U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 02:14 PM

58 posts, read 59,097 times

Advertisements

"Seven people were shot and wounded after a fight inside a Pompano Beach strip club led to a shooting..."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...a-news-broward

Unfortunately this is not an isolated incident - these types of things happen all the time in this area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
When I leave, it will be because I don't want to raise a family in this environment (all of this happened this week in the Tampa Bay Area, with the exception of the Key West Story):

KEY WEST A Texas tourist was gang-raped in Old Town early Friday as she walked home from a Duval Street bar, police say. The woman told police a Center Street resident looked out a window, closed the blinds and ignored her screams for help as a half-dozen men fought over "who was going to next."
http://www.keysnews.com/

Tampa man approaches teenager at bus stop; rapes her
http://bn9.com/content/36/2007/2/24/...aping+teenager

13 year-old boy abducted from bus stop at gunpoint
http://bn9.com/content/36/2007/2/24/225971.html?title=Manhunt+ongoing+for+teen's+abduc tor

Man attacked after telling driver to slow down
http://bn9.com/content/36/2007/2/23/226055.html

Woman passes out with baby in car
http://bn9.com/content/36/2007/2/23/225888.html

Middle School Principal arrested after buying crack from cop in his office during school hours
http://bn9.com/content/36/2007/2/22/225773.html

Palm Harbor, Florida -- A student on her way to the bus stop is almost abducted by a stranger who tried to lure her into his car.
http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=49820 (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2007, 02:35 PM

11 posts, read 27,571 times
Default For those of you who hate Florida

Why have a thread about hating Florida?

After all, you chose to come here.

You are welcome to leave. No, make that "encouraged" to leave and tell all of your friends how bad it is here to live and to never move here- so the rest of us can have our friendly Florida back.

Florida... it used to be a friendly and beautiful place. That is, until the Florida haters arrived and brought their negativity, sarcasm, mum faces, high taxes, foul mouths, complaining vomet, crime, and overregulation with them.

If you want to be negative, call in to New Jersey 101.5 and commiserate with those complainers and leave us native or true-to-Florida transplant Floridians alone.

After all, sticking around Florida is the opposite of what you Florida haters should do if you want to help to restore Florida to its true benevolent wonderful place.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:09 PM

540 posts, read 1,122,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gross Rexman View Post
What is it that keeps you here in Florida? When do you plan on moving? Will you be leaving because of the state itself, or will you be moving to seek an improved social or professional life?
What has kept me in Florida is my family, but now that my mother has passed, I can leave and not feel guilty.
I plan on moving in aprox. two years, I want to finish school. I really never thought I would leave, but it is getting unbearable. The heat, traffic congestion, too many people, taxes & homeowners ins, hurricanes, the schools are not that great, at least where I am. No change of seasons for so long, it will be a shock at first.
The people here can be quite ungenuine, so many people move here (run away) to get away from their pasts. I would hopefully like to meet a good, decent, down to earth man wherever I move.
Just in case, maybe I should lease out my house for awhile to make sure, I have heard from other people that it is hard to leave Florida. Rents around here are going for 1100-1600 for a 3br/2ba, I could keep my house and rent one somewhere else too.

Old 02-27-2007, 09:14 AM

60 posts, read 194,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontarazi View Post
"Seven people were shot and wounded after a fight inside a Pompano Beach strip club led to a shooting..."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...a-news-broward

Unfortunately this is not an isolated incident - these types of things happen all the time in this area.

Yeah, that doesnt happen anywhere else in this Country....yall need to grow up!

Old 02-27-2007, 10:23 AM

65 posts, read 365,203 times
I was transferred here as part of my work. I do not like the way people are so rude and the way everyone seems to drive. There is more aggressive driving here than any place else we have lived.

I am looking to get out of this over priced place now and will not look back. It is amazing to me that is that is less expensive to live in many resort towns in the country than it is to live here. The home we moved out of to move here would cost well over twenty million. That is not water front either.

Yes if you shop only at Walmart and Target you can live here. Not that they are bad places to shop. I am not saying that. But if you compare your everyday groceries to to other states it cost considerably more here.

I have been told by people that have lived here for a long time that in the last ten to fifteen years it has become not fum to live here. I believe that. I think it is because all the folks come here seasonally and think that everyone that lives here year round owe them something. Maybe it is because of the way some people tend to get set in their ways as they get older. I don't know. I for one don't care they can have this mess.

As for the person that is gripping above telling everyone to leave.....
No problem, you can have it.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:12 AM

177 posts, read 629,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnut View Post
I was transferred here as part of my work. I do not like the way people are so rude and the way everyone seems to drive. There is more aggressive driving here than any place else we have lived.

I am looking to get out of this over priced place now and will not look back. It is amazing to me that is that is less expensive to live in many resort towns in the country than it is to live here. The home we moved out of to move here would cost well over twenty million. That is not water front either.

Yes if you shop only at Walmart and Target you can live here. Not that they are bad places to shop. I am not saying that. But if you compare your everyday groceries to to other states it cost considerably more here.

I have been told by people that have lived here for a long time that in the last ten to fifteen years it has become not fum to live here. I believe that. I think it is because all the folks come here seasonally and think that everyone that lives here year round owe them something. Maybe it is because of the way some people tend to get set in their ways as they get older. I don't know. I for one don't care they can have this mess.

As for the person that is gripping above telling everyone to leave.....
No problem, you can have it.
$20,000,000? Where is this house and how big is it?
If you hate it so much, you probably should leave. I don't know where you originally came from but there are a great many places in the country that are more expensive to live in than Florida.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:16 AM

4,723 posts, read 12,399,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by watsont3 View Post
A house with 3-5 bedrooms in an average to low-crime neighborhood for 50K? Good luck in finding one that doesn't need major repairs or renovations.

I have lived in West Virginia, Morgantown area...I don't even know if you could get a trailer there for 50K now...

Old 02-27-2007, 12:09 PM

65 posts, read 365,203 times
Well it was just over 10,000 sq ft under air, just over 15 under roof. IT is a very nice home. It cost about $1.4 on an acre of land. The home was newly built when we moved in.

I am not saying that Florida is the worse place to live, We just don't like it here. No big deal, Florida will get along just fine without us. I am not worried about that. I am sure some people would not live anywhere else. That is why we are all different, right. No problem here, it just does not suit us. To each our own I suppose.

We will not purchase that large a home again, but still would look in the 5-6,000 sq ft range.

We are thinking North Carolina, Virginia or Colorado, somewhere there are more than one season. It was, what 80* here on Christmas morning. Come on no little child wants that. Our children ask where the snow was on Christmas. Not in Florida. I know, I knew that before hand but remember work brought us here.

I have no real animosity with Florida as a whole. It just isn't our cup of tea. That's all.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:39 PM

6,561 posts, read 12,870,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatoRaid View Post
You are welcome to leave. No, make that "encouraged" to leave and tell all of your friends how bad it is here to live and to never move here- so the rest of us can have our friendly Florida back.

After all, sticking around Florida is the opposite of what you Florida haters should do if you want to help to restore Florida to its true benevolent wonderful place.
Try re-reading the thread and ask again why people don't just leave...... It isn't that easy to just up and move like that, and anyone who's ever worked a day in his life, has family and would be required to pay to move, etc. could understand that......

Heck, if it were as easy to just up and move as you suggest it is, wouldn't more people from the Northeast and Midwest have already moved HERE??? Ya know, since it's the paradise that some think it is and they've been getting buried with snow and all.....

Get grounded in reality before giving some half-a$$ed response of "love it or leave it".... It's not that simple....

Old 02-27-2007, 01:13 PM

177 posts, read 629,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
I have lived in West Virginia, Morgantown area...I don't even know if you could get a trailer there for 50K now...

I don't think that you will find a house or trailer in a place that you would want to live for 50K or even 100K.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or