U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 12:34 PM

75 posts, read 315,280 times

Advertisements

Excuse me? Jealousy has nothing to do with it. Just stating the facts. If you have a problem with what I wrote you must be scared or part of the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2007, 12:40 PM

20 posts, read 107,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSD101 View Post
Excuse me? Jealousy has nothing to do with it. Just stating the facts. If you have a problem with what I wrote you must be scared or part of the problem.

Naah, you're jealous. I calls them as I sees them. Here's to hoping your trailer gets blown away.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:41 PM

251 posts, read 807,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Don't be jealous of people that can afford one of those fancy a$$ condos.... jealousy will get you know here.
I for one am not jealous of big money Condo's I just HATE that those "fancy" ...or as I choose to call them, God Awful Ugly Monstrosities and Greed ridden owners have destroyed Florida's coastline! I too agree they would look better as reefs! I miss driving the coast of Florida and actually being able to "see" the water and stay a little mom & pop hotels like the one my great-aunt owned in Hollywood Florida where my parents were married years ago. Now all you see is "Condo's" cluttering the waterways and "private" beaches!

Old 02-23-2007, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineState View Post
I for one am not jealous of big money Condo's I just HATE that those "fancy" ...or as I choose to call them, God Awful Ugly Monstrosities and Greed ridden owners have destroyed Florida's coastline! I too agree they would look better as reefs! I miss driving the coast of Florida and actually being able to "see" the water and stay a little mom & pop hotels like the one my great-aunt owned in Hollywood Florida where my parents were married years ago. Now all you see is "Condo's" cluttering the waterways and "private" beaches!

Those motels are junk. Like Florida's coastline looked better with seedy motels.

Last edited by Yac; 02-24-2007 at 06:16 AM.. Reason: Offensive

Old 02-23-2007, 12:45 PM

I used to live in a beachfront motel that got converted into a condo. I lived in that old musty motel building for 5 years, now I live in a hi-rise, take it from someone who knows firsthand the motels are musty rattraps cluttering the beaches.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:58 PM

251 posts, read 807,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gross Rexman View Post
Those motels are junk, as for the hi-rise condos you're just jealous you can't afford one. Like Florida's coastline looked better with seedy motels.
You have no idea of my net worth! Maybe I choose to spend my wealth on better things than an overpriced apartments with people above, below, and on each side of me! I believe THAT is a wast of money! The only reason people buy high priced Condo's on the waterfront is to "tell" everyone they own. My husband is contractor for those mega-condo's and just finished a 2200 sq foot Condo on Sand Key in Clearwater 17th floor to the tune of 2 million. What a waste of money! 2 million for 2200 sq feet and it's not even a house with a yard! PLEASE!
As for those small mom and pop hotels they are the "REAL" FLorida when people were nice to one another and it wasn't about how much money you have or do not have. I traveled the entire coastline of Florida staying in those little hotels, some bed and breakfast and had a wonderful time and met wonderful people. Not stuffy rich people who only talk about what they have!

Old 02-23-2007, 01:07 PM

Donts makes funz of mize trailerz. Yuns here!!! Iz just put an addition ons it!

Old 02-23-2007, 01:10 PM

Quote:
You have no idea of my net worth! Maybe I choose to spend my wealth on better things than an overpriced apartments with people above, below, and on each side of me! I believe THAT is a wast of money! The only reason people buy high priced Condo's on the waterfront is to "tell" everyone they own. My husband is contractor for those mega-condo's and just finished a 2200 sq foot Condo on Sand Key in Clearwater 17th floor to the tune of 2 million. What a waste of money! 2 million for 2200 sq feet and it's not even a house with a yard! PLEASE!
As for those small mom and pop hotels they are the "REAL" FLorida when people were nice to one another and it wasn't about how much money you have or do not have. I traveled the entire coastline of Florida staying in those little hotels, some bed and breakfast and had a wonderful time and met wonderful people. Not stuffy rich people who only talk about what they have!

My post did nothing to question your net worth. It did nothing to boast of mine neither, in fact my stating that I lived in a old motel building (during my younger leaner years--1 room, 300 sq. feet, window box AC no heat) kinda shows I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth, it was the only way I could (barely)afford to live on the beach back then. That condo your hubby's working on is SAND KEY, you see LOCATION is everything. Not everyone gives a crap about having a back yard, many want a nice place on the coastline. If you think people buy waterfront condos to show off, not because they like the beach or because it's a prime investment, then you got yourself quite the inferiority complex. I don't say that people with big back yards are trying to show off their wealth, why are waterfront condos any different?

Old 02-23-2007, 01:30 PM

What a spin artist. You should go work for Bush!!

Old 02-23-2007, 01:37 PM

15,130 posts, read 31,043,701 times
Quote:
I miss all those little mom-and-pop motels and business, too! Along with the neat old "Florida Attractions" we used to have in the days before the fancy theme parks! It used to be such a laid-back, beautiful Florida in my youth. Even my little rural town is changing and getting built up. It's just a matter of time before it all catches up to where I currently live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or