U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 04:18 PM

2,909 posts, read 12,963,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurphy View Post
BEING THERE

and

LIVING THERE

are NOT THE SAME.

PA is HOT and HUMID JUST LIKE FLORIDA.

It's just for a SHORTER PERIOD OF TIME.

It's not that hard to understand.

Florida has 10 (or whatever) months of heat/humidity.

Georgia has 9.

Carolinas have 6-8.

Virginia has 5.

PA has 4.

See? But they're all hot and sticky...

Ok im not gonna argue. Ill deal with four miserable months in Oil City over 10 in south Florida. Cant wait to get outta here, weather is still good in Oil City at 64 degrees. Maybe ill have enough money to move in September to get away from the miserable 10 month south Florida summers You live in PA and are enjoying nice weather
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2007, 05:17 PM

142 posts, read 528,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iriegirl View Post
Hi all,
Just returned after a few weeks in Florida,and had a wonderful time.
We were in the Keys, made our way across the everglades (on the Tamiami Trail...Great road, saw lots of gators!), stayed in Ft.Myers Beach, went to St.Augustine,and ended up in Hanna Park in Jax. Perfect weather all along, loved the Keys and St.Aug. Saw many concrete plants, so DH would prob. not have trouble getting work. We'd consider moving now, but such a bad time to sell, it seems we'll have to hang out here in NJ for a while longer.

I know we still haven't been there in the summer, when the heat is worst, but I do love going to Florida, its like a different country,especially in the Keys. It's so easy to get there too, and we took the dogs in the RV, they had a great time swimming in the gulf and the ocean, and so did we. Hanna Park was like heaven, not many people there, and lovely,long beaches.
just wanted to update you, and add some positive thoughts on Florida.

Came home 4 days ago,and it was still COLD here at the Jersey shore. I had a hard time thinking of still living here, but we are def. considering moving to Fl. when the time is right. I know what you all say about your state,
the crowds, the high costs, low pay, the weather extremes, and out-of control growth, ...
But that is exactly what we have been dealing with up here for many years now, and this will probably happen anywhere people are going to move to ,for better weather, and other personal reasons.
Thanks for all the good ideas, and info. ...I loved it down there, and I think lots of you just take it for granted, rightly so.

You're right about that last part. Familiarity breeds contempt and absense makes the heart grow fonder.. no doubt.. Many of the folks who move, end up missing it. Myself included. Instead of moving completly in 1999, I rented my home out and tried NEPA for 2 years. I couldn't take the winters.

As we get older, extremes in temp. bother us more (at least most people). You should, however, try a summer before moving. Summer starts April 1st and ends Nov. 15th here (in case you were wondering)..

Old 03-25-2007, 06:09 PM

156 posts, read 663,817 times
Thanks In2dadark,
I agree about familiarity... and also about getting older and being bothered more about extremes in temps.
I would love to rent out my home eventually,and rent in Fl before buying.
And def. will go in the summer to see if the heat is too oppresive. Here in Nj, the summers have gotten hotter,and the bugs buggier,( i live next to a lake,)and I spend most of the time indoors anyway, so I'd prob do the same there anyway.
So, are you a snowbird now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida