Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2006, 09:18 PM

128 posts, read 639,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboosmom
I am in Punta Gorda and I just lowered my home by $40K. I am not going any lower. The house has been totally remodeled and is below market value now.
Homes are selling here for more than that, so I will hold firm on the price.
You can't just give away your home at whatever price the seller wants it for.
Plain and simple.
well, obviously potential buyers are not happy with the prices in Punta Gorda if you do not have a buyer yet and even lowered your price $40,000! Plain and simple. You see....us Floridians DO need to lower our prices in order to sell our homes!!! Can't be greedy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2006, 06:59 AM

810 posts, read 3,292,561 times
The builder that built our house in Michigan moved to Florida after the 2004 hurricanes. He was there mainly to help rebuild the hardest hit areas. After a while he realized the money to be made in Florida so he got his builder's license. Most of his crew is in Florida and a smaller crew remains in Michigan.

He said big home building companies basically drives the prices of homes in Florida. Many of them dropped the prices of spec homes more than $40,000 and included a lot of upgrades. If sellers are in the same subdivision competing with the builder selling specs, it will be difficult.

Another thing is the house insurance...there are a lot of horror stories out there on what's covered and what's not. I suspected it's the media driving those fears.

People might need to hold on to their house a little longer till the market comes back.

Old 06-29-2006, 07:47 AM

85 posts, read 565,633 times
Default Everybody can say my house is not selling because the interest rates are going up.

I have bought and sold many homes myself and we all think our house is a pot of gold and it should sell right away. Not so, We must remeber that when a person is looking to buy a home they are going to buy a home that they see fit for them not you. The buyer will be looking for a home that has a floor plan that fits there needs, property and area they will enjoy going home to on a daily basis and they are only going to purchase your home if it is what they are looking for on the exterior and interior so don't feel bad that it is taking so long to sell your home. I have had a new home on the market for 1 year before it sold ( the right person that liked every thing about my home finally came along and bought it.) Remeber most home buyers looking to buy a home are looking to spend a lot of money and they want to purchase a home they want not the home someone else wants them to buy.

Old 06-29-2006, 04:07 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,666,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeprincess
We put our house up for sale on April and yet, no one buy our house. It is getting worse now because of less showing. We switched to a different agency and still, nothing change. I thought maybe there's something wrong with my house, but I realized there aren't anything wrong with it after I did an extensive research on my neighborhood.
Ever hear of a housing bubble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candler Homes
Sales have slowed as quite a few investors are dumping properties to cash out. Rates actually fell slightly this week, and the overflux of inventory should begin to shake out later this year. 2006 apparently is still on track to being the 3rd highest home sales year, regardless of the slow down.
And you wouldn't happen to have a vested interest in this would you? LOL!!
Can you say POP!!!!?? Keep on believing your theory.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candler Homes
One other note on price checking.
zillow is crap!! My friends house in California just sold for 100,000 less than what zillow said it was worth. It was on the market 6 months. 2800 square feet and only 3 years old.

Quote:
that does make alot of sense. I wouldn't count on their opinions. It is all basically up to the people of the country, not their studies.
OMG!! It's called common sense that the bubble is about to burst!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckysnap
All they can do is post Hurricane Scare articles!
People aren't buying homes because their incomes can't keep up with the prices. So many people got in with creative financing and it's starting to come back and bite them in the rear now!! When people are buying 400,000 homes with and income of 35,000 and no money down.....something is wrong!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie8689
We are relocating and have been working on getting a rental at this point.
Finally!! A smart person!!

Quote:
Hey Jackie,
if you do wait too long you may be out of luck.
NO, she's going to get the home of her dreams for alot less!!!

Quote:
Well, now I heard that the prices aren't going lower here by me.
Where in the world do you get your information? Realtors or homebuilders?

Quote:
hmm, I know that only the original list price comes up on the MLS. I will ask my realtor about this. It's just now our home is so much lower than the other homes that don't even have what my home has...hmmm
if somebody wants instant equity, then my home may be the one for them.
EQuity???? For how long? That is the question. I have a really interesting and informative website for you. It's housing bubble . com!

Quote:
Ya know, if everybody keeps going lower the buyers are just gonna expect to get a cheaper home. If people stick to their guns and just wait for the right person to come along it would benefit all the sellers.
unfortunately the people who took out adjustables can't hold out..they can't afford the home anymore now that their adjustment is coming due. Ever look up how many foreclosures are in your area> I think you would be astonished!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels36
No city was given a 100%.
Texas is doing well because homes are still affordable...in fact they have been undervalued for some time. People are moving here in droves from California and Florida. I moved here (Texas)from San Diego 7 years ago when I could see what was starting to happen. My friends who still live there (SD) and bought can't afford anything but their mortgage ...barely.

Last edited by Marka; 06-30-2006 at 01:22 AM.. Reason: merged

Old 06-29-2006, 04:53 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,556,457 times
Well if you do your homework you wouldn't be asking those questions.
It was on the news the other night here. Go to this website Winktv.com
and look it up.
You don't know what my home has in it and the price is right. The homes here are selling and at higher prices.
Do your homework!!! Here in Charlotte County our homes too have been undervalued. We are still affordable compared to Tampa, Orlando, Naples, Sarasota, Jax...should I go on?
So, please don't think that I am being mean but these are the facts here in my area. The homes are gorgeous, mine is ready for a buyer to just put his butt on a float and relax in the pool!!! Nothing to do to it for at least 15 years. Everything we updated is high quality, so the equity is here and now. In the next few years it will only gain more equity. If someone is smart they would buy a home that has the same quality upgrades as mine. There are many here!!!!!
The BUBBLE is still floatin' down here It has been taking about 90 days to sell the homes in my community, but they are selling.

Remember this, there is a butt for every seat LOL

Last edited by bamboosmom; 06-29-2006 at 05:17 PM..

Old 06-29-2006, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Well if you do your homework you wouldn't be asking those questions.
It was on the news the other night here. Go to this website Winktv.com
and look it up.
You don't know what my home has in it and the price is right. The homes here are selling and at higher prices.
Do your homework!!! Here in Charlotte County our homes too have been undervalued. We are still affordable compared to Tampa, Orlando, Naples, Sarasota, Jax...should I go on?
So, please don't think that I am being mean but these are the facts here in my area. The homes are gorgeous, mine is ready for a buyer to just put his butt on a float and relax in the pool!!! Nothing to do to it for at least 15 years. Everything we updated is high quality, so the equity is here and now. In the next few years it will only gain more equity. If someone is smart they would buy a home that has the same quality upgrades as mine. There are many here!!!!!
The BUBBLE is still floatin' down here It has been taking about 90 days to sell the homes in my community, but they are selling.

Remember this, there is a butt for every seat LOL
Obviously i struck a nerve. Sorry. I have done my homework.......I was being sarcastic when I asked if you got your info from a realtor or home builder.
I really do hope you sell your home soon. Are you leaving the area by any chance....or buying another home there?

Old 06-29-2006, 06:13 PM

No harm done, it's just true Our area sits between overpriced areas and we are up and coming. Yup, people are lowering their home prices but we are still seeing home sales and prices that are still on the rise. That is what is happening here. Quite a few homes just sold and alot are pending. They were listed before mine and on the market for about 90 days.
We are relocating due to our business transfer, we want to come down in the winter though. We are also buying a motorhome!!!
Ah, the best of both worlds

Old 06-29-2006, 06:21 PM

Quote:
No harm done, it's just true Our area sits between overpriced areas and we are up and coming. Yup, people are lowering their home prices but we are still seeing home sales and prices that are still on the rise. That is what is happening here. Quite a few homes just sold and alot are pending. They were listed before mine and on the market for about 90 days.
We are relocating due to our business transfer, we want to come down in the winter though. We are also buying a motorhome!!!
Ah, the best of both worlds
Well good luck to you. But I still say whoever buys in Florida now will be hurting in a couple years if they plan to sell. The fundamentals are there.

Old 06-29-2006, 06:24 PM

Nay Nay!!! Just gotta go to the right county!!!!!!

Old 06-29-2006, 06:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,076 times
its not a good move to buy now.people are just money hungry,everyone wants top dollar but aren;t getting it cause of property taxes also.That gos by the purchase price of the home not what the owner is paying now....plus the more in the area the more money you spend when theres nothing around the cheaper the homes are...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida