U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 12:08 PM

6 posts, read 11,698 times

Advertisements

Hi,
been doing some research on small towns in Florida to relocate with children....can't seem to find many family orientated, always family average is below the state average. Are all the families with kids only in the big city areas?
blessings
Daniela
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 06:01 PM

5,969 posts, read 7,716,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherof6 View Post
Hi,
been doing some research on small towns in Florida to relocate with children....can't seem to find many family orientated, always family average is below the state average. Are all the families with kids only in the big city areas?
blessings
Daniela
Yes, that is the only place parents can find jobs.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:10 PM

557 posts, read 1,629,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Yes, that is the only place parents can find jobs.
Agree, and make sure you do a search for sex offenders before you find a place. http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/Search.jsp. They are everywhere down here. Good Luck

Old 10-25-2008, 01:28 PM

Really, that is daunting
What about smaller towns, are they also full of sex offenders?
There have to be safe places for families

Old 10-25-2008, 02:26 PM

557 posts, read 1,629,913 times
Small towns and big cities , everywhere in Florida is filled with them . I don't know why they flock here ???? Best thing to do is just use the neighborhood search FDLE Florida Sexual Offenders and Predators and check it often. Just keep a close watch on your kids at all times and you should be able to keep them safe. I wouldn't want to raise a family here due to the poor schools, bad teachers, high crime, child molesters, high cost of living, low wages, etc.

That's just my opinion though as many move here and have no problems and love Florida. Best of luck to you.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:46 AM

4,268 posts, read 6,823,075 times
There are many many families in my neighborhood in Tradition in Port St. Lucie. The HOA here does a criminal background check on every person that moves here. I also do a sexual offender search on every one of my rental clients.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:29 AM

436 posts, read 1,210,845 times
I live in Odessa, 30 minutes north of Tampa. Very family oriented here.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
There are many many families in my neighborhood in Tradition in Port St. Lucie. The HOA here does a criminal background check on every person that moves here. I also do a sexual offender search on every one of my rental clients.
It sounds beautiful, tell me more!!
What about schools??
I have six children ages 2 to 17, my choice of where to relocate depends mostly on a safe community and good schools, by good I mean a safe and friendly environment, and its hard to find in Florida
any information is very appreciated
thank you for answering my post
blessings
Daniela

Old 10-27-2008, 07:23 AM

4,268 posts, read 6,823,075 times
Daniela, the schools in PSL are in what is called "zones". Tradition and any homes west of the turnpike are in the Red Zone. Here is the link to the schools so you can check on any of them. St. Lucie County Public Schools - SLCSB

Some will say the schools here are not wonderful - not all A schools - some will be fine with them. Your decision. Tradition has a new Charter school that just opened this year and is already taking applications for next year. It's K through 8 and connected to Fla Atlantic University. The children who go there are a mix of area children and children from Tradition. Since the charter school was so much in demand, and the criteria that FAU goes through, they did a lottery for who was going and who was not for this first year.

As far as a friendly area...I find it great. Lots of things going on all the time.
Here is the web site for Tradition Tradition: Your kind of town - Port St. Lucie, Florida (http://www.traditionfl.com/main.php - broken link) or feel free to ask me questions if you want

Old 10-27-2008, 01:11 PM

7,901 posts, read 8,875,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherof6 View Post
Hi,
blessings
Daniela
Tallahassee is a very family-oriented city, and not very big.

In fact, I have found the state to be far more family-oriented OUTISDE the big city areas.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or