Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 06:16 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,089,599 times

Advertisements

I'm looking forward to be fully retired by age 56. I currently have one retirement check coming for the rest of my life, in less than 10 years my mortgage is paid and all my investments will have matured, and a 2nd retirement will start.

I don't foresee needing a lot of perks, actually we are down sizing now, so we don't have to worry about later. The wife will be staying home as soon as the first grandchild is in the horizon. But our son and wife are talking about another 4 or 5 years.

So what is your retirement age?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2007, 12:46 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,319,868 times
Congrats Sunrico, it sounds like you planned well for retirement and you deserve it. Well, my retirement won't be happening any time soon. Actually, I will probably be working until the end. But that's ok cause I enjoy working. Well, maybe I'll retire when my Mom did at the age of 75.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:32 AM

13,396 posts, read 44,884,157 times
Husband and I are 54 and 52.
In order to maintain the style to which we are accustomed (travel, etc) it will be a good 15 years until we retire. I only work part-time though. (Dealing with the household is a full time job for me. )

Old 02-16-2007, 06:15 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,190,237 times
We're retiring in August, just after hubby's 55th b'day. I'll be 52 at the time. We have truly been blessed to be able to do so. Oh, that and a lot of hard work since we were teens helped.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:31 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,319,868 times
Hey guys, we're all around the same age.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:17 PM

Many factors will influence the actual retirement plan as we get closer to our goal. I need to ask do we have a town in Florida that is mostly retirees? Something similar to Sun City Arizona, I know that we have large communitites with retirees, but do we have something similar to Sun City?

Sun City, Arizona . . .
means many things to many people, but all agree it is a place of cleanliness and friendliness, a wide variety of interests and activities, an ideal adult community where all residents can be as active as they wish.

Seven recreation centers,
8 golf courses, 3 country clubs, 2 bowling centers, Sun Bowl, and Viewpoint Lake constitute the largest concentration of year round recreational facilities in the United States.

http://www.suncityaz.org/index.htm (broken link)

Old 02-16-2007, 11:40 PM

159 posts, read 653,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
Many factors will influence the actual retirement plan as we get closer to our goal. I need to ask do we have a town in Florida that is mostly retirees? Something similar to Sun City Arizona, I know that we have large communitites with retirees, but do we have something similar to Sun City?

Sun City, Arizona . . .
means many things to many people, but all agree it is a place of cleanliness and friendliness, a wide variety of interests and activities, an ideal adult community where all residents can be as active as they wish.

Seven recreation centers,
8 golf courses, 3 country clubs, 2 bowling centers, Sun Bowl, and Viewpoint Lake constitute the largest concentration of year round recreational facilities in the United States.

http://www.suncityaz.org/index.htm (broken link)
You're a Floridian and you don't know? I am floored! St. Pete or Palm Coast. Pick one. Or...pick Sun City, AZ. AZ gets darn cold. You should like that.

Old 02-17-2007, 12:24 AM

598 posts, read 2,260,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
do we have something similar to Sun City?
Yup! We have Sun City Center It's just south of Tampa. My folks have lived there for years.

http://www.suncitycenter.com/

Old 02-17-2007, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandShark99 View Post
You're a Floridian and you don't know? I am floored! St. Pete or Palm Coast. Pick one. Or...pick Sun City, AZ. AZ gets darn cold. You should like that.

That is the reason that I asked....god to know, maybe someone else will also benefit of you reply.

Thank you.

Old 02-17-2007, 09:24 AM

26 posts, read 119,290 times
Cool florida bound

my wife and I are both soon to be 54 yo and have decided to cash it all in and retire. we will be in the ocala area in april to look around again. where are the young retirees living? do you still want to work? if so where will you work?

Thanks Bob
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: