11-2007, 08:25 AM

523 posts, read 2,078,392 times
I would recommend the west coast of florida, to me the gulf is safer to swim in. Clearwater is beautiful city, it would depend on what job you can get.
we loved brandon area,

Old 02-11-2007, 09:04 AM

6,395 posts, read 12,585,299 times
East Coast of Florida, not a lot of 40+, action but not a whole lot of crime, you are asking for a lot. The cheapest areas of Florida are in North Florida or maybe the Panhandle (but that isn't east coast, they do have the prettier beaches though). So maybe Jacksonville, they probably have a night life, and they have a mix of ages, not as many snowbirds as the west coast of Florida so that would solve your 40+ thing. I am not sure about the crime in Jacksonville though, but it can't be worse than Orlando's crime.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:19 AM

232 posts, read 621,270 times
40??? old?? Hum when I woke this morning I did not feel old...Hope you enjoy Fl after you move and, oh when you get a little closer to 30-35 let us know how 40 is looking!!! LOL. Good luck in your move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida