U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2006, 06:28 AM

320 posts, read 1,435,898 times

Advertisements

What is the Brooksville area like? How is the crime? What are the people like? What is the commute to Trinity like? What are the best neighborhoods in Brooksville?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2006, 06:24 PM

3 posts, read 13,849 times
Wink Nice Area

Ridge Manor is a small community just east of Brooksville and still in Hernando County which is very nice. Crime in this area is at a minimal I believe and hope.

Son is Police Officer in Hernando and lives in this area with his family and wants to keep it safe for them.

Old 09-16-2006, 07:11 PM

238 posts, read 607,156 times
Oh My God , That Would Be The Comute From Hell.... Brooksville Is Nice ! But Very Much Fast Growing.

Old 09-17-2006, 09:59 AM

16 posts, read 115,528 times
I'm a REALTOR in the Spring Hill/Brooksville/Weeki Wachee area - Brooksville is very much up-and-coming, not yet as developed as Spring Hill, but well on its way with lots of new construction and some great communities in the area. Depending on your pricerange there are lots of communities that are very good. For beautiful estate homes on 1+ acres, I would recommend Woodland Waters, Lake in the Woods, or River Country. If you'd prefer golf-course communities, places like GlenLakes, Silverthorn, or Hernando Oaks are very nice. Outside of deed-restricted areas, Royal Highlands has lots of new construction (some on as-yet unpaved roads). What specifically are you looking for? The area is currently saturated with motivated sellers (as of today there are 3987 Single Family Residences for sale in Hernando County MLS System) and there are some great deals to be found. The commute wouldn't really be that bad at all to Trinity - hop on the Suncoast Parkway heading south, then west on 54. Google Maps puts the commute at "about 48 minutes) from the center of Brooksville to the center of Trinity. A significant amount of that time is spent off the Parkway - so your commute would be highly influenced by how close your start & destination is to the on-ramp. Only about 20 minutes of that would actually be spent on the highway. It's a great area with great hospitals and excellent schools. If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or PM me - whatever your preference.

Josh

Old 09-20-2006, 06:49 AM

238 posts, read 607,156 times
but josh failed to mention that the suncoast backs up bumper to bumper at peak times . so it is not all sunshine ! after you get off the veterens you have 3 lanes of traffic trying to get into this same area. i have lived here my whole life , i know of what i speak- that will be the commute from hell!not to mention its also a toll , look at about 4.00 a day to ride it.

Old 09-20-2006, 01:26 PM

6 posts, read 27,337 times
Josh also fails to tell you WHY there are so many motivated sellers and good deals. It's because of the insurance crisis in Pasco, Hernando, and Citrus Counties. Due diligence and homework would be your first order of the day. Check out homeowners insurance rates before you buy anything on the west coast of florida. We are being financially raped. Your first year may not be bad, but beware the bait & switch. My insurance nightmare: My $154,000.00 home in 2004 was insured at $700.00. 2005 - 1,128.00, 2006 -$2,236.00 and come December 2006 for the 2007 year - 3,186.00. Be very careful before moving to Florida, because other counties are following suit with this insurance crisis. You may be able to afford the insurance now, but two years from now????? Your guess is as good as mine. Our elected officials are not taking this crisis very seriously, so we see no relief on the horizon.

Old 10-24-2006, 10:56 AM

198 posts, read 871,928 times
Just a FYI - The suncoast parkway is an extension of the existing vetrans expressway that was completed in Feb 2001. Currently, the suncoast parkway is mostly a commuters road with maximum traffic southbound in the morning and northbound in the afternoon. The traffic while heavy at times, is never bumper to bumper.

The veterans expressway is a toll road starting at hillsborough ave going north to meet the suncoast parkway. Unlike the suncoast, the traffic on the veterans expressway during commuter hours is bumper to bumper, especially where it ends into 60/memorial highway.

Since the original poster said trinity, they would not even be going that far south to hit the veterans expressway, so why try to scare them?
I travel everyday from spring hill to clearwater on the suncoast/veterans and yes some days the drive is rough, but I adjust my schedule so I am not on the road during peak times....

I would also agree about the insurance, as it has gone up quite a bit in the last several years..

PS, it only costs 2.00 to ride the suncoast from brooksville to SR54. And it is only 3.75 from brooksville to Tampa airport, and if you have SUNPASS, you can save .50 cents on the anderson and bearss toll plazas. (These amounts are for a one way trip, double them for a round trip)

Old 10-24-2006, 01:15 PM

34 posts, read 324,151 times
Is this the same brooksville that is by wildwood??

Old 10-25-2006, 05:49 AM

198 posts, read 871,928 times
Brooksville in on starte road 50, west of I-75.
Wildwood is near I-75 and I-4.
They are ~52 miles apart. If that fits your definition of "by" then I would say yes....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or