Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 04:49 PM

670 posts, read 1,735,229 times

Advertisements

Jeez, Guys....
Seriously.
What? You actually believe that this did not happen in the US in the 1950s?
Or 1930s for that matter?
Pleeeease
-
By the way, look at any serious sex study. Male virginity before 1940 was almost non-existent past 14.
And bestiality in rural areas is a lot more common than we care to believe, now and 60 years ago.
And everything I point out above is for the entire US.
This "it's a FL problem" is nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 04:53 PM

558 posts, read 1,827,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbravo View Post
It's more of a "it's the weird people that move to Florida" problem.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:31 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,322,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
Don't believe everything (in fact, anything) you read in the Orlando Sentinel. They would slander Pixie Dust if they thought it would sell copies. Use that worthless rag to line a bird cage and read the funnies. Period.

Florida does have a problem with this more so than most states.

People in this state need to stop rallying the troops to protect, cover up the messes in this state and start cleaning house. If there is a forum that folks prefer to say "look this state,politician is worse than ours" its Florida .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeland Yankee View Post
It's more of a "it's the weird people that move to Florida" problem.

That makes sense but if you look at those arrested most are Florida born and raised natives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeland Yankee View Post
It is a very serious problem here in Florida. I'd be curious on how many are Florida natives, my guess would be not very many, but I have no clue. Does anyone know?

I'll probably get flamed for this but I'm sure many are thinking the same thing....................I wish I had a teacher like this back when I was in school Debra Lafave: Crossing the line - Dateline NBC .

I can almost hear the Van Halen song 'Hot For Teacher' playing in the background........

There you go Debra Lafave a proud Florida native right there .

Last edited by Keeper; 11-17-2008 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: same poster/info

Old 11-17-2008, 06:44 PM

727 posts, read 1,829,635 times
Quote:
Jeez, Guys....
Seriously.
Pleeeease
-
By the way, look at any serious sex study. Male virginity before 1940 was almost non-existent past 14.
And bestiality in rural areas is a lot more common than we care to believe, now and 60 years ago.

Please show me a state with more instances than FL. I can GUARANTEE that there isnt one state with more cases.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:45 PM

727 posts, read 1,829,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
That makes sense but if you look at those arrested most are Florida born and raised natives.
^^^ HAHAHA, that's the funniest thing I've heard!

Old 11-17-2008, 07:24 PM

464 posts, read 1,735,186 times
Quote:
Jeez, Guys....
Seriously.
Pleeeease
-
Sexuality confusion, Sexual Predatory behaviour, casual Sexual hedonism, and general Sexual Immorality....is indeed a national problem. In fact its a runaway Train that keeps getting fueled and even our Government is powerless to slow it. There is no sense of sacredness to sex anymore...in fact, there is no sacredness to anything anymore. Its everyone doing what they think is 'right' in their own mind (America imploding on itself).

Old 11-17-2008, 07:38 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,840,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornInFL View Post
OMG! 150 teachers in FL involved in sexual misconduct. This is a big FL problem, I know it happened in other states, but FL has a BIG problem. We look ridiculous on the news, I'm sorry. Sometimes I am disappointed and other times just embarrassed about how often FL is in the headlines.

I cant imagine what I would do if I found out a teacher fondled my child. If anyone gets the Orlando Sentinel, read it. They said the major problem areas in FL were Tampa areas, and of course, S FL. But Central FL, (or maybe it was the Orlando metro area, I cant remember exactly), had 34 I think.
As someone that is seriously considering a teaching degree ( classes start in January ) I find this very upsetting and wonder if that will affect peoples mindsets towards teachers in Florida.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:57 PM

33 posts, read 121,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post
As someone that is seriously considering a teaching degree ( classes start in January ) I find this very upsetting and wonder if that will affect peoples mindsets towards teachers in Florida.

This is very upsetting! As a teacher, I seriously think this will affect the way parents see us as teachers. I think this creates a distrust on parents and everybody else towards teachers as a whole. These are the kind of people that ruin it for all of us!

I wonder what problems would I encounter since I'm applying at Florida schools.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:38 AM

807 posts, read 3,173,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
Don't believe everything (in fact, anything) you read in the Orlando Sentinel. They would slander Pixie Dust if they thought it would sell copies. Use that worthless rag to line a bird cage and read the funnies. Period.
This is exactly what I was thinking when I saw this thread!

Now we have a new Florida bashing thread...isn't this nice? You all know "Smilin' Bob" was convicted of misleading and false advertisements, so that can only mean that all businessmen in Ohio are liars and cheats. How embarassing for the entire state. Ohio is responsible and should be ridiculed and cast out.

We're all Americans and this problem has no state lines folks! Crime is NOT a state related issue. Any one who wants to stand back and say something as stupid as "your state has more of those criminals than our state!" is not willing to be part of the solution. Pull your head out of the sand. Hence my distaste for the illustrious Orlando Sentinel: "the home of irresponsible journalism".

Old 11-18-2008, 11:52 AM

1,555 posts, read 4,135,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornInFL View Post
OMG! 150 teachers in FL involved in sexual misconduct.
Although reading through some of the actual incidents, do we all agree that all of those things should be considered misconduct? I sure do not.

If we compare this to similar investigations with similar population densities, I wonder if there are similar percentages for "misconduct" involving things like reading material, making jokes, etc.

Also, let us note that there's quite a difference between "disciplined" and "arrested".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida