Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 06:25 AM

448 posts, read 1,470,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornInFL View Post
indian river co is nice as well as martin co.

Hey, BornInFL; what cities are in Martin County? Sorry not to have the knowledge on all the counties. Is it true the more inland you live the hotter and more humid the days are? One of the reasons we are thinking of more coastal areas. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 06:50 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,767,159 times
The more inland you go, the less seabreeze you have, and the higher the humidity and temperature. I like the east coast of Fl the most, stronger breezes. The air was a lot less humid and stagnant in my experience. You were looking into Palm Bay right?

Old 11-06-2008, 07:21 AM

1,555 posts, read 4,148,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
The more inland you go, the less seabreeze you have, and the higher the humidity and temperature.
Do you mean on average or something? For example, at the moment, it's warmer in Vero Beach (on the coast), with the same humidity and less wind, than it is in Avon Park (which is in the center of the state, at close to the same latitude). When you compare Melbourne (on the coast) to Winter Haven (central, close to the same latitude) for average temperatures, Winter Haven has a warmer average high temperature by 1-4 degrees in each month except for December, but Winter Haven also has a lower average low by 1-4 degrees every month. The same thing is true of Vero Beach compared to Sebring (right next to Avon Park). So maybe it's that the central portion of the state, per the average temperatures, has a wider range than the coast, with slightly warmer highs and slightly cooler lows.

Average humidity and windspeed data is much harder to find, unforunately.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:24 AM

I'm talking about summer temps Sigmund... It's hot no matter what, but a breeze helps a LOT. MY EXPERIENCE LIVING THERE THANKS MUCH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten_Udder View Post
Do you mean on average or something? For example, at the moment, it's warmer in Vero Beach (on the coast), with the same humidity and less wind, than it is in Avon Park (which is in the center of the state, at close to the same latitude). When you compare Melbourne (on the coast) to Winter Haven (central, close to the same latitude) for average temperatures, Winter Haven has a warmer average high temperature by 1-4 degrees in each month except for December, but Winter Haven also has a lower average low by 1-4 degrees every month. The same thing is true of Vero Beach compared to Sebring (right next to Avon Park). So maybe it's that the central portion of the state, per the average temperatures, has a wider range than the coast, with slightly warmer highs and slightly cooler lows.

Average humidity and windspeed data is much harder to find, unforunately.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:26 AM

Like I said IN MY experience, I did not say it is a fact. Any smart person would agree that movement of air, not stagnant dead air is more comfortable to SOME people, not all.

Quote:
The more inland you go, the less seabreeze you have, and the higher the humidity and temperature. I like the east coast of Fl the most, stronger breezes. The air was a lot less humid and stagnant in my experience. You were looking into Palm Bay right?

Old 11-06-2008, 07:44 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,100,783 times
I have lived in various places in the southwest central region of Florida; including Dade City (35 mi NE of Tampa), Tampa, Sarasota and Lakeland. Dade City gets the coolest overall, it can often be 10 degrees cooler than Tampa in spring, and at least a few degrees cooler in the summer. It also has the lowest lows. I did not find it to be hotter there in summer being inland, due to the fact it has many hills, lakes and woods.

Tampa is the hottest, there is so much conrete and cars there it heats up the atmosphere, and there is no real seabreeze to counteract.

Sarasota is warm but there are breezes near the Gulf Coast. It is more humid overall there due to proximity of the coast, if you can live fairly near the coast the climate is pretty nice if a bit hot in the summer.

Lakeland has a beautiful climate where we live. It is the most inland, but here in the city core there are hills, numerous lakes and a heavy tree canopy which provide coolness and breezes. It is less humid than near the coast, and night time lows are lower than the coast (which I personally like). The weather is similar to southern California much of the year in my particular area. However, there are microclimates here and in all the other places I have lived - if you are in a hot, flat paved area in Florida, it might feel like hell in the summer.

These are my experiences and I hope this info helped!

Old 11-06-2008, 08:00 AM

Quote:
I'm talking about summer temps Sigmund... It's hot no matter what, but a breeze helps a LOT. MY EXPERIENCE LIVING THERE THANKS MUCH!!!
Okay, so you mean your "perceived" temperature, humidity and windspeed, rather than what the actual temperature, humidity and windspeed might have been?

Old 11-06-2008, 08:23 AM

Anyone else have any comments and get back to the OP about friendly counties? It's not about weather...

Old 11-06-2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Anyone else have any comments and get back to the OP about friendly counties? It's not about weather...
Yeah, we should probably add a post to the bottom of every thread asking if folks have any more comments on it.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:46 AM

558 posts, read 1,834,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza Hun View Post
What is the friendliest county in the centre region of the Sunshine state guys? I'm interested in a non-tourist point of view.
Why do you want just the center region of the state? In my opinion Northeast Florida is the friendliest www.coj.net Home Page . Good old fashioned Southern manners and hospitality. I hear the panhandle is the same way although I've never been there, yet.

Friendly Central Florida -Volusia, Brevard, Lake, Flagler, Pinellas

Unfriendly Central Florida -Polk and Hillsborough

This is just a general opinion, as there are friendly people in every county and vice versa. I can't comment on the other counties because I have not spend time in them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida