U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-05-2008, 07:57 PM
 
Location: Nova, D.C.,
1,220 posts, read 3,382,723 times
Reputation: 741

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Unfortunately there is a not a hurricane big enough to destroy this state in one swoop. Also most hurricanes miss the biggest cyst on this penis, Jacksonville.
Something that you may not have realized, there are normally extenuating circumstances that prevent people from just "packing up" and leaving.
How exactly can you not believe a thread was started on why Florida stinks?
Shut up, that thread is every thread. So you whine because people are talking about why [City Name, Florida] sucks, and then when someone makes a thread for discussing the many reasons why Florida sucks, you come in and **** up this thread. Stop being a hypocrit and go talk about the next big chain restaurant that is opening up in your home town.
I wish I was in your shoes, but I have to finish my degree before I can move someplace decent.
More pronounced seasons meaning summer for 11 months and fall for 1 month.
Florida has no seasons. Fact.
Believe me, nobody would miss Florida if it was wiped away in a Hurricane tomorrow.
Why don't you take your "IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL" posts somewhere else. This is the Florida sucks thread, and boy howdy does it suck.
Oh you're right, Florida does have culture: Tourists going to Disney World. Everything else is drunken, Christian rednecks that drink a six pack and smoke two packs a day. That may be enough culture for you but it's not something that I really identify with.
Boy what a negative, sad person you are. Boo Hoo!

 
Old 10-05-2008, 09:07 PM
 
Location: Bradenton, Florida
27,236 posts, read 41,282,124 times
Reputation: 10955
Calculon, the question is why would you move somewhere you didn't like? I can't see any reason to move OUT of this state--to somewhere I might not like. Relatives in other states? There's no reason for ME to go where THEY are at.
 
Old 10-05-2008, 10:40 PM
 
3 posts, read 6,623 times
Reputation: 12
I have made two conclusions from reading this thread. One: you can not complain about Florida in any discussion about the state. Two: you can not complain about Florida in the "I Dislike Florida" thread. They don't call it the "Dick of America" for nothing I suppose.
 
Old 10-05-2008, 10:48 PM
 
4 posts, read 9,879 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Calculon, the question is why would you move somewhere you didn't like? I can't see any reason to move OUT of this state--to somewhere I might not like. Relatives in other states? There's no reason for ME to go where THEY are at.
I lived here when I was young, spent 10 years in Northern Virginia, and then moved back to go to college. I have to finish my degree in state to meet an articulation agreement and make sure all my credits transfer and not pay out the ass for out of state tuition. So essentially I'm stuck here because I stupidly followed family back down after finishing High School and will be until I graduate.

So yes believe it or not there are extenuating circumstances that prevent people from just leaving. I'm sure I could find a way to leave right now but it's probably not worth the trouble. Hopefully I don't die in a plane crash before I'm ready to move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
Boy what a negative, sad person you are. Boo Hoo!
I'm sorry, did I hit too close to home? It's okay, I hear they are building a new Ruby Tuesday's right next to your house.
 
Old 10-05-2008, 10:54 PM
 
3 posts, read 6,623 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
Boy what a negative, sad person you are. Boo Hoo!
Who said the truth had to be positive?
 
Old 10-05-2008, 10:59 PM
 
Location: Bradenton, Florida
27,236 posts, read 41,282,124 times
Reputation: 10955
Quote:
Originally Posted by violentworld View Post
I have made two conclusions from reading this thread. One: you can not complain about Florida in any discussion about the state. Two: you can not complain about Florida in the "I Dislike Florida" thread. They don't call it the "Dick of America" for nothing I suppose.

You can complain, but make sure your complaints are valid.

Like, for example, you say Florida has corrupt politicians...well, those are in EVERY state.

If you say Florida has hurricanes...then that's valid. If you say you don't like the humidity, or the weather, then nothing wrong with that.

But to say, "Florida has nothing but old people," THAT would be a fallacious statement.
 
Old 10-05-2008, 11:06 PM
 
3 posts, read 6,623 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
You can complain, but make sure your complaints are valid.

Like, for example, you say Florida has corrupt politicians...well, those are in EVERY state.

If you say Florida has hurricanes...then that's valid. If you say you don't like the humidity, or the weather, then nothing wrong with that.

But to say, "Florida has nothing but old people," THAT would be a fallacious statement.

What? What the **** does that have to do with anything? My post with the conclusions had evidence. Just lurk through this forum for a bit.
 
Old 10-05-2008, 11:18 PM
 
Location: Bradenton, Florida
27,236 posts, read 41,282,124 times
Reputation: 10955
Quote:
Originally Posted by violentworld View Post
One: you can not complain about Florida in any discussion about the state.
I'm quoting you.

You can complain, but your complaint has to be valid. You cannot make up lies, or give erroneous information. That's what I mean.

There was a suggestion that Florida has no history, but historians would have to disagree with that statement. I myself have read a few books on Florida's history.
 
Old 10-06-2008, 04:35 AM
 
Location: O-Town
1,781 posts, read 6,337,435 times
Reputation: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by violentworld View Post
I have made two conclusions from reading this thread. One: you can not complain about Florida in any discussion about the state. Two: you can not complain about Florida in the "I Dislike Florida" thread. They don't call it the "Dick of America" for nothing I suppose.

Seems like a two way street I have seen negatives in threads that are supposed to be positive so the conclusion I have come with is people will post what they want no matter the topic.
 
Old 10-06-2008, 05:56 AM
 
13,773 posts, read 33,831,619 times
Reputation: 10553
closed for mod review. Please do not start another thread with the same topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:40 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top