U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2007, 08:07 AM

13,382 posts, read 40,853,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemom View Post
! BUT - you don't hear of any Golden Retrievers mauling anyone do you??
I certainly have heard of them biting.
I think ANY dog, no matter what breed or size, can be unpredictable, especially Back Yard Breeder dogs.
Minniemom, I certainly understand and respect your concern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2007, 09:32 AM

267 posts, read 1,043,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
I certainly have heard of them biting.
I think ANY dog, no matter what breed or size, can be unpredictable, especially Back Yard Breeder dogs.
Minniemom, I certainly understand and respect your concern.
cil, I do think any dog is capeable of biting, but I just mean that it is alot more probable that a Pit will bite and do much more harm, if not kill, than say.. a golden.

Old 03-11-2007, 10:18 AM

14,505 posts, read 23,726,242 times
Smile Thanks wolftrax-nice post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftraxs View Post
Hi everyone: I saw this post and had to say something. All Creatures regardless of where they came from or by whom, ARE IMPORTANT if they were not they wouldn't be here. We as humans are no less and no more important than any other animal. If we attack and hurt another person we are liable just as is an animal. The only difference between animals and humans is we can speak in order to communicate. Animals are no different then humans there are no two animals regarless of the breed that are the same they each have their own personality and there own thought process.
Just as each individual human does. We do not know what they are thinking we only speculate because it is our OPINION that an animal is or was unprovoked. We do not think like they do so we really cant say whether they were provoked or not. I had to put my cat down His name was Sasparilla he was a Siamese mix he was emotionally upset that a female cat (his sister seperated since kittens) had to move in with us (Friends house lost in a fire) she attacked him twice I boarded him for 3 days at the vets office, and had him fixed while we purchased a kennel for the other cat we would hold her till she was outside or in the kennal and she never was put on the floor she hissed at Sas like she did everyday. He went crazy kept attacking my other cat that had cared for him since he was a kitten (kiss-e-me). I did what I always did after keeping everything and everyone away for a half hour I went to get him and put him in the kennel till he felt more safe. He jumped on my head and gave me one bite laceration and two claw lacerations. Did I provoke him, no. He was upset for another reason, I still had to have him put down not because he did that because he became a danger to both the family and the other animals. It hurt to have to do that but It was what had to be done for the safety of all 13 dogs 3 other cats 6 children and 3 adults. An animal cannot say "hey I don't feel good today please leave me alone" So they use body language. It is not their fault they are what they are, just as it is not our fault we are what we are. But I can say safely, It is our fault they are what they are. Now that they are here we have to take responsability for careing for them and giving them ALL a chance they are not mistakes that we can just erase. But we can control how they are raised and better the chances of less attacks, on humans or animals. Also there are just as many reports, if not more of humans attacking humans then animals attacking humans not to mention we attack in so many different ways we don't just bite or scratch we , rape, stab, hit, kick, bite, throw things, shoot, molest and physically, mentally and emotionally hurt and abuse each other and all other creation. I think if we did to each other what we do to animals when they bite or scratch eventually it would be a good world.

I am so tired of Humans thinking they are more important then anything else in this world.. News Flash We Are NOT!!

A Pit Bull just like any other Animal or Human can be unpredictable! this is the nature that we all share. Stop with the "HUMAN BETTER THAN ANIMAL" , "ANIMAL BETTER THAN HUMAN" GOD, Or as I like to say THE GREAT SPIRIT CREATED ALL THINGS and we should respect THE GREAT SPIRIT by showing respect to all CREATION!

Thats all for now.
My Mom always said animals are God's gift to people. We are supposed to treat them as God's creatures.

I once was at a beauty shop and the parent was letting her five year old drag a dog around the floor on his leash. The woman was extremely ignorant- I told her in this country it is considered animal abuse and she got all freaked out (she was a Russian immigrant, if I recall correctly.) There are alot of selfish uncaring people out there who do NOT teach their kids to respect animals.

sunny.

Old 03-11-2007, 11:13 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,392,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
My Mom always said animals are God's gift to people. We are supposed to treat them as God's creatures.

sunny.
As she shoved the Turkey in the oven on Thanksgiving.

Old 03-11-2007, 11:16 AM

macguy -

while I agree with you on most of your points. I have to ask this regarding your last post. Are you a vegan?

Old 03-11-2007, 12:01 PM

Quote:
macguy -

while I agree with you on most of your points. I have to ask this regarding your last post. Are you a vegan?
A vegetarian for most of my life about 35 years, my wife as well. I am not a fad est I was doing it before people even talked about it. I never preach, talk about it or expect others to live like I live. I do it not because it makes me feel somehow morally superior to not eat animals, I do it because I believe it is a healthier way to eat. I can only speak for myself and my wife but we never get sick and when there is something going around if we get something it lasts like three days while we see friends sick for weeks.

I also exercise everyday, I like the tread mill and hitting the heavy bad and speed bag as well as weights. I guess I do it because I am selfish about my life, it's the only one I have and I would hate to just throw it away. Will it guarantee I will live one day longer, maybe not, but so far I would say I feel like I will be doing pretty much what I want for a long time and not spending my days going from doctor to doctor because of things I did to myself that could have been prevented. I would recommend it to any body to think about, if not becoming a vegetarian at least not making meat the center of their diet.

Last edited by macguy; 03-11-2007 at 12:20 PM..

Old 03-11-2007, 07:28 PM

OK mcguy - no judgement here. I was just wondering because of the turkey comment. LOL. One of my close friends is a 'recent' vegan. One day he stopped eating meat all together, then the next he went to vegan. For myself, I love a good steak. sorry!

Old 03-11-2007, 08:22 PM

I actually am vegetarian; but unfortunately my husband will not hear of it-lol.

Old 03-11-2007, 08:29 PM

Quote:
OK mcguy - no judgement here. I was just wondering because of the turkey comment. LOL. One of my close friends is a 'recent' vegan. One day he stopped eating meat all together, then the next he went to vegan. For myself, I love a good steak. sorry!
If you like steak that's fine but try not to eat a 16 ouncer at one sitting. There are so many foods available meat should really make up the smallest part of our diet and if eliminated all together not even be missed. The hardest part for people is fast food. A lot of people depend on it and it's mostly hamburgers fries and so on, at best a bunch of crap. When you don't eat this kind of stuff it can be hard when your on the go there is nothing for you to eat. You have to carry snack bars or something.

One of my favorites got some face time at the Anna Nicole trial a couple of weeks ago when the lawyer passed out in court. The judge gave him a Luna bar, I love those things. In fact, I'm going to get one right now. You know, anything you can do to improve your diet you will benefit from.
You should just do what you can and not try to be to radical about it. You don't want to set yourself up for failure it needs to be a lifestyle change that will last. It also needs to be a selfish choice.

I like selfish, selfish is good. You can't do anything successfully just to please others, you always have to please yourself first. Ask any kid who ever struggler through college because it was the parents dream. If you want to lose weight it can't be because someone is bugging you about it or you want to please someone, it has to be your choice. It is amazing, once you make up your mind to do something for the right reasons, it becomes easy, anything else can breed resentment and failure.

Last edited by macguy; 03-11-2007 at 09:09 PM..

Old 03-11-2007, 08:59 PM

Macguy, that was very good, and insightful. It is true, the person has to want to do it. So I guess I won't get my husband to give up steak?-lol

sunny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or