U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 10:19 AM

3 posts, read 73,548 times

Advertisements

Good day,

We're heading down to Florida in April for two weeks vacation, and I was curious about the best routes to drive to the above locations.

For Daytona Beach to Ft. Lauderdale, I was wondering about a scenic but not extremely slow route (any tolls involved and their prices?). We'll be driving on a Thursday. Any recommended pitstops on the way?

For Miami to Orlando, I am looking for the a fast route (any tolls/prices?). We'll be driving on a Friday.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2007, 10:35 AM

6,530 posts, read 9,214,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppertoo View Post
Good day,

We're heading down to Florida in April for two weeks vacation, and I was curious about the best routes to drive to the above locations.

For Daytona Beach to Ft. Lauderdale, I was wondering about a scenic but not extremely slow route (any tolls involved and their prices?). We'll be driving on a Thursday. Any recommended pitstops on the way?

For Miami to Orlando, I am looking for the a fast route (any tolls/prices?). We'll be driving on a Friday.

Thanks in advance!
Daytona to Ft Lauderdale I wouldn't imagine much that is "scenic" on that drive.... In fact it's one of the more boring drives you'll ever have IMO.... Take I-95 and just get there..... I suppose you could take US 1, but I can't imagine stoplights every 5 feet and strip malls are your idea of "scenic".....

Miami to Orlando the fastest route is the Florida Turnpike... It's not cheap going all that way on it though ($20 or so I think...). The other option would be to take I-95 up to the Beachline Expressway (528) near Cocoa Beach.... Won't be as quick, but will be cheaper on tolls....

Old 03-10-2007, 09:39 AM

3 posts, read 73,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
The other option would be to take I-95 up to the Beachline Expressway (528) near Cocoa Beach.... Won't be as quick, but will be cheaper on tolls....
Do you know how long this drive would be? And how much time would the Turnpike save me compared to this route?

Old 03-10-2007, 09:45 AM

9,342 posts, read 16,566,150 times
Daytona to Ft. Laud- you could check out mapquest and plan to jog over from I-95 to A1A for a bit- very pretty.

Old 03-06-2009, 04:35 PM

1 posts, read 27,200 times
Hi, my wife and I are driving from Toronto to Miami for 2 weeks and would like to know what would be the best scenic routes to take as well as some fun things to do along the way

Old 03-08-2009, 09:02 AM

6,530 posts, read 9,214,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand Jaggarnath View Post
Hi, my wife and I are driving from Toronto to Miami for 2 weeks and would like to know what would be the best scenic routes to take as well as some fun things to do along the way
Stop in St Augustine and bee-bop around the historic district and maybe hit the lighthouse.

After that, nothing to see as far as I'm concerned so just get to your destination...

Actually Cape Canaveral is kinda cool too..

Old 04-04-2009, 06:05 AM

2 posts, read 53,335 times
Looking for a scenic, but not slow drive from Miami to Orlando First time from Australia, Looking forward to the experience. Travelling in late April 09. Any sugestions :-)

Old 04-04-2009, 06:07 AM

2 posts, read 53,335 times
Looking for a scenic, but not slow drive from Miami to Orlando First time from Australia, Looking forward to the experience. Travelling in late April 09. Any sugestions :-)

Old 04-04-2009, 02:10 PM

479 posts, read 916,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trozsa View Post
I agree with Rhett...not a lot of scenic stuff between Orlando and Miami. Take the Florida Turnpike north from Miami to Orlando...but have cash, lots of tolls.

Or take I-95N to the Beach Line (SR 528) - also a toll road - west to Orlando. Still no scenery to speak of.

Or, you could take US 27 from Miami, then hit I-4 around Davenport and into Orlando. No tolls, but bunches of small towns with lots of traffic lights. This way may be a little more interesting than the other routes. At least there are places to eat or get coffee along the way!

Old 04-07-2009, 09:52 PM

574 posts, read 1,292,213 times
I am in Daytona and a drive from here to Ft. Lauderdale (I agree totally with Rhett on both routes to take) is about 4 to 4 1/2 hours. From Orlando to Miami would be in my "guesstimation" about 5 hours or so.

Have fun and enjoy your stay! We're expecting frost tomorrow morning, but its supposed to warm up again by Thursday.

Nancy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida