U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 06:09 PM

1,999 posts, read 6,179,792 times
Question What is the friendliest area/city in Florida?

St. Pete, from what I am reading on this board, seems to be the winner so far...but I surely could be wrong on that one (I haven't read every post, obviously, on this board).
What is the friendliest area or city in Florida? One that accepts outsiders happily?
I am guessing it will be on the Gulf side?
How about Jacksonville or St. Augustine?
Just what is the friendliest area or city in your State?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 06:38 PM

803 posts, read 1,888,471 times
I'm unaware of any 'friendly city' contests in Fl. or anywhere else...or is this to be a popularity contest (as I am quite sure it will become)

I'm sorry but these threads don't make much sense to me

Old 11-20-2008, 08:43 PM

557 posts, read 1,115,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
Just what is the friendliest area or city in your State?
According to Florida Monthly it is a toss up between Islamorada (Monroe County) and High Springs (Alachua County) ~ High Springs Herald for friendliest small town.

Welcome to High Springs Chamber of Commerce

Welcome to The Islamorada Chamber of Commerce - 1-800-FAB-KEYS - Sport Fishing Capital of the World

Old 11-20-2008, 10:35 PM

259 posts, read 478,138 times
I vote Tallahassee

Old 11-20-2008, 10:49 PM

14,243 posts, read 11,116,048 times
Everyone's been friendly to me here in Miami.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:17 AM

5,974 posts, read 3,044,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Everyone's been friendly to me here in Miami.
I agree the Miami metro area is the most enjoyable area of Florida.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:19 AM

1,556 posts, read 2,571,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by On-da-Beach View Post
I'm unaware of any 'friendly city' contests in Fl. or anywhere else...or is this to be a popularity contest (as I am quite sure it will become)

I'm sorry but these threads don't make much sense to me
Sane here. Among the many problems, they seem to ignore that cities are made up of a collection of individuals, and all those individuals have unique personalities. It's not like we're in a Stepford Wives/Invasion of the Body Snatchers/etc. film.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:21 AM

9,827 posts, read 15,296,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten_Udder View Post
Sane here. Among the many problems, they seem to ignore that cities are made up of a collection of individuals, and all those individuals have unique personalities. It's not like we're in a Stepford Wives/Invasion of the Body Snatchers/etc. film.
Couldn't have said it better, myself. Plus we all have different experiences and therefore have a different frame of reference so answers about places will never be consistent.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:15 AM

557 posts, read 1,115,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
How about Jacksonville or St. Augustine?
I would have to vote for Jacksonville Florida. Very friendly, warm, welcoming, and helpful people. I love the "Bold New City of the South".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten_Udder View Post
Sane here. [Really? You had me fooled, lol] Among the many problems, they seem to ignore that cities are made up of a collection of individuals, and all those individuals have unique personalities. It's not like we're in a Stepford Wives/Invasion of the Body Snatchers/etc. film.
There's nothing wrong with wanting to know what areas are friendly. I think it's a very valid question.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:32 AM

1,556 posts, read 2,571,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeland Yankee View Post
There's nothing wrong with wanting to know what areas are friendly.
There's nothing wrong with wanting to know anything, including how many angels can fit on the head of a pin. It's just that sometimes what we want to know isn't something we can know, and we often have to make adjustments in the questions we're asking if we want to produce answers that are not simply arbitrary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida