Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 12:57 PM

91 posts, read 222,600 times

Advertisements

All of Florida is pretty humid so probably not going to escape that. Cities closer to the ocean have better breezes and if a warm winter is of significant importance I would certainly look toward south Florida the further south the better. IMO, Naples (if you have the money) beats every place listed as it has a great ocean breeze, dodges most of the serious summer storms and has a tropical winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 01:03 PM

266 posts, read 402,634 times
Humidity exists everywhere in FL, unfortunately lol. I just want to warn though - coming from wintry Chi-town, be careful what you wish for. FL may seem like a paradise now since it's the complete opposite of what you're used to, but you will eventually get used to the constant heat too. I moved from MIA to NY and people told me I would miss the weather and wish I was back in Miami during these cold winters, but I love having four definitive seasons. However, I've only been here a little over two years. So it is still new to me. I do wonder if/when the time will come when I miss my ten minute drive to the beach and t-shirts in February. But, for now I'm enjoying this "new" climate. Guess it has to do with always wanting what we can't have.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:41 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,479,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
In the summer, it's about the same over the entire state. IE: hot as ****. Literally no difference in temp from North to South

But...

Near the coast, you will get more breezes and it will be a couple degrees cooler. In the middle of the state, where it is the hottest and still.

As far as fall / winter. Roughly North of SR52 or SR50, it will be a little colder than from there south. SR70 and south rarely gets below freezing. I tend to think that the area north of SR50 gets cooler a tad sooner, gets about 5-15 degrees colder on the really cold mornings.

But by and large, it's pretty close everywhere.
At least up here in the greater JAX area - I've noted that it can be 5 degrees cooler out here at the Beaches in the summer than it is 10 miles inland. It can also be 5 degrees cooler inland on chilly winter mornings - and 5 degrees warmer on cool winter afternoons. I don't recall differences like this in Miami. OTOH - I rarely drove 10-15 miles inland to Hialeah when I lived there .

Also - anyone who thinks he/she will avoid hot/humid summers by moving to NE Florida is delusional. When we try to escape the heat in the summer - we usually wind up in places like British Columbia (although this year it was Sweden). Robyn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida