U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-09-2011, 08:30 PM
 
35 posts, read 69,791 times
Reputation: 37

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindydial View Post
Why do so many people move to gated communities and harass the board about the rules? If I didn't agree with the rules I wouldn't move to a gated community in the first place. Why do so many pets owners pretend to be such lovely people when they actually are selfish, inconsiderate and rude as demonstrated here?
.... These people with the fake "service animals" should be ashamed of themselves. No doubt what goes a VERY LONG WAY to making Hawthorne such a "wonderful place" is there is NOT the constant barking of dogs made possible only by the NO PETS rule. But no matter, what is important is that peace and quiet be required of everybody else in the community, not of course, YOU -- the people who search all over Florida for a "no pets" community (which is so hard to accomplish it can only be done in a TRAILER PARK!!!!!!!!!!!!) then demand your God given right to ruin the entire atmosphere for everybody else with these fake "service animals." What a cynical ploy to pretend you have "depression" and equate that to the poor unfortunate souls who ARE BLIND! Absolutely unbelievable. Absolutely shameful. The owners of these FAKE "service animals" should be put in jail for fraud and their "home" in these desperately dog-free trailer parks bulldozed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-12-2012, 09:48 AM
 
2,932 posts, read 3,995,829 times
Reputation: 1781
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindydial View Post
.... These people with the fake "service animals" should be ashamed of themselves. No doubt what goes a VERY LONG WAY to making Hawthorne such a "wonderful place" is there is NOT the constant barking of dogs made possible only by the NO PETS rule. But no matter, what is important is that peace and quiet be required of everybody else in the community, not of course, YOU -- the people who search all over Florida for a "no pets" community (which is so hard to accomplish it can only be done in a TRAILER PARK!!!!!!!!!!!!) then demand your God given right to ruin the entire atmosphere for everybody else with these fake "service animals." What a cynical ploy to pretend you have "depression" and equate that to the poor unfortunate souls who ARE BLIND! Absolutely unbelievable. Absolutely shameful. The owners of these FAKE "service animals" should be put in jail for fraud and their "home" in these desperately dog-free trailer parks bulldozed.
A little over the top, no? I'm sure some would find your misplaced zeal a little disturbing. A simple "to each his own" would suffice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2012, 08:17 PM
 
35 posts, read 69,791 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
A little over the top, no? I'm sure some would find your misplaced zeal a little disturbing. A simple "to each his own" would suffice.

Do you really think so? There is no shortage of "pet friendly" communities in Florida or anywhere else in the USA, or the rest of the world for that matter. Potential owners know full well there are not just certain expectations, but detailed, specific, written rules that all buyers agree to before they become members of this, or any other, HOA community. What is "disturbing" here is having agreed to live under the long established rules of this community this kitty1954 person and her defenders think it is perfectly acceptable to harass the board in a selfish, rude and inconsiderate effort to fundamentally change that which makes this community what it is. This you call "to each his own," indicating you don't belong in this or any other community where the quality of life enjoyed by EVERYONE is more important than your own selfishness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2012, 09:49 AM
 
1 posts, read 963 times
Reputation: 10
Default take the tour offered by Hawthorne

Do not hesitate to buy in Hawthorne. I have lived here for eight years and love it. We have everything that you could ask for in retirement and still be a" kid at heart" Come and take the free tour and make up your own mind. Hawthorne is operated by us, the owners are us. Great place!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2016, 06:21 PM
 
35 posts, read 69,791 times
Reputation: 37
This thread brings up something I find very odd. That being, why is it so important for people with pets to live in the relative handful of communities that don't allow them? Can the rest of us just be left alone? Can we not be allowed a little peace and tranquility in our own home? Is that really such an outrage?

Last edited by cindydial; 02-19-2016 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: correct
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2016, 07:40 PM
 
17,432 posts, read 10,510,439 times
Reputation: 8328
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindydial View Post
This thread brings up something I find very odd. That being, why is it so important for people with pets to live in the relative handful of communities that don't allow them? Can the rest of us just be left alone? Can we not be allowed a little peace and tranquility in our own home? Is that really such an outrage?
Maybe they do not want to live in areas where other people's dogs bark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top