Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 10:28 AM

331 posts, read 1,544,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funy View Post
99.99% of you do what you did from where you came from.

The .01% of us who actually live in Florida hate on folks who ruined our state.

So why bother to ask?
Does that "ny" stand for New Yorkers? And "fu" is what you suggest they need to do to themselves?

By the way, what were the things you used to do before they all came to you state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 01:04 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,961,753 times
The weather is great this time of year it`s been in the 70`s I don`t know how anyone would rather stay couped up in a house now.

Now when it`s hot I still work in my garden but other things I do is swim, fish goto the beach, walk and the Springs.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:03 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,655,049 times
I stayed inside in the summers in NY, but at least that was only a for a few months. Anything over 70, I stay inside.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:10 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,961,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
I stayed inside in the summers in NY, but at least that was only a for a few months. Anything over 70, I stay inside.

Maybe Alaska is a good choice for you.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:11 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,643,401 times
Anything UNDER 70, I stay inside--if possible.

Should have seen me last winter. T-shirt, long sleeve shirt, sweater or sweatshirt, jacket, hat, and gloves...had to be at work 20 minutes early just to get back down to a T-shirt!

Yes, it DOES get cold in FLorida!

Old 10-27-2008, 11:38 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,082,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
Maybe Alaska is a good choice for you.
Alphaman,
I think we need to coaxed TANaples out of the house! She needs to come out into the bright sunshiney world; where it never rains, where everyone is happy, where the stock market only goes up, where ... oh crap . . . Now she'll never come out! But Alaska won't help either

Old 10-27-2008, 02:05 PM

541 posts, read 1,994,865 times
Lets see Friday night we went with 15 other friends to see High School Musical 3 after watching 1 and 2 while having a pizza party (we all work for Disney.) Saturday we went to the Polynesian Resort for lunch and drinks, then went to the Magic Kingdom with friends whose family were down from NJ visiting. Saturday night we went to Disney's Hollywood Studios and the Brown Derby for dinner (another friend had a discount coupon.) Then we went on Toy Story Midway Mania to see who got high score. Sunday my husband and I went shopping (pet food, house stuff, etc..) We wanted to go biking but he got bit by fire ants while cleaning over the weekend so he put his foot up and rested. We watched Heroes and The Happening. His foot is huge today so no biking tonight either

We miss up north but try to make the best of our time here! We have friends that live near Honeymoon Island and we try to go to the beach once a month (there or Coco Beach.) We have miles of trails in Celebration so we bike and walk a lot when it is cooler. We go to the parks (Disney, Universal, Sea World) all the time. We go to the movies a lot with friends. Have game nights at least once a month. Go out to eat a lot. Take care of things around the house. Take care of the plants on our deck. We volunteer at Give Kids the World at least once a month. We went to Halloween Horror Nights and Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party this month. We have a haunted hayride at Fort Wilderness and a Halloween party at a friends house on 10/31. We sing in a Christmas choir so we have practice for that once a week now. We are going to Ice and the Festival of Tress at the OMA next month. We have several Thanksgiving parties coming up. We have a sleigh ride and dinner at Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge) on Christmas Eve. We are having a Christmas party at our house-we do every year.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:36 PM

13 posts, read 36,845 times
Days Off living in S. Miami, FISHING. On an incoming tide, Homestead Bayfront Park is my favorite place. Huge bonefish, great snook fishing, late night shrimp on the rocks. I have even caught some nice trout, red fish and permit all within 100 yards of the Park entrance, no boat required.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:55 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,918,254 times
On weekends in the summer I like to fish. Weekends in the fall, I go to Florida State games, or if it's an away game, spend all day Saturday in front of the TV. In the winter and spring, my wife and I like to take day trips on Saturdays. Just drive somewhere, eat some bbq for lunch, and walk around and see what that place has to offer.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:32 PM

310 posts, read 868,647 times
We have four kids and tend to stay inside during the day or in our pool, then in the evening we go out and run our errands, shop, etc. We kind of treat the dog days of summer like a northerner treats winter--stay inside, hunker down until it's ok to go out. We rarely go on vacation then unless it's up north to visit friends or family--we make up for that by being outside from October through end of April.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida