U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2007, 01:06 PM

1,775 posts, read 7,334,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Sorry. If you tout an area and say one of the assets is that there are non-white citizens you open yourself to that kind of question.
Aren't you from the TN? Just wondering why your on the FL forum trying to stir things up by asking such a question. I guess it's because TN doesn't like us FL's which i certainly have been made aware of on the TN forum. Not trying to stir up problems but it's just odd that i've been on the TN forum as i plan to locate to TN and read all this crap TN says about FL's moving in and taking over and then i see your post on the FL forum. That's just kind of funny.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2007, 01:13 PM

By the way, i live in Inverness about 20 minutes from Lake Panasoffkee and in my opinion, Lake Panasoffkee is for those who don't want anything around. I mean you have 1 grocery store in town and that's it. It's more for retirees and fishermen in my opinion. not much for kids to do. In Inverness Population 7300, you have a small town with rollerskating, bowling, 7 chain lake for fishing, boating, swimming, great schools, oval race track on Saturday nights which is a big hit with Figure-8 school buses, about 7 grocery stores to choose from, of course Walmart, Lowes, a hospital, lots of medical practices, several auto dealerships. Just everything you need to survive and have fun all in a small community.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:41 PM

13,495 posts, read 34,011,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwflconch View Post
Try Lake Placid, it has about 1700 residents. Small and quiet, not a lot going on there. Good place to a family.
I second that motion. Lake Placid is the cutest town in central Fla. They have artwork on the sides of their businesses and even on their trash cans. They have a cute little park and the town is just so plush and beautiful and friendly. It seems like their real estate is fairly reasonable, too. The only problem that I can see is you may have to drive a ways to find a full time job.

Danielle, I've seen the detailed profile of Inverness and the pics on there look so cute. You had mentioned in another post that restaurants and places there are all hiring, but I'm curious as to whether there are any full time jobs with benies in Inverness.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
I second that motion. Lake Placid is the cutest town in central Fla. They have artwork on the sides of their businesses and even on their trash cans. They have a cute little park and the town is just so plush and beautiful and friendly. It seems like their real estate is fairly reasonable, too. The only problem that I can see is you may have to drive a ways to find a full time job.

Danielle, I've seen the detailed profile of Inverness and the pics on there look so cute. You had mentioned in another post that restaurants and places there are all hiring, but I'm curious as to whether there are any full time jobs with benies in Inverness.
Well i can tell you there are plenty of Medical office jobs like receptionists which most offer benefits. We do have a hospital in town as well with great benefits. Atuomotive sales and techs are always needed. I'm not quite sure what type of job everyone is looking for so i tell them to look at our paper online. Citrus Chronicle.

Old 02-17-2007, 05:15 PM

22,553 posts, read 47,241,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellefort View Post
Aren't you from the TN? Just wondering why your on the FL forum trying to stir things up by asking such a question. I guess it's because TN doesn't like us FL's which i certainly have been made aware of on the TN forum. Not trying to stir up problems but it's just odd that i've been on the TN forum as i plan to locate to TN and read all this crap TN says about FL's moving in and taking over and then i see your post on the FL forum. That's just kind of funny.
I'm on the Florida forum, too, along with other forums. Once you move you out of state you can still contribute to the forum. There is not a residency rule.

If someone mentions an area without non-white residents as a positive I have every right to ask why they consider that to be so.

Your issues with the Tennessee forum, well Danielle, you've been told that you are more than welcome there. Why you continue to feel that you are not I cannot quite understand.

Old 02-17-2007, 06:00 PM

[/quote]

Your issues with the Tennessee forum, well Danielle, you've been told that you are more than welcome there. Why you continue to feel that you are not I cannot quite understand.[/quote]

Because your just one person in TN who welcomes me but you don't represent everyone else in TN that i will meed. I KNOW i won't be welcomed once they know i'm from FL but i'm ok with that. I'll deal with it. End of discussion since this is off topic.

Old 02-17-2007, 06:01 PM

670 posts, read 1,509,560 times
Smile Yeap

Try Mt. Dora, Eustis in Central Fl, Winter Haven...further South and even further South, yeap, Lake Pacid/Placid Lakes. By the way, all these cities have hills!
However, you gave insufficient info. Are you a retiree? Kids? Work from home?
If you work, then the small town must be close to some center.

Old 02-17-2007, 08:44 PM

22,553 posts, read 47,241,467 times

Because your just one person in TN who welcomes me but you don't represent everyone else in TN that i will meed. I KNOW i won't be welcomed once they know i'm from FL but i'm ok with that. I'll deal with it. End of discussion since this is off topic.[/quote]
Superb. Then quit bringing it up, ad nauseum.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:46 PM

8,181 posts, read 16,516,796 times
Default Cresent City

Cresent City is a pretty little river town just south of Palatka. They still have the festivals and fairs. Sadly we usually only have time to pass thru but every time we do, we are waved at and welcomed back.

Old 02-20-2007, 04:43 PM

4 posts, read 22,511 times
Check out Martin County Florida! Very pretty and super family friendly areas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or