Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 12:57 PM

85 posts, read 287,466 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
I am having a hard time finding anything on Odessa. I was sent a dozen housing possibilites but can't find out about the actual area. If anyone is from there or near there and could share their thoughts it would be greatly appreciated. Here is what my family is looking for in an area:

1. Good school district. We are starting a family.
2. Area where my husband can commute to work (Tampa I guess)
3. I am a Yoga Teacher with a very successful business and will want to relocate it to an area that is health conscious and open to a place like that. I prefer to have it near me as opposed to commuting to the city to run it. Don't know what kind of town Odessa is or if it could even be considered a town?
Any feedback at all about this area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2007, 04:53 PM

436 posts, read 1,357,177 times
Hi Yogini,
I understand exactly what you are saying. Believe it or not I am having a house built in Odessa and am still not sure if it is a city or town. The address says its a city, it has its own zip code, yet on this forum I was told it was a section. So I am still not sure. I got very little info about it other than it was nice. I visited myself a few times before I decided to build there and have always liked what I saw...it seems quiet and suburban and is in easy driving to plenty of stores. I checked out the schools and they are A rated...that is about as much info as I have for now. I will be a permanent resident next year...but I hope someone else responds to your post as I too would like more information.

Old 02-20-2007, 04:57 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,085,214 times
Odessa is a rural area. It's not a town or city. It's mostly pasture country.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:05 PM

bnepler,
So is that a good thing or a bad thing? Or basically is my home going to be in the middle of nowhere? What is your true impression of it?
s

Old 02-20-2007, 06:05 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,100,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnepler View Post
Odessa is a rural area. It's not a town or city. It's mostly pasture country.
This is true. It is a very nice rural area, but if one is looking for a real "town" this isn't it.

Old 02-20-2007, 06:08 PM

Gypsychic,
What is your impression of this area as a place to live...honestly...did I make a mistake?

Old 02-20-2007, 06:34 PM

Margel- I don't know if the lack of feedback is a good sign or a bad sign. I have found a few homes there and the nearby areas. I'm actually going down to look at the area in 2 weeks but would like to research it a little more but I can't find anything. Again not sure if that's a good or bad sign.

I would love to know is this a good place to live? I understand the "Rural" part but in terms of the actual area, what kind of feeling does one get about the place? Does anyone live there or near there than can share some info? Thanks

Old 02-20-2007, 06:43 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,085,214 times
If you coming from a city, it's pasture land. The area is being built up, it's not Land O Lakes or Wesley Chapel. When we moved to WC, it was mostly pastures. What more can I say, maybe, it's quiet there!!!

Old 02-20-2007, 07:19 PM

628 posts, read 1,833,380 times
Hi - Odessa is in the northwest section of Hillsborough and into the southernmost part of Pasco. If you mapquest Odessa it will show a marker just near county road 54 and if you look at city-data info it will classify the town as being located in Pasco.

Fact is many parts of Odessa are located in Hillsborough/Tampa and it goes down past Keystone Lake and Tarpon/Keystone Road, which is well into Hillsborough.

There are absolutely beautiful communities some of which surround natural lakes and most of which have large parcels. Although there are some Odessa addresses that go as far south as Race Track & South Mobley Road I think the center of Odessa is about 2-3 miles north of that and extends up to County road 54 see this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odessa,_Florida

I would call the majority of Odessa less suburban more exurban almost rural. It is a bit removed from some common features like shopping malls and restaurants but not by far and in the past few years many new business and services have been filling in the area.
Yogini – this is one of those areas that has most of your original requirements including land (some even with water) yet close to a major center (Tampa) and surrounded by the demographics you would want for your business

Old 02-20-2007, 07:31 PM

Smile Yay Shores9!

Yay! Shores9 where ya been?
I knew I could count on you for some info on the area. One of the houses is at the start of N Mobley Rd I believe. It is a very rural area but I thought the commute for Husband wouldn't be too bad and I might be able to set something up local for my Yoga? Since it is part of Pasco is that good? I'm still trying to get a hold on all the different areas and sub-areas. We're going to be in St Pete in about 2 weeks and we're going to check out everywhere around Tampa and maybe some stuff on the East coast. Thanks so much for all the help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida