U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 05:31 PM

26 posts, read 111,477 times

Advertisements

Does anyone live in the top of the world community? can you tell me about it ? is it a nice place,are the people friendly,would you buy there again,does management keep up the place, is it safe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2007, 06:01 PM

4,497 posts, read 6,550,848 times
This is a series of condo's with all sizes of apartments. They are very well mantained . We know several persons who have lived there for years, mainly retired persons, they seem to like it.

Old 03-07-2007, 07:54 PM

1,406 posts, read 4,662,983 times
There's also a TOTW retirement community in Ocala - with 3 "neighborhoods." It's different from the one in Clearwater in that this one has homes rather than condos. They certainly look nice, on golf courses, etc.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:06 PM

8 posts, read 95,564 times
Default Re OTOW in Ocala

Yes, I live there. There are a couple old neighborhoods where ther are duplexes (actually triplexes), but the majority of the n'hoods are stand-alone homes. OTOW is a beautiful place with tons of activities & the homes are reasonably priced compared to the rest of Fla. There are quite a few seperate "developments" within the confines of OTOW. I closed on my house in Indigo East section back in May. I LOVE Indigo East & OTOW in general. I believe OTOW is the 2nd largest community in Fla., after The Villages. These are all gated communiites here in OTOW. Safe & quiet & beautiful.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:46 PM

26 posts, read 111,477 times
Default reply to mutoscope

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutoscope View Post
Yes, I live there. There are a couple old neighborhoods where ther are duplexes (actually triplexes), but the majority of the n'hoods are stand-alone homes. OTOW is a beautiful place with tons of activities & the homes are reasonably priced compared to the rest of Fla. There are quite a few seperate "developments" within the confines of OTOW. I closed on my house in Indigo East section back in May. I LOVE Indigo East & OTOW in general. I believe OTOW is the 2nd largest community in Fla., after The Villages. These are all gated communiites here in OTOW. Safe & quiet & beautiful.
Thanks for your input. my wife and I looked at Candler Hills last year and really liked it. can you tell me any thing about it and what you think about the neighborhood. we will be in the area again in april for a 2nd look. we are going to be retired in april and want to look around the Ocala area some more.we feel the area is right for us.

Thanks Bob & Raquel

Old 03-12-2007, 07:59 PM

8 posts, read 95,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpow53 View Post
Thanks for your input. my wife and I looked at Candler Hills last year and really liked it. can you tell me any thing about it and what you think about the neighborhood. we will be in the area again in april for a 2nd look. we are going to be retired in april and want to look around the Ocala area some more.we feel the area is right for us.

Thanks Bob & Raquel
Candler Hills is very nice. Lots of different models to choose from & has a golf course wrapping around it. Indigo East & Candler Hills are the only 2 neighborhoods (at present) in OTOW where you have the OPTION of paying for all the "extras", meaning amenities. In other words, our HOA fees are a little less than the other neighborhoods within OTOW, but if you choose, you can pay the difference & then have full use of all the amenities at OTOW. Many of us do not need that as or neighborhoods have their own swimming pools & clubhouses & the residents tend ot organize their own amenities there.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:54 AM

1 posts, read 12,904 times
Hello:

I will be visiting Orlando with my family next month and I would like to check out the Ocala area for possible relocation for retirement. I am interested in learning more about the OTOW retirement community and environs from a current resident. Would you be willing to answer some questions regarding the development?

Old 03-20-2007, 07:51 PM

28 posts, read 148,812 times
Default Fyi

OTOW is a wonderful place to live. About 1 1/2 hours from Orlando. Like was said in the message above. Prices are lower than most gated communities. We looked for a couple of years before deciding on OTOW. Go to the web site and check out the different models. http://www.ontopoftheworldcommunities.com/
ALSO: http://www.ontopoftheworldinfo.com/ (click on our newspaper for March and see whats been going on.)
The homes are nice. There are several neighborhoods, health fitness center, pools (5) clubs (over 200), 2 resturants, library, tennis, education center, cultral center with stage and many great shows scheduled. There is a shopping center by the front gate and Doctors, hospitals etc, very close by. Even a huge Wal Mart just 2 miles up the road. You will love it. Older n'hoods are villas with 4 or 6 linked together. Very nice and you may get a good deal. Most of these are in need of updating so the price may be lower than one that has the work done. Chandler Hills is nice, Indigo East is across the road and only has an electric gate. The main comunities are gated with a guard. Both Chandler and Indigo have their own pools and rec centers. With Chandler you get use of all the amenities. The Indigo homes pay a 'cross over fee' if they want to use the health center, etc. Anyone can come to the dances and cocktail hours. Chandler and Indigo you own your land and do not get full yard service. The other communities are land leased and you get maintenance free living. That is why our monthly fees are a little more. And they just went up! That will happen no matter where you chose to live if you want a gated community. Your sales rep will be able to fill you in on all the details. I'm just going from memory and that is slipping.
BEWARE......do not buy new construction! Buy resale and save yourself time, money and a big headache. Get a realtor, don't go to the sales office! They can show you anything you like. I know of two that are great! Most resales are lower than building new an have only been lived in a short time. Some people find they miss their family or for health reasons must move. So think about it and be wise. New construction is not fun. I wish we had purchased a resale home. We would have been here a year earlier. Right now there are many houses for sale so come and join the fun. Save money for a golf cart. OH YES there are 3 golf courses! But we don't play golf...the cart is how we get around the community and even to the shopping center.
I'll probably think of more once I post this. I think once you come up for a visit you will love it like most of us do. I've meet couples that have been here for 15 -20 years. Must say something!

Old 03-21-2007, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpow53 View Post
Does anyone live in the top of the world community? can you tell me about it ? is it a nice place,are the people friendly,would you buy there again,does management keep up the place, is it safe?
VERY SAFE! OTOW in Ocala
WE are guard gated at all entrances. See my reply in this thread. Yes I would buy again BUT would NOT buy NEW! Plenty of resales and some are almost new. When we were looking there were NOT many resales so ended up with new construction. Not real happy with the process.

Old 03-22-2007, 06:21 AM

I just want to bump this back up to the top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida