U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 08:14 PM

28 posts, read 124,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpow53 View Post
well we made it and started looking around. ototw priced us out of the market and we were told that the price was not negotiable. we looked at a few other places and nothing appealed to us. the sales lady we talked to last year called us and ask if we wanted to look at legacy in leesburg. we looked, thinking that the prices would be too high also. after we talked and looked they made us an offer we could not pass up. at last I will be close to the fishing holes. my wife got the house she wanted and I got the large lot I wanted for privacy. so we will be at the legacy as soon as our house sells in calif.

Bob & Raquel
I heard Legacy is very nice. I am glad you found something you both like. That is the whole idea of retirement is for both to enjoy! Good luck with selling your house and moving. It is like a great new adventure.

I'm sorry OTOW was high priced for you. It has gone up over the past couple of years since we first signed for ours to be built. If we were looking now we would have been turned off by the prices. I know what happen because it happened to us. New construction is not negotiable period. Plus you have to pay for upgrades which of course you want because you saw the models. BEEN THERE DONE THAT. I must say I wasn't happy with the whole thing that is why I suggest to purchase resales.
OTOW is wonderful and so much to do. It is what keeps me happy. Living here is great once you get past building.

Take care and I am glad I at least gave you some info to use in your search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2007, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaB View Post
Thanks for the heads up. We'll be coming down next week and have already contacted one of the realtors you recommended. And after talking to him we've decided my mother would rather be in OTOW instead of Indigo East. Like you, she's really hoping to be in the hub of things...have activities to participate in and the golf cart idea is appealing to her. She also wanted the maintenance included. Won't be here on Friday, darn! Thanks again for all the helpful info.
Sounds great. I hope all goes well with your search. Please let me know how you make out. I hope the prices don't scare you away. Re sales are a good bet if she doesn't mind something a couple years old. It is a buyers market out here!

Old 04-18-2007, 04:41 PM

5 posts, read 16,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
Sounds great. I hope all goes well with your search. Please let me know how you make out. I hope the prices don't scare you away. Re sales are a good bet if she doesn't mind something a couple years old. It is a buyers market out here!
We just got home from OTOW. VERY impressed. The landscaping, amenities, people were just what we were looking for. We did the tour thing and then got a realtor. The price of the resales were definitely the way to go. We used one of the realtors you recommended, Tinkerbelle2. He was fantastic, patient, and well informed. Long story short, my mother put in an offer on a resale in the Avalon section. We hope to hear soon if it is accepted. The same house with the same upgrades new would have been about $40,000 more! And this home is only one year old. There is something for everyone at OTOW. Will let you know if it all works out. Thanks again for your input.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaB View Post
We just got home from OTOW. VERY impressed. The landscaping, amenities, people were just what we were looking for. We did the tour thing and then got a realtor. The price of the resales were definitely the way to go. We used one of the realtors you recommended, Tinkerbelle2. He was fantastic, patient, and well informed. Long story short, my mother put in an offer on a resale in the Avalon section. We hope to hear soon if it is accepted. The same house with the same upgrades new would have been about $40,000 more! And this home is only one year old. There is something for everyone at OTOW. Will let you know if it all works out. Thanks again for your input.

YEAH! She will be my neighbor! I live in Avalon. Can you tell me which house? I'll bet it is a couple houses from me. I know it was the best buy in this neighborhood. Please keep me informed and I look forward to meeting your mom and you!
Oh which realtor did you use?

Old 07-01-2007, 06:44 PM

5 posts, read 16,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
YEAH! She will be my neighbor! I live in Avalon. Can you tell me which house? I'll bet it is a couple houses from me. I know it was the best buy in this neighborhood. Please keep me informed and I look forward to meeting your mom and you!
Oh which realtor did you use?
My mother has moved into OTOW and has met more neighbors in one week than she met in 18 yrs in Tallahassee. Very friendly people. Loads of activities. What a well thought out community. She's got her golf cart and is ready to go!

Old 07-02-2007, 12:59 PM

169 posts, read 771,655 times
Does anyone know - is the OTOW in Ocala the same as the one in Clearwater - on a 100 year land lease? Do you know how much more time is left on the land lease? We have that issue in Clearwater and they always sell for less than other codos for that reason. But eventually we worry that they will be unsalable. They were built in the late 60's (e.g.: 1968) so there is about 60 years left on the land lease.

Has anyone read the reversion clause for the improvements and what the owner's will be paid if anything for the inprovements on the property when the lease expires?

Does anyone else know about this? I don't know if it applies to the single family properties here we just know that it applies to the condo's.

Old 12-24-2007, 01:40 PM

16 posts, read 25,948 times
Can anyone tell me if they allow dogs @ OTOW and if they let you fence ?...
My husband & I are planning on moving there as soon as we sell our house , also in
FL . but I would not be able to walk my big lab, so I need it fenced ... does anyone recommend renting before buying ?....
I thank you and Happy Holidays to all
Kate

Old 12-24-2007, 02:59 PM

20 posts, read 99,521 times
yes u can have dogs up to two i think. They have a special area which is fenced in (a dog run) where everyone goes and meets. You can put a fence up but must get approval and put landscapping around it. Also rent if u want to they have rentals there

Old 12-24-2007, 03:15 PM

16 posts, read 25,948 times
Thanks Chrisp . nice of you to take the time to answer : of course it could be a while
before I get to sell this house but doing my homework : cant wait to move to Ocala.
from what Ive heard its a great town !
Have a Merry Xmas & a Happy New Year :

Old 10-25-2009, 12:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,562 times
Post on top of the world post

Hi. My son-in-law is an employee of this incredible development in Ocala, FL. I will be moving there as soon as I can sell my home in the country located in northwest Florida. This development has such a unique approach -- they have thought of EVERYTHING! Safe is an understatement. While the monthly HA fee is high ($350) your home is painted every 6 years, reroofed every 10 I think, you can do yard maintenance or it is done for you. If you want to have a big garden you can go to an area they have marked off and you just choose a plot of land and start your garden. The duplexes are most reasonably priced and do not feel like duplexes ($65,000) will get you a 2/2 with a car and a half garage. Everything from 300 clubs to join, free classes of every kind imaginable. If you don't want to drive, you can use a golf cart to get anywhere in the huge community. Every road has beautiful trees and the most incredible landscaping! I just can't say enough about these developments! You can actually call ahead to make a reservation to stay at one of their model homes for a few days to have time to really look around. I wish I could go today -- I'd be packing, I'll tell you!!! Email me at [EMAIL="sunnymcnair22@yahoo.com"]sunnymcnair22@yahoo.com[/EMAIL] and I'll answer any and all questions you might have. There is also a newspaper for the community that you can have sent to you for free. Let me know how I can help and maybe someday soon we'll be neighbors.

4350)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida