Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 10:00 PM

8 posts, read 39,921 times

Advertisements

In what part of Florida can I find decent condos or single family homes in the $100K or under range? New or newer build would be ideal. Don't want a fixer. If you take map of Florida and draw a horizontal line across the state under Cocoa Beach, that's as far south as I'd like to go, otherwise it's too hot.

I know this is possible in the southwest, but how about FL?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Last edited by oolala; 11-19-2008 at 10:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 10:14 PM

670 posts, read 1,742,779 times
Southwest Fl.
Cape Coral vicinity.
Newer homes foreclosure sales under 70K.
There was even a smallish 1200sq/ft that was scheduled to close for mid 40s according to newspaper.
-
But there are no jobs.
-
I'm sure someone else will provide the link to recent articles, if not I'll dig it up.
-

Old 11-20-2008, 04:38 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,635,632 times
In my area we have some SFH's built in 2004 with about 1200 sq ft in decent nieghborhoods going around $90,000.
Of course if you also look at older homes you can find some out there in the $40's.

Keep in mind that even though the overall market is slow, when one of the real bargains comes on the market it does go fast. I have seen them with 3 offers in less than 2 days.

Cocoa Beach is just a little further south of us but we are on the west coast.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:46 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,915,473 times
There are lots of them in North Port (Sarasota county) but that's SW FL.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:05 AM

1,555 posts, read 4,148,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oolala View Post
In what part of Florida can I find decent condos or single family homes in the $100K or under range? New or newer build would be ideal. Don't want a fixer. If you take map of Florida and draw a horizontal line across the state under Cocoa Beach, that's as far south as I'd like to go, otherwise it's too hot.

I'd imagine you could find that just about anywhere. I just tried now putting in this criteria in realtor.com:

Price Range - $30k to $100k ($30k for a lower range is to help filter out the rentals and timeshares that otherwise sometimes sneak in)

Single Family Homes or Condos/Townhouses/Co-Ops

Minimum Square Footage: 1200

Age of Home: 0 - 10 years

And I got:

64 near Pensacola
52 near Tallahassee
145 near Gainesville
100 near Jacksonville
155 near Daytona Beach
108 near Ocala
etc.

You'd obviously want to give more limiting criteria in that search--maybe more square footage, specify the number of bedrooms, etc. (and that's not including anything that's over 100k--I'd imagine that even up to 110k might be okay with you, so you'd have to limit the criteria even more).

There could be some overlap in those results, as when you select a wider area on the realtor.com it doesn't always figure the mileage correctly, but many of them are going to be unique.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:20 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,450,461 times
Quote:

In Jacksonville...

You can find some newer condos for $100k in Jax right now (unheard of not long ago). If you can afford $120k, it really opens up some nice possibilities. Even $120k isn't going to buy you luxury here, but it would get you a better location (the ones @ $100k are generally not going to be in the most convenient areas).

Old 11-22-2008, 07:26 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,838 times
Palm Coast has loads of new and newer homes that were bought as investments and flips a the height of the market and are now for sale. Some even have pools.

If you consider this area, however, make sure you have a job first- they are hard to come by.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:33 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,557,279 times
The Pinehills section of Orlando Florida.

Old 11-22-2008, 04:53 PM

464 posts, read 1,741,374 times
Quote:

Crestview, Fl in the Panhandle, just east of Pensacola. Brand new 2 bedroom Townhome, very nice area, at Eagle River (or Ridge ?) Complex. $99,000 . There are tons of good used homes in this area for under $100 k. if you go to www.realtor.com and www.trulia.com then enter 'Crestview, or 'Baker' or 'Pace' , Fl. Im moving there from Illinois and just bought a house near Crestview. Got a decent 3 bedroom , 2 bath, on an acre of land way out in the woods... for $58,000 ! Good luck. By the way, the Panhandle is much cooler and close to super nice beaches. Strong Christian area where people love God. Exactly what i wanted.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:24 AM

1,555 posts, read 4,148,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDeDo View Post
Strong Christian area where people love God. Exactly what i wanted.
I'd probably be hung from an oak tree there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida