Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 09:35 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,763,666 times

Advertisements

What city in Florida has the biggest trailer park -- or collection of trailer parks? There has to be some huge "Made in the U.S.A." trailer parks here in FL... Which city has the biggest or seems to be home to the most trailers in FL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 09:36 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
Probably Briny Breezes, FL. Pembroke Park, FL holds it's own too. Out of any significantly sized city, Davie, FL.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Probably Briny Breezes, FL. Pembroke Park, FL holds it's own too. Out of any significantly sized city, Davie, FL.
Pembroke Park is massive! What about central, West, or North Florida??? I bet there's some big "made in America" parks up there...

Old 10-20-2008, 10:42 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
I really don't think any of them are competitive size-wise with Davie or Pembroke Park. Then again, most of the Davie ones don't really fit the "made in america" description although there are a few here and there that do. If you are ever out that way, take 136th Ave southbound and look to your left once you are past Sunshine Village (which is a clean trailer park). I think you would enjoy it. And then all the sudden when you pass the roundabout it gets flat out rich...(and also an interesting demographic case study in that other thread we were debating in).

Old 10-20-2008, 11:09 PM

558 posts, read 1,834,737 times
Default Lakeland

Polk County Florida has the largest collection hands down . Lakeland and Winter Haven have a huge number of 55+ retirement and run down family trailer parks . Most of the 55+ parks are nice but the family parks are straight out of the movies ( very trashy and stereotypical ) . "Made in the USA" by Cletus ,Bubba ,Billy Joe Jim Bob and the gang . Polk County will always be the trailer park capital of Florida .

Old 10-21-2008, 05:16 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,887,919 times
I thought the whole state of Florida was nothing but a big trailer park...

Old 10-21-2008, 05:54 AM

1,781 posts, read 6,961,391 times
Bithlo and christmas should be in this contest.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeland Yankee View Post
Polk County Florida has the largest collection hands down . Lakeland and Winter Haven have a huge number of 55+ retirement and run down family trailer parks . Most of the 55+ parks are nice but the family parks are straight out of the movies ( very trashy and stereotypical ) . "Made in the USA" by Cletus ,Bubba ,Billy Joe Jim Bob and the gang . Polk County will always be the trailer park capital of Florida .
What cities in Polk County have these giant trailer parks? Wouldn't "the Villages" or a section of the Villages be in the running for the prestigious title?

Old 10-21-2008, 12:12 PM

558 posts, read 1,834,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
What cities in Polk County have these giant trailer parks? Wouldn't "the Villages" or a section of the Villages be in the running for the prestigious title?
Polk County only holds the title for "collection of trailer parks". It's just a ton of different parks side by side. Unfortunately , we can't have the title for the largest single park as most of the parks are not really super large. As for cities ,it is really all of them but I nominate Lakeland and Winter Haven. It's just park after park after park after park; you've never seen anything like it in your entire life .

Here's an old link backing up what I stated. Bay Area Tops Florida In Mobile Homes: From The Tampa Tribune .Just scroll to about a third of the way down to find the info. I haven't found any current links yet but I'll keep looking.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:13 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,596,703 times
The largest single site appears to be Colony Cove in Ellenton with 2207 MH spaces. The Florida DOH has a downloadable list on their website here --> Mobile Home and Recreational Vehicle Parks. If anyone has the time to sum them up by city, I'd also like to hear the results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida