Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 03:30 PM

991 posts, read 4,617,110 times

Advertisements

Anyone from fla that wants to move back to Long Island? and why
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2007, 05:13 PM

89 posts, read 268,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momix5 View Post
Anyone from fla that wants to move back to Long Island? and why

So far it looks good that you have not gotten any responses on this one! I was going to ask a similar question but regarding the philly area...really anywhere north!

Old 03-06-2007, 05:44 PM

71 posts, read 326,345 times
Yes, We Moved To Ga A Few Years Ago. We Are From South Fl. Its Too Cold. Anyone Moveing Out Of Fl, Make Sure You Know You Will Be Freezing In The Winter .my Blood Was So Thin From The Humidity And Here In Ga I Actually Get Nose Bleeds Because The Air Is So Dry In The Winter. Houseing Is Cheaper But Its Not Worth How Cold You Feel 6 Months Out Of The Year.we Will Be Going To Ocala Fl.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:56 PM

449 posts, read 1,125,848 times
floridadragon, we also moved from south fl-but to NC and I want to go back also, can't get used to the cold and my skin got so dry here during the winter-yuck! miss fl.

Old 03-16-2007, 09:37 PM

166 posts, read 986,255 times
LOL. I am originally from NYC. It's not that bad in Georgia or North Carolina. Gosh, I remember 12 below zero. Now that's cold! Florida is too hot!

Old 03-16-2007, 09:42 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,211,528 times
"too hot" in the summer, and perfect the rest of the year. it's like 63 degrees outside right now, with a little wind... aahhhhhhhh...

Old 03-17-2007, 06:34 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,363,197 times
I live in Vero Beach and I'll never move back to the North. Hot as it gets in the summer time, there's no snow to shovel, no dry skin to itch, less sniffles, etc.

Old 03-17-2007, 12:18 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,430,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadragon View Post
Yes, We Moved To Ga A Few Years Ago. We Are From South Fl. Its Too Cold. Anyone Moveing Out Of Fl, Make Sure You Know You Will Be Freezing In The Winter .my Blood Was So Thin From The Humidity And Here In Ga I Actually Get Nose Bleeds Because The Air Is So Dry In The Winter. Houseing Is Cheaper But Its Not Worth How Cold You Feel 6 Months Out Of The Year.we Will Be Going To Ocala Fl.
Sorry you didn't like the cooler climates. I know exactly what you mean, but magnify it by ten.

Just curious whether you liked living in Ocala before you moved further north. What did you enjoy the most there (besides the weather) since you're moving back?

Old 03-18-2007, 11:12 PM

1 posts, read 3,599 times
Default Vero Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
I live in Vero Beach and I'll never move back to the North. Hot as it gets in the summer time, there's no snow to shovel, no dry skin to itch, less sniffles, etc.
How long have you lived in Vero Beach? Were you there for the Frances & Jean? I heard that Vero got it pretty bad.

We lived in Jupiter, FL at the time. We moved to Knoxville, TN in September of 2005. We have had two winters here. I think we are ready to move back.

Only we can't afford to move back to Jupiter. We are thinking about Vero Beach, so we aren't quite so far south. Also, I have found some affordable condos there.

I sure miss riding my bike and swimming in the winter!

I would like to hear from you and hear more about Vero Beach and where you were from in the north.

Thanks.

Viveca

Old 03-19-2007, 04:25 AM

324 posts, read 1,527,660 times
cold in georgia & nc? have you lived anywhere else??? i moved to tampa from milwaukee and then from tampa to raleigh...yeah it can get 'cold' here but I'd rather have this weather than freeze your butt off cold!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida