Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 11:00 AM

76 posts, read 278,265 times

Advertisements

I will be in FL for this thanksgiving. I will drive to Key West from Sarasota, stay there for 1 night then drive up to Ft. Lauderdale for another night, I will stop by some places in the Key not sure where (any suggestions) on the way up, may be Miami too. Then head to Tampa for the last night and fly back the next morning.

Could you suggest things that I can not miss for my trip?

Thank you and have a great thanksgiving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 05:30 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,216,657 times
Ya gotta be kidding me...Sarasota to Key West without traffic is 6 hours or more...couple that with the busiest travel day of the year...Thanksgiving...and you could get to Key West...have time to pick up a meal to go...and then get back on the road to drive up to Fort Lauderdale...for another 4 plus hours of driving...without traffic...do yourself a favor...either stay in Sarasota or Tampa and enjoy the time you will not be stuck driving or should I say looking at brake lights...

Old 11-25-2009, 08:26 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
OP - This a lot to driving for a short trip. I would take out Key West from your plans. As its a 4hr drive from Miami alone. You should go down to Sanibel Island walk on the beaches and stop in at the Bubble Room for some cake.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:53 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,748,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty78 View Post
Ya gotta be kidding me...Sarasota to Key West without traffic is 6 hours or more...couple that with the busiest travel day of the year...Thanksgiving...and you could get to Key West...have time to pick up a meal to go...and then get back on the road to drive up to Fort Lauderdale...for another 4 plus hours of driving...without traffic...do yourself a favor...either stay in Sarasota or Tampa and enjoy the time you will not be stuck driving or should I say looking at brake lights...
You can't from Key west to Fort Lauderdale in 4 hours. It is 200 miles and much with stop lights and slow speed limits. You could never average 50 mph.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:25 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,895,213 times
Stay in Central Florida and go to Orlando.It's not like there's that much to see and do in the keys!

Old 11-29-2009, 12:02 AM

1 posts, read 2,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macno0b View Post
I will be in FL for this thanksgiving. I will drive to Key West from Sarasota, stay there for 1 night then drive up to Ft. Lauderdale for another night, I will stop by some places in the Key not sure where (any suggestions) on the way up, may be Miami too. Then head to Tampa for the last night and fly back the next morning.

Could you suggest things that I can not miss for my trip?

Thank you and have a great thanksgiving.
Such a very amazing link!
Thanks you

Old 12-01-2009, 03:10 PM

76 posts, read 278,265 times
I actually did that. I have been to FL many times and been around almost everywhere except the Key and Ft. Lauderdale. That's why I wanted to go there.

Oh well, I didn't like Key West that much. It was pretty chilling at the time so no naked party. I expected a lot more wild things over there. I did like Ft.Lauderdale a lot. I love the houses by the river. Motivate me to make more money.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:49 AM

2 posts, read 5,165 times
yea i didnt like it too, no naked parties or anything
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida