U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 02:58 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,049,237 times

Advertisements

We almost bought property in Scrub Jay country before the huricane came through. I was hoping that the wind would take care of the Scrub Jays. We happened to have been working with two very honest realtors that did give us a heads up regarding the map. We did our research and after living in N.CA the land of the "Fairy Shrimp" and sacred Meadow Foam (a fungus), we decided to pass. Some foreign leader just equated US Environmental policy as the "new communisim." I think he is right. Slowly we will no longer have any property rights at all. If you think I am kidding, try building on a lot with the sacred fungus that grows all over Oregon, but CA worships it. Can you not set aside or reconstruct some breeding habitats for these birds?

Old 03-21-2007, 07:00 PM

670 posts, read 1,464,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill Warner View Post
We almost bought property in Scrub Jay country before the huricane came through. I was hoping that the wind would take care of the Scrub Jays. We happened to have been working with two very honest realtors that did give us a heads up regarding the map. We did our research and after living in N.CA the land of the "Fairy Shrimp" and sacred Meadow Foam (a fungus), we decided to pass. Some foreign leader just equated US Environmental policy as the "new communisim." I think he is right. Slowly we will no longer have any property rights at all. If you think I am kidding, try building on a lot with the sacred fungus that grows all over Oregon, but CA worships it. Can you not set aside or reconstruct some breeding habitats for these birds?
Frankly, you're ignorance speaks volumes. Guess you don't remember how "good" things were before the EPA and other acts that Congress passed. The planet is interconnected; as goes the Scrub Jays and other wildlife go our sons and daughters. I know you won't understand that. I post that for others.
Anyways, what is undisputable is that this was KNOWN; you yourself acknowledge so.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:15 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,282,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbravo View Post
Frankly, you're ignorance speaks volumes. Guess you don't remember how "good" things were before the EPA and other acts that Congress passed. The planet is interconnected; as goes the Scrub Jays and other wildlife go our sons and daughters. I know you won't understand that. I post that for others.
Anyways, what is undisputable is that this was KNOWN; you yourself acknowledge so.
Thank you! The two previous posts are APPALLING!!! Really sad. People like that should be forced out to let the scrub jays and any other creature make use of the now wasted space!!!

Old 03-23-2007, 07:17 PM

7 posts, read 16,851 times
I'm new to this forum, and just trying to find out if anyone has been able to find a way (legally) to regain my property rights on land that I had dreams of building on. The review process sounds like a convenient way for the government to exhaust working people and get them to give up. I've talked to the wildlife service and they just laughed when they found out where my lots were. I'm not mad at the bird, I'm angry at the way they have taken control of my properties with basically no recourse for me the property owner.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:30 PM

670 posts, read 1,464,857 times
Default I'll answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimini View Post
I'm new to this forum, and just trying to find out if anyone has been able to find a way (legally) to regain my property rights on land that I had dreams of building on. The review process sounds like a convenient way for the government to exhaust working people and get them to give up. I've talked to the wildlife service and they just laughed when they found out where my lots were. I'm not mad at the bird, I'm angry at the way they have taken control of my properties with basically no recourse for me the property owner.
Make sure that you are taxed accordingly it is an unbuildable lot.
That is only fair. The property appraiser's market value should reflect that it's unbuildable.

I'm assuming your for real and not "trolling" in this forum as clearly another has already done in this thread. Of course, you could be the same person as before with a different IP address, in which case: you're wasting your time.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:42 PM

7 posts, read 16,851 times
I'm for real, they were taxing the property at half of the value of the second property, which is still unbelievably high but now both properties are in the zone, I don't know what the 07 taxes will be, but I will be contacting the assessor's office if the new bill comes in as unfair as the 06 bill was. The part that really cuts deep is that I finally had plans to submit for the lot that wasn't affected. But now I can put on them on the shelve with my deed, what an injustice.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:44 PM

75 posts, read 309,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill Warner View Post
Can you not set aside or reconstruct some breeding habitats for these birds?
Can we do this for all the people destroying these animals habitats? If the scrub jays weren't there before it is propbably because their home was destroyed and they are looking for a new home.
Let's round up all those sandhill cranes as well. It is sad to see a family wandering around looking for their home only to find a person has built over their home.

Old 06-17-2007, 12:06 PM

9 posts, read 19,093 times
Damn "jbravo" give this guy a break...he's looking for answers not criticism and you being a so called senior member should be the one to give direction..

Old 06-17-2007, 04:28 PM

9,324 posts, read 23,120,585 times
Perhaps a group of discontented lot owners should just open their lots for a big ATV ride and just keep riding till there's nothing left but sand.

My idea for environmental preservation was to require potential homeowners to leave the land in it's natural condition and just build your home. The silly little birds will stick around as long as the land is not replaced with stupid lawns and pavement. Where I live the enviro-nuts even protect rats! Meanwhile the power company destroys the trees in front of my place. The whole environmental movement has been corrupted and is turning into communism. Leaving land unused doesn't protect it as well as having people who want to protect it living there.

I am curious to see if you can actually get the taxes reduced on what they have made "unusable land".

Old 06-17-2007, 09:24 PM

1,257 posts, read 3,928,805 times
My friends bought three adjacent scrubjay lots at a very good price. According to him, he can build on one of them and leave the other two untouched (some sort of special rule) so there will be no neighbor for him. Is it true?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or